Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection Announced for Xbox Play Anywhere

• KBop a dooKBop a doo323,443
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ580,271
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 00:05Permalink
    So did they actually add anything new to the game (the title makes it sound like so).

Or are they going to allow the original version to be an XBPA title?
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 00:09Permalink
    And no fixes for any of the core issues in the game like zoo limitation, poor customisation and 200 animals which are 70% reskins with nothing unique.

Lazy cash grab indeed and the fact that they aren't including the new animals in the original versions. Not even a discount for original owners.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 00:30, Edited on 22 August 17 at 00:42 by KBop a dooPermalink
    CRZYSPZ said:
    So did they actually add anything new to the game (the title makes it sound like so).

It has the new animals mentioned in the article. As far as I can tell from its announcement, this is a separate game. It doesn't seem likely they'd upgrade the original to be Xbox Play Anywhere compatible, since it'd give millions of people a free Windows 10 copy (it was even GWG in some regions) and leave little incentive to buy this one, but you never know. This version also has a $10 higher price tag than the one currently in the store. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up replacing the other version on the store, kind of like how Overwatch GOTY Edition replaced the regular edition on the store when it launched (although those had the same price and there is a difference here). It would seem a bit odd to offer both versions at such similar prices. But again, you never know.
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ580,271
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 00:43Permalink
    KBop a doo said:
    CRZYSPZ said:

It has the new animals mentioned in the article. As far as I can tell from its announcement, this is a separate game. It doesn't seem likely they'd upgrade the original to be Xbox Play Anywhere compatible, since it'd give millions of people a free Windows 10 copy (it was even GWG in some regions) and leave little incentive to buy this one, but you never know. This version also has a $10 higher price tag than the one currently in the store. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up replacing the other version on the store, kind of like how Overwatch GOTY Edition replaced the regular edition on the store when it launched (although those had the same price and there is a difference here). It would seem a bit odd to offer both versions at such similar prices.
    In this case, I might be fine with a $5 upgrade fee (like Ori Definitive), but I will not pay $30 for a game I already own. Hopefully MS has something planned for current owners.
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 00:45Permalink
    CRZYSPZ said:
    KBop a doo said:
    CRZYSPZ said:

It has the new animals mentioned in the article. As far as I can tell from its announcement, this is a separate game. It doesn't seem likely they'd upgrade the original to be Xbox Play Anywhere compatible, since it'd give millions of people a free Windows 10 copy (it was even GWG in some regions) and leave little incentive to buy this one, but you never know. This version also has a $10 higher price tag than the one currently in the store. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up replacing the other version on the store, kind of like how Overwatch GOTY Edition replaced the regular edition on the store when it launched (although those had the same price and there is a difference here). It would seem a bit odd to offer both versions at such similar prices.
    In this case, I might be fine with a $5 upgrade fee (like Ori Definitive), but I will not pay $30 for a game I already own. Hopefully MS has something planned for current owners.
    Oh I forgot about Ori, that's a better comparison than the Overwatch thing! Hopefully they do end up doing something like that toast
  • Posted on 22 August 17 at 07:49Permalink
    matdan said:
    And no fixes for any of the core issues in the game like zoo limitation, poor customisation and 200 animals which are 70% reskins with nothing unique.

Lazy cash grab indeed and the fact that they aren't including the new animals in the original versions. Not even a discount for original owners.
    Totally agree. I did like the game but i'm not going to pay so much again for it. Especially with the zoo limit still in there.
  • Posted on 22 August 17 at 08:58Permalink
    Any idea if it's the same achievement list
  • Danno OmenDanno Omen1,048,189
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 12:59Permalink
    RulingGinger24 said:
    Any idea if it's the same achievement list
    This is all i care about atm lol. I love the city building type games and zoo tycoon was awesome so if this has a new achievement list i will for sure pick it up
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl629,963
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 13:16Permalink
    Cash grab.
  • ALollzALollz495,266
    Posted on 22 August 17 at 15:05Permalink
    It was actually quite a fun game. The zoo limitation was a bit odd, since it really should have just been a size limitation, but still fun. I'll pick this one up when it goes on sale, or becomes GwG
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 August 17 at 20:52Permalink
    the thing that ruined the game was the zoo limitation.

you can max it out and have so much empty room left. seemed like a really odd choice to make with this type of game
  • U2NUMBU2NUMB731,133
    Posted on 23 August 17 at 16:14Permalink
    Removing the limitations means I buy it again!
  • segagamersegagamer424,339 424,339 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 October 17 at 08:23Permalink
    Any news or updates for the people who bought the original version? Even if it's a 50% discount I'd be happy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.