The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 22nd, 2017

AuthorMessage
Chaos Trance
82,641
Chaos Trance
Posted on 22 August 17 at 16:28
I'll probably do Shadow Warriors and Final Fantasy 15.

If anyone wants a recomendation The Sexy Brutale is an excellent game and easy completion well worth £10
SonOfStayPuft82
Posted on 22 August 17 at 16:28
Sebacean Hybrid said:
I had a question about Star Wars Battlefront, I thought all the DLC was part the EA Access?
So do I have to join that in order to purchase the Ultimate Edition and receive all the DLC?

Thanks!
Nope. You get the Game & DLC for free when you get EA Access.

Purchasing the Ultimate Edition while having EA Access just means you'll get to keep the game & DLC should you not renew your EA Access.
Musikfreak007
219,304
Musikfreak007
Posted on 22 August 17 at 16:35, Edited on 22 August 17 at 16:37 by Musikfreak007
PuckJunkie said:
EA Vault currently has both the base game and all DLC. So far they haven't taken anything out of the Vault once added, so you're likely to have access to it as long as you want to keep paying for EA Access.
While true, there has been an announcement that FIFA 14 will leave the vault on Oct. 18th. See the end of the article (FIFA 14 Servers to be Shut Down in October).
That to say, it is unlikely that SW:BF would be leaving the vault within the next year and likely beyond that.

Sebacean Hybrid said:
I had a question about Star Wars Battlefront, I thought all the DLC was part the EA Access?
So do I have to join that in order to purchase the Ultimate Edition and receive all the DLC?

Thanks!
For the sale of Star Wars Battlefront with DLC, you just need to be an Xbox Live Gold member to make the purchase to own the game at the sale price. This Ultimate Edition on sale now is the one with all the DLC.

If you already are an EA Access member, you would already have access to the game and DLC through that program - though you do not "own" the title, you are just playing it through that service.
Sebacean Hybrid
Posted on 22 August 17 at 17:02
Thanks SonOfStayPuft82 and Musikfreak007 for the clarification! $6 is an incredible price! Hopefully enough people play it still in order to get all the acheivements!
LurkingWriter
110,122
LurkingWriter
Posted on 22 August 17 at 18:14
I don't even own an Xbox One yet and I'm sorely tempted by that Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition @ £5…
“How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live…” [IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/LurkingWriter.png[/IMG]
b00f
236,570
b00f
Posted on 22 August 17 at 18:14
o DEEVIUS o said:
I'm confused; you have:
The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition includes:
• The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
• Imperial City
• Orsinium
• Thieves Guild
• The Dark Brotherhood
• The Shadows of the Hist

Under bundles for £25

But also:
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited includes:
• Imperial City
• Orsinium
• Thieves Guild
• The Dark Brotherhood
• The Shadows of the Hist

Under Xbox One games for only £6.60
Yes I am confused as well. Is this a copy paste typo or do you really get all that DLC for $9.90?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 August 17 at 19:45, Edited on 22 August 17 at 20:19 by
They are both for sale; the normal game for £6.60 and the Gold edition for £25.

If they both contain the same DLCs then the question is whats the difference between the normal version and the Gold?

Edit: Yeah looks like this is totally wrong.

The ESO Gold Edition includes the first four DLCs but not Shadow of the Hist, that's wrong. And the normal version of the game does not include any of the DLCs mentioned here.

You also have the add-on 'Morrowind' by itself twice for two different prices.

This article is FUBAR concerning ESO.
Rhyolitic
350,220
Rhyolitic
Posted on 22 August 17 at 22:19
rocking23nf said:
Allgorhythm said:
FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition is a very good deal. The DLC has turned out to be quite good so 50% off the entire game with the DLC is great. Especially, since it seems to be the exception rather than the rule for both main game & DLC to go on sale at the same time.
I disagree, the game is not good. I cannot comment on the expansion but the base game is very dull. Im suprised its held its value this long.
And I disagree with your disagreement. smile From the little I've played so far of it, FFXV is quite a bit more laid back than traditional FF games (especially, IMO, the FF13 series). It seems to be more along the lines of FFX-2, than anything else.

Besides, what other FF game lets you hop into a jacked up car with three of your buddies and go off-roading? laugh
rocking23nf
375,692
rocking23nf
Posted on 22 August 17 at 23:02
Rhyolitic said:
rocking23nf said:
Allgorhythm said:
FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition is a very good deal. The DLC has turned out to be quite good so 50% off the entire game with the DLC is great. Especially, since it seems to be the exception rather than the rule for both main game & DLC to go on sale at the same time.
I disagree, the game is not good. I cannot comment on the expansion but the base game is very dull. Im suprised its held its value this long.
And I disagree with your disagreement. smile From the little I've played so far of it, FFXV is quite a bit more laid back than traditional FF games (especially, IMO, the FF13 series). It seems to be more along the lines of FFX-2, than anything else.

Besides, what other FF game lets you hop into a jacked up car with three of your buddies and go off-roading? laugh
that car was the the worst part of the game. i cant understand how anyone would enjoy that.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 22 August 17 at 23:33
If I were to buy the Wolfenstein games, which order should they be played in? The Old Blood first and then The New Order?
See You Space Cowboy...
PurplTreeFrog
375,563
PurplTreeFrog
Posted on 22 August 17 at 23:38
Does anyone know if the £6.60 Elder scrolls Tamriel Unlimited contains all the dlc? (Other than Morrowind of course).
Thought id save myself a couple quid and buy that and morrowind seperate but now ive bought it im not sure if it has all the other dlc or not (im in work so cant check until i get home in 8 hours)
GTownSharks1991
Posted on 22 August 17 at 23:48
Is it worth buying the Need for Speed Deluxe for the extra $2.25 CAD? I assume that comes with all the DLC? Was it worth playing?
zr122
364,264
zr122
Posted on 23 August 17 at 01:33
So, Batman. I've heard a lot of negative reviews for Arkham Knight, but $25 for the whole deal seems pretty good. I've played the other 3 and enjoyed them. Any thoughts?
KenH2k4
448,140
KenH2k4
Posted on 23 August 17 at 01:54
Reborn Insanity said:
If I were to buy the Wolfenstein games, which order should they be played in? The Old Blood first and then The New Order?
I don't think it really matters either way. I played in the order they came out, which you might want to because even though its a prequel, there are some new mechanics that build on the main game that might be missed.
ReD S1X
955,990
ReD S1X
Posted on 23 August 17 at 01:56
FFXV Premium is tempting but since I got the disc, might as well wait for the season pass price to drop (may take another whole year perhaps).
Say NO to overpriced DLC, Season Pass and definitely NO to microtransactions.
KenH2k4
448,140
KenH2k4
Posted on 23 August 17 at 01:56, Edited on 23 August 17 at 02:00 by KenH2k4
zr122 said:
So, Batman. I've heard a lot of negative reviews for Arkham Knight, but $25 for the whole deal seems pretty good. I've played the other 3 and enjoyed them. Any thoughts?
The story wasn't super strong to me, but the gameplay was tighter than the others. The Batmobile sequences do definitely wear out their welcome. I enjoyed the first six, but the last 30 sucked. (I think it's around 10 total)

From what I know of the DLC, I don't think it adds much value, unless you really like challenges with new characters. If you'd pay $25 for Arkham City 5 years ago, you probably won't regret this
Bazroy99
203,304
Bazroy99
Posted on 23 August 17 at 10:07
zr122 said:
So, Batman. I've heard a lot of negative reviews for Arkham Knight, but $25 for the whole deal seems pretty good. I've played the other 3 and enjoyed them. Any thoughts?
Get it.
Rista B
347,550
Rista B
Posted on 23 August 17 at 12:35
Chaos Trance said:
I'll probably do Shadow Warriors and Final Fantasy 15.

If anyone wants a recomendation The Sexy Brutale is an excellent game and easy completion well worth £10
So tempted on Final Fantasy but might wait to see if it's cheaper around the holidays as my backlog continues to grow...couldn't resist the Shadow Warriors games, The Sexy Brutale and Sherlock Holmes as I enjoyed the last one. At the rate cheap games are coming available I may need a bigger external drive, especially after the 4k goodness of the X1X shows up and requires even more space requirements.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 23 August 17 at 13:14
Sexy brutale looks like a game I'll enjoy and battlefront ue for $8 CAD is hard to pass up since almost $9 after taxes compared to $180 after taxes when that bundle first came out not even 2 years ago. May be quite some time before or if I ever get to it though haha.
Wardieshire
535,983
Wardieshire
Posted on 23 August 17 at 15:47
Had to jump on star wars battlefront ultimate edition for a fiver that is one hell of a deal!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.