TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Vote Now for September 2017's TA Playlist Game

AuthorMessage
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 15 August 17 at 03:44
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
I'd like to make a bid for Mafia III. If you haven't used your vote yet or are willing to change it, I feel Mafia's story makes for the best discussion. The polarizing gameplay would be interesting too.
This was my thinking, as I had played all me. The choices would make a great discussion.

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
I'd like to make a bid for Mafia III. If you haven't used your vote yet or are willing to change it, I feel Mafia's story makes for the best discussion. The polarizing gameplay would be interesting too.
Mafia III is a sequel and has not appeared before. NFS is a sequel but not story related so that is excusable. Catalyst, is a sequel as well, yes? Was ME1 on the list previously? I don't remember.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 15 August 17 at 04:13
Praise The Sun \[T]/
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 15 August 17 at 04:17, Edited on 15 August 17 at 04:18 by Eurydace
Mirrors Edge 1 has like no story. Wouldn't make for good discussion. Our original version of the list had the first Mirrors Edge but it got swapped.

NFS is the only game with a story.

Are the previous Mafia games even BC? And regardless, they couldn't have won here. We try to pick games that will at least have a chance against each other. With varying results.

And we also consider whether games will actually make for a good podcast.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 15 August 17 at 04:36
Yeah I do my part to sign off on the games to be polled when I feel all four would bring up strong points worthy of discussion in the forums and on the podcast. I hope to never play Dark Souls in my life but if it wins I at least know it will make for an interesting talk, for example.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 15 August 17 at 04:51, Edited on 15 August 17 at 04:52 by vSully
The lore for Dark Souls is extremely deep and rich, but you aren't beaten over the head like you are in other games. It's very possible to go through the whole game and know next to nothing about the world/NPCs/bosses etc.

Every single item, for example, has a small description that reveals a little bit of background or insight on an NPC, a location, etc.. If you take the time to explore, you'll find that there's a lot more information about the world and its history than is presented outwardly.
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:04
Dark Souls! Let's do this!
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:04, Edited on 15 August 17 at 05:05 by Anxsighety
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dark Souls is a dreadful game. Played it, beat it and have zero interest in going back to the series. If it wins, there is an amazing walkthrough on here you can use.

Haven't played Catalyst but I really dislike the first one. Must go back and finish that. Excellent soundtrack though.

Mafia III was quite good but nowhere as good as it should have been. The game feels it should be more expansive. Some of the bugs were inexcusable though. Even now, when you drive fast, the grass is spawning as you get there. Rendering is poor. Excellent soundtrack, great voice actors and fun achievements.The final DLC was amazing though.

Need for Speed was also great fun but it's nothing new. Just another Need for Speed.

Going to vote for Mafia III, as it is the one I would enjoy the most in terms of discussions, especially my theory about the ending.

Still unable to vote on mobile.
The first Mirror's Edge is about as legit as games get. Catalyst is good but not even close. I think thise that didn't love the original really like it and those that do are iffy on it.

It's a good game though. Dark Souls isn't a good pick for playlist IMO, regardless of how good it is.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:22
Why not?
Джэй
Джэй
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:37
Dark Souls, I would give it a 5th chance)))
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:56
I went for Mirror's Edge Catalyst. A few people have access to it from EA Access and I feel that if it we're Dark Souls the TA Community would have a very depressing and defeatist September, haha
planting42
planting42
Posted on 15 August 17 at 05:59
Let's play Dark Souls together!
Elite1111111111
Posted on 15 August 17 at 06:13
I'm guessing Dark Souls will win pretty handily.
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 15 August 17 at 06:53
Well the only one ironically that I have played and completed in that list is dark souls so despite its awesomeness id rather play one of the others so went with mirrors edge as I really enjoyed the first one so at least have that to go on.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 15 August 17 at 07:28
I think Dark Souls will hopefully win because people will vote for it both out of enthusiasm and wanting to share such a brilliant game with others and/or they are sadistic and want others to suffer for the next month.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 15 August 17 at 07:33, Edited on 15 August 17 at 07:34 by I8ITackyticsI8I
I have just one of these so my vote goes for that.. I probably won't partake regardless this time around though.

Also I voted via mobile.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 15 August 17 at 07:41
ClownTastic said:
I think Dark Souls will hopefully win because people will vote for it both out of enthusiasm and wanting to share such a brilliant game with others and/or they are sadistic and want others to suffer for the next month.
I voted Catalyst but if I'd seen the people complaining about Dark Souls I would have joined in just to see the complaints that followed, heh.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 15 August 17 at 07:50
vSully said:
The lore for Dark Souls is extremely deep and rich, but you aren't beaten over the head like you are in other games. It's very possible to go through the whole game and know next to nothing about the world/NPCs/bosses etc.

Every single item, for example, has a small description that reveals a little bit of background or insight on an NPC, a location, etc.. If you take the time to explore, you'll find that there's a lot more information about the world and its history than is presented outwardly.
Sadly so many people don't realize the Souls series is one of the most well written, interconnected franchises full of so much to discover. Every trinket, every character has huge back stories you discover pieces of, like a giant puzzle that you have to solve to understand the world you're running through, suffering through, and why.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 15 August 17 at 07:56
I'm going for Dark Souls because:

A) It's the only one I have on my card, though I lent the disc to a friend who promptly lost it and I missed out on GwG due to idiocy. So I'd need to rebuy it.

B) I've started it and, whilst I quite enjoyed the opening, its obtuse nature (and difficulty) threw me and I never went back. I feel Playlist is a great excuse to really focus on it, and the forums would hopefully generate some shared stories of frustration leading to useful hints and tips.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 15 August 17 at 08:08
Mafia III smile
ProjectJeff85
ProjectJeff85
Posted on 15 August 17 at 08:09
I would've voted for Need for Speed 2015 since I've enjoyed the game a lot. However, with Dark Souls in the poll for September's playlist, that game gets my vote! Granted, I didn't play it as much as... well, those Souls fans, but still.

Praise the Sun!
https://youtu.be/J0zZcrPekF0
Twitter: @ProjectJeff85
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.