AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 30 August 17 at 22:30
A solid starter but no superstar

Please click here to read the story: Madden NFL 18 Review
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 30 August 17 at 22:45
I love you guys but 3.5/5? Got to be having a laugh. 4/5 at least, i'd rather it 4.5/5. Longshot is much better than FIFA's counterpart, MUT has had some decent changes, the frostbite engine makes everything look so much better, and I totally disagree with stuffy movement. As a fan of tons of sports, Madden is the best sports sim out there imo (alongside NBA 2K, ignoring achievements)
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 30 August 17 at 23:56
I'm sorry I can't get on board. I've seen players go up in the air like rag dolls calling injuries before they got the ground 100 yard punts it's just more of the same mess. It does NOT award the knowledable NFL fan. Long shot could have easily been axed to fix gameplay.
LORDOFDOOKIE69
Posted on 31 August 17 at 01:15
Same bugs and issues with the physics engine since it launched on Madden 13. Franchise still feels empty. In the end the game is great if you enjoy the pay to win MUT mode or if you love abusing the same work arounds in the online versus mode that have existed for a decade.

4/5 for looks and presentation before games. I like that its skippable but its cool to have it for those who want that authentic feeling.
2/5 for gameplay. I simply can't look past the fact that they have the same problems from the last 5 releases.

Don't expect quality gameplay until the NFL allows competition to arise. But even then EA has shown with NBA Live that they don't care to improve their titles.
HUstlinonradio
Posted on 31 August 17 at 02:27
sanityends said:
I'm sorry I can't get on board. I've seen players go up in the air like rag dolls calling injuries before they got the ground 100 yard punts it's just more of the same mess. It does NOT award the knowledable NFL fan. Long shot could have easily been axed to fix gameplay.
Sports story modes are the future because it gets review sites who could absolutely care less about the gameplay (because to be quite honest, there is a snobbish elitism when it comes to treatment of sports games as truthfully stated by the reviewer here) to have interest in the game itself which is why Longshot has such shallow aspects of an actual game compared to every other mode: because it gets the persons who are the most shallow when it comes to sports gaming.
I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 31 August 17 at 03:03
oh yea like if Madden gets any sports awards this year it's completely unjustified.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 August 17 at 03:18
sanityends said:
oh yea like if Madden gets any sports awards this year it's completely unjustified.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm but it's too early to say that anyways. NBA, FIFA, and NHL are all unreleased, not to mention outlets that group racing with sports. Forza or another could take that if so.
LORDOFDOOKIE69
Posted on 31 August 17 at 16:10
I mean how hard should it be winning awards when you make 80% of sports games? lol. They compete against themselves except for basketball.
Boots Orion
Boots Orion
Posted on 31 August 17 at 20:53
I'm not part of the video game review cognoscenti, so this review lost me midway.
Gloss666
Gloss666
Posted on 01 September 17 at 12:07
LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
Same bugs and issues with the physics engine since it launched on Madden 13. Franchise still feels empty. In the end the game is great if you enjoy the pay to win MUT mode or if you love abusing the same work arounds in the online versus mode that have existed for a decade.

4/5 for looks and presentation before games. I like that its skippable but its cool to have it for those who want that authentic feeling.
2/5 for gameplay. I simply can't look past the fact that they have the same problems from the last 5 releases.

Don't expect quality gameplay until the NFL allows competition to arise. But even then EA has shown with NBA Live that they don't care to improve their titles.
I havent played a madden game since 13 due to the nonsense with the physics engine, and i was thinking of going back this year after the 5 year break, but the same problems are all there thanks for letting me know. I think i will be keeping my 50 quid thank you very much EA
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.