Game Discussion: Agents of Mayhem Forum

So these shards...

AuthorMessage
TheCrookedManMD
Posted on 22 August 17 at 05:28
As far as I know there is no way to mark free floating shards in the city for pickup. There is an agency upgrade that allows scans to mark shards, however this does not work well for shards off ground level. Has anyone created a map overlay graphic showing shard locations they might be willing to share? If not, I suspect this achievement will be a major POS.
"Only when you allow someone else to define your success do you truly experience failure."
JieXY
JieXY
Posted on 22 August 17 at 15:54, Edited on 22 August 17 at 15:55 by JieXY
You are right. That's all the help we can get from the game to hunt down the shards, plus the scan range increase upgrade.

I have no idea why in a modern-day game like this, there's no way to show collectibles on map. Alternatively, the developer could have shown collectible progress separated by the 5 general areas of Seoul.

Exploration in this game is actually not too bad, but it can get boring and frustrating without some sort of tools to keep us updated.
Trevis
Trevis
Posted on 23 August 17 at 03:38
Guide coming soon, stay tuned. Check out my youtube channel for updates.
-Papa Smurf
I AM CULLY
I AM CULLY
Posted on 23 August 17 at 06:03
Definitely interested in a video guide for this.
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 23 August 17 at 12:00
They may actually be randomly generated.

I was exploring with Daisy (I could rollerskate around Seoul for hours) and had just hopped out the car to pick up a chest, then went inside, explored the inside a bit, ran out... and found that another chest had "spawned".... which I opened, and my original chest had "re-spawned".

Went around again, and a new chest spawned in a slightly different location.

These are chests, not Crystals but there's no reason to suspect some of the Shards won't act this way.

Also some of the upgrades increase your random loot drops to be rare items like skins and (possibly) shards.
JieXY
JieXY
Posted on 23 August 17 at 17:03
Chests are randomly spawned for sure, but I don't think we can say the same for shards.
odiedodie
odiedodie
Posted on 03 September 17 at 21:45
Yeah I don't mind a collectathon, but with no ingame map? GTFO

The only cheevo I won't get :(
www.peoww.co.uk - Do you see?
Current Future
Posted on 03 September 17 at 23:28
odiedodie said:
Yeah I don't mind a collectathon, but with no ingame map? GTFO

The only cheevo I won't get :(
There is an in-game map. Hit the cn_back when in the city, then cn_down for City Map. However the map IMO sucks because there's no ability to add a waypoint. Don't get me started on this game not having a compass...
Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
JieXY
JieXY
Posted on 03 September 17 at 23:44
The idea of not having a minimap or a compass boggles my mind. Luckily, we have some avid players who have contributed awesome guides on how to collect every shard.
CraigyB78
CraigyB78
Posted on 05 February 18 at 12:27
Once you get down to the last few they should show them automatically, been hunting for my last shard for ages now angry
N18p73pwn3r
N18p73pwn3r
Posted on 28 March 18 at 21:16
i am feeling like captain ovbvious, but is it just me that the shards are showing up on the map when i am close to them? you even can set waypoints on them which show you exactly at which level they are..
So i don´t get all the frustration here on finding them, it is just a drag to collect them all since you will need to do a lot of climbing..
fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
JieXY
JieXY
Posted on 28 March 18 at 21:59
N18p73pwn3r said:
i am feeling like captain ovbvious, but is it just me that the shards are showing up on the map when i am close to them? you even can set waypoints on them which show you exactly at which level they are..
So i don´t get all the frustration here on finding them, it is just a drag to collect them all since you will need to do a lot of climbing..
These features were not in the initial launch version.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 28 March 18 at 22:46
JieXY said:
N18p73pwn3r said:
Yeh they were, you just need to buy the upgrade in the Ark.
Game Info Assistant Manager
JieXY
JieXY
Posted on 29 March 18 at 03:02
ChinDocta said:
JieXY said:
N18p73pwn3r said:
Yeh they were, you just need to buy the upgrade in the Ark.
Yes, the ability itself was there. However,

1) They didn't show on your map when you were close.
2) The distance between you and the shard was calculated in 3D, meaning if the shard was high up in the air, you had to be relatively close to it in height to make it appear using your detection skill.
N18p73pwn3r
N18p73pwn3r
Posted on 30 March 18 at 03:21
allright, that makes sense :)
at least an improvement there in the way the collectibles are aquired, so cudos to the publishers (doesn´t change my bad impression of the game sadly)
fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
MustangNights
MustangNights
Posted on 02 January 19 at 17:00
These shards are annoying compared to the Saints Row series. Yes if you buy the ark upgrade and are close you can see them on the map and mark when you're going through Seoul, but figuring out how to get some of them is ridiculous not to mention traveling all over the map in Hope's of getting close to the last few needed.

At least in Saints you had flying vehicles!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.