Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Full List of Xbox One X Enhanced Games

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,865
    Posted on 07 September 17 at 13:50
    Pra1s3Th3Sun said:
    Very surprised to not see Destiny 2 on this list!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Destiny 2 enhanced at some future date. I think the priority was to release the game this month. I think we'll see a title update that enhances the game a little down the road--maybe, released in conjunction with the first DLC.
  • Posted on 09 September 17 at 08:14
    Allgorhythm said:
    Pra1s3Th3Sun said:
    Very surprised to not see Destiny 2 on this list!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Destiny 2 enhanced at some future date. I think the priority was to release the game this month. I think we'll see a title update that enhances the game a little down the road--maybe, released in conjunction with the first DLC.
    Wasn't Destiny 2 a subject of all that controversy about parity? Specifically, that the X could run Destiny at noticeably higher settings than the PS4 Pro, but would be deliberately limited so as not to embarrass the latter, now that Bungie is on all fours with Sony?

As someone already committed to the X, this "news", if it was indeed true, got me rather angry, but it did at least seem to contain the promise that there would be an X update, albeit a frustratingly modest one. Am I to believe even this has not been confirmed?
    38 year old Artist, electric guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer, Suburban London.
    Posted on 09 September 17 at 17:28, Edited on 09 September 17 at 17:29 by Allgorhythm
    Ozzpot said:
    Wasn't Destiny 2 a subject of all that controversy about parity? Specifically, that the X could run Destiny at noticeably higher settings than the PS4 Pro, but would be deliberately limited so as not to embarrass the latter, now that Bungie is on all fours with Sony?

As someone already committed to the X, this "news", if it was indeed true, got me rather angry, but it did at least seem to contain the promise that there would be an X update, albeit a frustratingly modest one. Am I to believe even this has not been confirmed?
    There has been a lot of speculation. AFAIK, it's just unsubstantiated rumor that is inconsistent with official statements. Mike Ybarra, Corporate VP - Xbox and Windows Platform at Microsoft, has not ruled out a future enhanced version.

The PC version of Destiny 2 is supposed to have some impressive ultra settings. I think the development schedule is the more likely answer of why we are not seeing an X1X enhanced announcement today. I think Bungie's first priority was complying with its commitment to release on consoles in Sep. Their next step is to release the PC version with ultra settings in late Oct. Later, Bungie hopes to add HDR capability. This is what Destiny 2 project lead, Mark Noseworthy told IGN [emphasis mine]:
    As you can see in the D2 Beta, the PS4 Pro is already supporting dynamic 4K resolution. The Xbox One X ships after D2, so we don’t have any announcements for how we’re supporting it right now but it is something we are interested in. In terms of HDR, we won’t support HDR at D2 console launch. We’re really excited about the feature (I own an HDR TV and want it badly too!) and very much want to see it arrive sometime post-launch. But I can’t promise a date today.
    The bottom line is I don't think any developer, much less Bungie with a high production value visually spectacular game, would want to "dumb down" the game's features to stroke a hardware manufacturer's ego.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,620
    Posted on 10 September 17 at 17:11
    Bungie might not want to, but Sony might leverage their deal with Activision and Activision might tell Bungie they are not allowed to make it look better (though imagine parity with the PS4 Pro version is on the table).
    Posted on 11 September 17 at 03:06
    Eurydace said:
    Bungie might not want to, but Sony might leverage their deal with Activision and Activision might tell Bungie they are not allowed to make it look better (though imagine parity with the PS4 Pro version is on the table).
    Activision's pretty big and hard to coerce. They take pride in being the world's first third party developer long before there was a Playstation. They have valued their independence ever since they went toe to toe with Atari back in 1980.
  • iManuBAD iTiManuBAD iT425,674
    Posted on 13 September 17 at 09:33
    World of Tanks support 4k, HDR, etc.
    The life is hard, if you are tard is hardest!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,360
    Posted on 23 September 17 at 23:01, Edited on 24 September 17 at 17:37 by HolyHalfDead
    It is not Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (delisted), it is Minecraft (Better Togther).

Minecraft is really struggling to run on Xbox One S, so I think it really needs the additional power of the Xbox One X.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 24 September 17 at 19:24
    I played Strange Brigade today at EGX in the UK, thought it was great, am buying it when it comes out.

It played well, looked good and sound was brilliant, it was the surprise of today for me as i'd never heard of it.

Cuphead was good as well, like a metal slug within a 30's cartoon, but I knew about that.
  • SanjoeSanjoe840,290
    Posted on 15 October 17 at 16:50
    Very nice list smile
    The Real Sanjoe
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads