The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 15th, 2017 [UPDATED]

• iScreamiScream113,173
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 00:35, Edited on 16 August 17 at 00:37 by iScreamPermalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ScreamSlasher5X said:
    Can someone give me some information, from someone who actually knows. I currently have a backlog so I'm not too bothered about picking it up but will the price for the Telltale Batman go any lower? If so roughly how long from now do you think it would be. If months then I might as well pick it up now because I could have finished my backlog by the time it's on a better sale from now. Cheers
    Only Warner Bros IE Xbox One management staff actually know, and even if they are members of this site they are not going to post on this forum that it will be $5 cheaper in 3 months guaranteed.

Edit:D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    Noone knows and anyone with an official capacity to know is not going to say so because they want sales today not maybe sales tomorrow.
    Ninja'd

Sales are a gamble, you can wait for something to go lower only for it to never go on sale again, or even worse get delisted.

The best advice I can offer is you look at these graphs and draw your own conclusions: https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/search-results/ba...
    https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/search-results/ba...
    I was never expecting a point on the dot price more round about, nor a guaranteed date more a rough idea. I'll give an instance. I've noticed that Life is Strange has been on sale three times, roughly three months apart from each other each time they've been listed as $6. I was hoping for someone who is constantly on the site to be able to give insight. The game could have been on sale a few months ago and been the same price that it has now. If it had gone on sale before it could have been slightly more expensive than it is now but that would prove there's been a mark down and the potential for it to be marked down once again.
    Good Day! Tea and a scone with clotted cream and your finest jam, please. ? T.T?
  • sanityendssanityends335,962
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 00:51Permalink
    Why is everyone complaining? Every week I rad "put season passes on sale" They did it and surprise people complaining........So irritating.
  • AhayzoAhayzo651,047
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 01:01Permalink
    sanityends said:
    Why is everyone complaining? Every week I rad "put season passes on sale" They did it and surprise people complaining........So irritating.
    Sometimes different people want different things wink
    #mentallypudding
  • Posted on 16 August 17 at 02:41Permalink
    Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass is $39.99 at 20% off? Somethings wrong.

Finally can get some Fallout 4 DLC though. smile
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,195
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 03:37Permalink
    Huh. The Fallout 4 SP is finally back to the original price before they announced the increase from $30 to $50. Glad I grabbed it before launch at the $30 price point.

ScreamSlasher5X said:
    Can someone give me some information, from someone who actually knows. I currently have a backlog so I'm not too bothered about picking it up but will the price for the Telltale Batman go any lower? If so roughly how long from now do you think it would be. If months then I might as well pick it up now because I could have finished my backlog by the time it's on a better sale from now. Cheers
    I seriously doubt it's going to go lower than $10. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think any Telltale series has gone below $10. (Or did one go to $7.50? I can't remember, I don't think so.)

In addition, Batman has been resistant to sales because of the license. The Win 10 version never goes on sale. If you're going to get it, I'd nab it at $10.

But NO ONE is going to give you official confirmation, because they want you to buy it now, especially if they're going to drop the price to something lower than now. Then they're losing money, obviously.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. * I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy828,029
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 04:38Permalink
    Throni360 said:
    Cellar Attic said:
    I don't understand why you would put a bunch of season passes on sale but not the games? You would think sales logic would dictate that people would buy the game and the DLC if they were both on sale simultaneously. I've been waiting and waiting for Evil Within. I guess I'll pick up the DLC now and get the game whenever.
    The games were on sale every other week. Everybody and their mom already owns them.
    Not true. I wait for the game with the dlc to be on sale. Or both at the same time.
  • LigerslayerLigerslayer401,439
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 05:09Permalink
    TT Game of Thrones went down to $6 or $8 in the Ultimate Sale if I remember correctly. Wolf Among Us too.
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 05:13Permalink
    I stand corrected. toast
  • Posted on 16 August 17 at 05:38Permalink
    Does anyone recommend the Dead Rising 4 Season pass? I was going to pick it up, but the reviews on the market place seem to indicate the DLC is a rushed, buggy mess.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,125,035
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 06:45Permalink
    Although I have most of them, THANK YOU MICROSOFT for doing a DLC sale! I know many people have wanted this forever!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,709
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 07:06, Edited on 16 August 17 at 07:17 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    ScreamSlasher5X said:
    I was never expecting a point on the dot price more round about, nor a guaranteed date more a rough idea. I was hoping for someone who is constantly on the site to be able to give insight.
    I know as much as the next person about sales. There is a good chance that Batman will drop to $5 three years after it's release - can you wait that long to save $5?

$5 three years after their Xbox One release
    https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/search-results/ga...
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • AlahertAlahert694,626
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 11:45, Edited on 16 August 17 at 11:45 by AlahertPermalink
    So many season passes, finally Sunset Overdrive's one on sale! smile
    TWiN$ 777
  • Rista BRista B444,143
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 14:34Permalink
    Necromorph11 said:
    there's an error: far cry 4 season pass price is slashed by 60%, not the valley of the yetis
    Yes, I was wondering about the price on this as well. I still think it's too high for the content you get but it needs to be clarified that this is the season pass on sale, not just the valley of the yetis DLC.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • KnoellKnoell347,513
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 18:11Permalink
    Benyboy007Style said:
    Does anyone recommend the Dead Rising 4 Season pass? I was going to pick it up, but the reviews on the market place seem to indicate the DLC is a rushed, buggy mess.
    I love Dead Rising, but they kind of half assed Dead Rising 4. If you played Dead Rising 4 then you probably know what I mean, but if you enjoyed it, then you might enjoy the season pass.

I believe it consists of the following:

Stocking Stuffer: Just extra Christmas themed items, clothing, and skins for the zombies.

Frank Rising: Kind of interesting and fun, but I don't think it meshed very well with what Dead Rising is supposed to be.

MiniGolf: I only played a little bit of this so far, but it got old to me pretty quickly. Too many loading animations and such. Just let me golf. Watching the same animations over and over again gets old.

I am not sure if there is more coming but really you are getting one story expansion. Not like Dead Rising 3 where there were like 4 story expansions.

That said, it may be worth the $8 on sale right now.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,709
    Posted on 16 August 17 at 19:25, Edited on 16 August 17 at 20:13 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Allgorhythm said:
    If you don't have it yet, now's the time to pick up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass. IMHO Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the best game to have been released on the X1. The Season Pass includes System Rift for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and A Criminal Past for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Unlike most DLC's that, in my opinion tend to be mediocre and an anticlimax to the main game, these two stories are exceptional. They have strong plots, well developed characters, and interesting game play.
    Sold! :)

I also picked up the Day One Steelbook Edition in a sale yesterday https://www.nzgameshop.com/xbox-one-games/deus-ex-mankind-di...

alklein92201 said:
    They sell to people who might not ever even have the game, but also those people are now more encouraged to buy the game because hell, they'd hate to have wasted money on DLC they can't play!
    So if their ploy was to sell season passes so that people buy the game, it worked on me.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • LockieLockie327,553
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 04:34Permalink
    Sweet, glad I held out on buying the Sunset Overdrive bundles to get the DLC, since I already have the game from GwG.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • iScreamiScream113,173
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 04:34Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ScreamSlasher5X said:
    I was never expecting a point on the dot price more round about, nor a guaranteed date more a rough idea. I was hoping for someone who is constantly on the site to be able to give insight.
    I know as much as the next person about sales. There is a good chance that Batman will drop to $5 three years after it's release - can you wait that long to save $5?

$5 three years after their Xbox One release
    Now this is what I'm talking about. See people do notice shit. The websites a good help obviously.

Between November and December it dropped from $24.99 to $16.74 saving $8.25.

In May it dropped to $10 saving $14.99, it dropped $10 again three months later.

I'm willing to bet after season 2 has completely finished they'll either bundle both for a deal or have a deal below $10 for the first season.
    Time will tell. Why do I care so much? Because I'm stingy, why needlessly waste money if I can save more. True I could save all of it by not spending it, however if it's a price I'm content with I'll parting my money I will.
    Good Day! Tea and a scone with clotted cream and your finest jam, please. ? T.T?
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 07:14Permalink
    Still waiting for Batman on Win 10.
  • halohogghalohogg97,541
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 11:08Permalink
    The Fallout 4 Season Pass bundle keeps being listing that Fallout 4 itself is included, yet it is not - only the DLC.
  • Borg561Borg561135,894
    Posted on 17 August 17 at 11:22Permalink
    Why put the Lego Season Passes on sale on one platform but not the other?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.