Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 22nd, 2017

AuthorMessage
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 August 17 at 16:17, Edited on 23 August 17 at 16:18 by Allgorhythm
rocking23nf said:
Allgorhythm said:
FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition is a very good deal. The DLC has turned out to be quite good so 50% off the entire game with the DLC is great. Especially, since it seems to be the exception rather than the rule for both main game & DLC to go on sale at the same time.
I disagree, the game is not good. I cannot comment on the expansion but the base game is very dull. Im suprised its held its value this long.
Like all FF games, production values are top-notch. It looks like Square-Enix wanted to make the game very different from the FF XIII trilogy. The trilogy was fairly linear, XV is open world. The trilogy had major female characters, XV has an all-male party. The trilogy used a complex menu driven combat system, XV uses direct input. The trilogy was steeped in the Fabula Nova Crystallis cosmology, XV downplays the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos. And so on.

Each player has individual tastes so, if you don't like the game, you don't like it. However, FF XV is extremely popular. Within the first 24 hours of release, Square-Enix shipped enough digital & physical versions of the game to break even on development costs. Critically, the game was well received (38/40 on Famitsu and 83/100 on Metacritic), and earned quite a number of 2016 awards. It gets heavy play on YouTube including a substantial amount of videos demonstrating post game play.

The bottom line is, setting individual preferences aside and looking at the game objectively, FF XV is a great game and the sale is a good deal.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 August 17 at 16:27
Rista B said:
So tempted on Final Fantasy but might wait to see if it's cheaper around the holidays as my backlog continues to grow...couldn't resist the Shadow Warriors games, The Sexy Brutale and Sherlock Holmes as I enjoyed the last one. At the rate cheap games are coming available I may need a bigger external drive, especially after the 4k goodness of the X1X shows up and requires even more space requirements.
I recommend the Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox 8TB Storage With Dual USB Ports. You gaina USB port instead of losing one and you can install over 200 games on it before you start getting tight on space.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 23 August 17 at 16:29
@Everone:

If you get this far, the ESO info is completely false. Please do not buy it thinking you'll get Shadow of the Hist. The Morrowind stuff also doesn't come with anything except Morrowind.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 23 August 17 at 20:01
Can't pass up Star Wars and Evil Within Bundles. clap
JackTheCreeper
Posted on 24 August 17 at 02:08
I just had to pick up The Evil Within Digital Bundle at that price.
Chief0fZombies
Posted on 24 August 17 at 03:06
Can anyone confirm that ESO for $9.90 does indeed have the 5 DLCs. When i look at it in the xbox store it says nothing about them being included in the $9.90 one only in the Gold one does it say its included.
The year that Mcc will be complete less then 60 achievements to go.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 24 August 17 at 05:09, Edited on 24 August 17 at 05:10 by
Chief0fZombies said:
Can anyone confirm that ESO for $9.90 does indeed have the 5 DLCs. When i look at it in the xbox store it says nothing about them being included in the $9.90 one only in the Gold one does it say its included.
It does not, and the Gold edition does not include Shadows of the Hist, nor does Morrowind include the base game.

This article is completely wrong.
HEATH 10
HEATH 10
Posted on 24 August 17 at 15:27
Prey 50% offer sounds good...
40 ounces to freedom.
HEATH 10
HEATH 10
Posted on 24 August 17 at 15:27
HEATH 10 said:
Prey 50% off sounds good...
40 ounces to freedom.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 24 August 17 at 16:14
HEATH 10 said:
HEATH 10 said:
Prey 50% off sounds good...
Did you just quote yourself?
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Simm
Simm
Posted on 24 August 17 at 18:22
I bought a month of EA access for $5 just for titanfall 2..completed it in a couple days and then cancelled my EA access because there's nothing else I want in the vault. They refunded my month which I wasn't expecting so basically I played TF2 for free.
Anubseth
Anubseth
Posted on 25 August 17 at 16:58
zr122 said:
So, Batman. I've heard a lot of negative reviews for Arkham Knight, but $25 for the whole deal seems pretty good. I've played the other 3 and enjoyed them. Any thoughts?
In my humble opinion this is the best Batman game yet.
- Gotham is at its best and the graphics are top-notch.
- Batman flight is at its best in here. It's so satisfying to fly from place to place that the batmobile can be relegated to second plan.
- The combat is as good as in the other games and feels more responsive.
- The Story is not that great, it has a beginning, middle and end (and for the true ending you need the 100% completion). The revelation of the villain's identity, although really easy to know from a certain point in the game, was one of the controversies (pure lies to be honest) of the game. If you are getting the game now you probably don't know what it's about and shouldn't look for it.
- The Batmobile is another choking point for many. I agree it's overused, but how good it feels to actually master it. The car controls are great too.
- Side quests are plentiful and while some may be short they all offer different gameplays, which is very much welcome.
- There are 4 types of DLCs in the complete edition: car tracks, character combat/stealth packs (+maps), short stories packs and a new side quests pack. The first 2 are straight forward. The side stories are short. Nice but short. The side quests are the best addition to the game. They offer a different gameplay and make good use of the mechanics to add new villains.
- Achievement-wise the game is quite long as it requires a 100% New Game + plus the DLC ones. Most of the combat and race DLC achievements are easy to get (looking at you Arkham City) but there are 2/3 exceptionally time-consuming ones that will require complete mastery of the combat flow system.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 27 August 17 at 03:31
^Agree with all except achievements. The only reason I don't agree with the achievements comment is because I don't much care to "grind" games like these, so it's a pointless disagreement depending on your perspective.

To the sales...

I've been considering The Evil Within bundle & Need For Speed bundle since Tuesday - I suppose since I keep considering them that must mean I could use them? Haha
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
UA Ridge Reaper
Posted on 28 August 17 at 07:27
Got another day, debating whether or not to snag The Evil Within for that price.
Prattalmighty
Prattalmighty
Posted on 29 August 17 at 00:31
It's been a while since I've looked at one of these updates, but I'd just like to say I'm really liking how things are laid out now. Good work TA team
Follow me on LIVE & Twitter! LIVE: prattalmighty Twitter : @pratt_jwa
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.