Game Discussion: ReCore

I finished the DLC Story, but cannot find the 4 non-story dungeons

• Posted on 30 August 17 at 01:52
    Any help? I'm missing:
    Needle Nest
    Blast Canyon
    Devil's Dance
    Stockpile Surge

Also, if ya have any tips on hardware pick-ups please let me know, I am at 96% in Starving Sea (& somehow still stuck at 98% on Exclusion Zoner - Shifting Sands).
    Alladaskill17
  • FlaymexFlaymex235,587
    Posted on 30 August 17 at 02:17
    Hey!

To access the four non-story dungeons, you need to go to the Shifting Sands (I recommend the middle-northerly waypoint). Once here you will learn of the new sandstorm mechanic. If you wait around for about 5 minutes, a sandstorm will come. At this point, fast travel to another region, and then back to the Shifting Sands.

The landscape of the middle and western desert areas will now have changed. The 4 dungeons are in the middle and eastern desert areas, easily discoverable at after short amount of exploration!

HUNDREDS of new hardware pickups are also available, meaning that you should be able to get the Exclusion Zoner achievement a lot more easily than I did back when I played the base game!

With regards to the Starving Sea Surveyor, check in the ring shape building that act as a tunnel in the middle of the map - there are several offshoots and hidden crevices. This is where I found my last 3%!
  • Posted on 30 August 17 at 02:23
    Hey!

Thanks for the reply! I will check out Shifting Sands. Do the dungeons appear on the map?

I am so excited about those hardware pick ups, loading in now!

I found the spots in the tunnel just moments ago, I went from 96% to 99% :) I believe there were 3 off shoots (maybe only two had pickups?) I am 1% and now genuinely clueless, I found a few in the rocks to the South of Starving Sea.. if you think of any other place please write back.
    Alladaskill17
  • Posted on 30 August 17 at 03:03
    So for anyone interested.. I was at 98% (& he is right, there is A LOT of pickups) but I got the Exclusion Zoner achievement in the middle of the loading screen...?

Doing the first dungeon now! woohoo.

Then to the elusive 1% in Starving Sea..??
    Alladaskill17
  • TheRancidDogTheRancidDog952,941
    Posted on 30 August 17 at 03:05
    I have 20/21 Supply Caches in the Starving Sea, and 97% pickups. I noticed that they tend to be closer to the dungeons and entrance, and nearby caches. If I can figure out where the last cache is, the last few pickups might be there too.
  • OnsidicOnsidic1,415,494
    Posted on 30 August 17 at 14:40
    Yeah the long tunnel, quarter circle around the middle arena area that you arrive in, when you jump over take a left to the start of the tunnel. There are some on the side of the entrance, then there is a part that you can go down into on the left side as you make your way through side... then there are up high platforms on either side you can jump over for collectables.
    I found those and was at 99%, only piece i had missed was by a race track, spikey dome with a loot chest (had to go around the back and drop down for 1 piece. Achievement unlocked.
    Still missing 1 health collectable.
  • Posted on 31 August 17 at 03:25
    So i have done all of the above but i am just having trouble finding the last health booster in starving sea does anybody have them mapped out yet?
  • ViiziionnViiziionn875,544
    Posted on 31 August 17 at 18:22, Edited on 31 August 17 at 23:52 by Viiziionn
    I cannot get the storm to happen for me.
    Edit: it started after about 35 40 minutes of idling in shifting sands.
  • hudd2000hudd2000945,173
    Posted on 31 August 17 at 20:53
    3 pickups that might be missed are southeast of the Well of Shadows. Go through the tunnel that's next to the dungeon and you'll come out where you'll be shot with artillery. The pickups are east of the exit.
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,163,700
    Posted on 03 September 17 at 07:29
    Flaymex said:
    Hey!

To access the four non-story dungeons, you need to go to the Shifting Sands (I recommend the middle-northerly waypoint). Once here you will learn of the new sandstorm mechanic. If you wait around for about 5 minutes, a sandstorm will come. At this point, fast travel to another region, and then back to the Shifting Sands.

The landscape of the middle and western desert areas will now have changed. The 4 dungeons are in the middle and eastern desert areas, easily discoverable at after short amount of exploration!

HUNDREDS of new hardware pickups are also available, meaning that you should be able to get the Exclusion Zoner achievement a lot more easily than I did back when I played the base game!

With regards to the Starving Sea Surveyor, check in the ring shape building that act as a tunnel in the middle of the map - there are several offshoots and hidden crevices. This is where I found my last 3%!
    I still haven't started the dlc, and missing Exclusion Zoner from before.
    What do you mean by "hundreds of new hardware pickups"? Did they got added with the dlc BESIDES those we had in Shifting Sands before? Or do the new location pickups count for both achievements? Thanks.
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,222,979
    Posted on 03 September 17 at 19:18
    I don't know about the other areas, but they added a ton of new hardware pickup when the map gets a storm in Shifting Sands, mostly around/near the 4 new dungeons.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • tornprince2012tornprince20121,163,700
    Posted on 03 September 17 at 19:38
    GoyetteQC said:
    I don't know about the other areas, but they added a ton of new hardware pickup when the map gets a storm in Shifting Sands, mostly around/near the 4 new dungeons.
    But those pickups related to another achievement, aren't they?
    Posted on 03 September 17 at 20:04
    No, they're just bonus. There are new hardware pickups for the new area and an achievement tied to them, but it's a totally different area.
    [Insert signature here.]
    Posted on 03 September 17 at 21:38, Edited on 03 September 17 at 21:38 by GoyetteQC
    While we're at it, they also added a couple more prismatic cores in the "reshuffled" Shifting Sands area, making it easier to get this bad boy here :
    ReCorePrismatic PerfectionThe Prismatic Perfection achievement in ReCore worth 55 pointsFind 80 Prismatic Cores
    [Insert signature here.]
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,181,085
    Posted on 04 September 17 at 01:57
    Onsidic said:
    Yeah the long tunnel, quarter circle around the middle arena area that you arrive in, when you jump over take a left to the start of the tunnel. There are some on the side of the entrance, then there is a part that you can go down into on the left side as you make your way through side... then there are up high platforms on either side you can jump over for collectables.
    I found those and was at 99%, only piece i had missed was by a race track, spikey dome with a loot chest (had to go around the back and drop down for 1 piece. Achievement unlocked.
    Still missing 1 health collectable.
    In regards to the last pickup, can u clarify where you found yours a little better? Which dungeon was it near? I'm at 99%, found 3 pickups and still at 99% angry
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,181,085
    Posted on 04 September 17 at 01:59
    Viiziionn said:
    I cannot get the storm to happen for me.
    Edit: it started after about 35 40 minutes of idling in shifting sands.
    That's pretty stupid. I can understand for players new to the game, but for existing players like myself where I had completed the "original" game 100%, I now have to wait an undefined amount of time for this to trigger? Thought the game would get better after a year...
  • xNSHDxNSHD1,846,965
    Posted on 04 September 17 at 14:28
    this may be a stupid question but how on earth do i even get to the new area starving sea. i have the new core bot TN8K but i dont see anyway to get to to new area starving sea. any help would be great.
  • Dale BaldwinDale Baldwin3,481,405
    Posted on 04 September 17 at 18:45
    You have to go via the northwest of The Cradle, as you now have a bot that can safely travel on the quicksand. I had an orange quest marker show up at some point to guide me there.
  • xNSHDxNSHD1,846,965
    Posted on 05 September 17 at 13:45
    thanks ill give that a try next time im on the game
  • JPundergroundJPunderground1,605,559
    Posted on 10 October 17 at 08:01
    Flaymex said:
    Hey!

Thanks for the Starving Sea Surveyor tip about the tunnel! It helped me finish up all the hardware.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads