Game Discussion: Minecraft (iOS) Forum

Import game files

AuthorMessage
No Dice x 302
No Dice x 302
Posted on 30 August 17 at 23:00
hello all

I'm trying to import all of the drop box games from the walk through to my IPhone. I have a windows 10 PC and go to iTunes/file share to drag and drop the unzip files to account.

They are not showing up in my worlds. Any tips?
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 03 September 17 at 16:36
I have macOS Sierra. I may be boned until the Better Together update.
King Kong is *The Room* of video games.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 03 September 17 at 23:59
You can't just drag and drop the world folders into the app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD-YKcw0H0o

He's a bit over the top but he explains what to do easy enough.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 04 September 17 at 05:40
He doesn't explain where to put the files. I put them in the same place where the world was downloaded to. However it never shows up in my worlds.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 04 September 17 at 08:15, Edited on 04 September 17 at 08:15 by ChinDocta
He absolutely does. games ----> com.mojang -----> minecraftWorlds (put them in here).

You then move the games folder back into the minecraft app via iTunes.

Best pay more attention next time lest you look like a fool.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 04 September 17 at 14:47
Don't be a snide prick. I've done everything he's said to do and it still does not work.
cam13maca
cam13maca
Posted on 08 September 17 at 02:46
An easier way to get almost all of the achievements is to go to mcpedl.com on your phone. Just search "achievement" in worlds and download it. You can then open it up directly in MCPE.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 08 September 17 at 07:30, Edited on 08 September 17 at 07:31 by ChinDocta
Epilepsy Sucks said:
Don't be a snide prick. I've done everything he's said to do and it still does not work.
Well you're doing it wrong then, I've done it on both my Mac and Windows PC exactly as he has said, to great success.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 18 September 17 at 18:49
cam13maca said:
An easier way to get almost all of the achievements is to go to mcpedl.com on your phone. Just search "achievement" in worlds and download it. You can then open it up directly in MCPE.
Thanks! Worked well. Only problem is that the only map I found that was strictly an achievement world I couldn't earn some of them.

Didn't have: Let it Go!
Treasure Hunter

Also didn't really have a way to re-spawn the Ender Dragon. Oh well lol.
WinterVision
WinterVision
Posted on 09 January 18 at 19:29
cam13maca said:
Thank you! This worked for me too when the other method wasn't.
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 21 September 18 at 14:43, Edited on 21 September 18 at 15:47 by CLARION 85
i have the same problem it doesnt work...with i tunes i can only open folders but not add.

i copy the games folder to pc, open it and go to minecraft worlds input here the worlds from the Walkthrough and in i tunes add this folder to the original but i cant add it i can only open it no options to add

EDIT: ok im an idiot...all i have to do is drag and drop the folder games where the worlds are in, into i tunes and a pop up shows up if you want to replace it, YES and done...
Moat Carp
Moat Carp
Posted on 03 November 18 at 02:28, Edited on 03 November 18 at 02:29 by Moat Carp
Found that a handful of my downloads were in extra folders so they weren't reading correctly whenever I tried to export them to my device.

So it was like: MCPE_The Haggler > MCPE_The Haggler > (nuts and bolts files).

Moved the contents out of the root directory and it seemed to export without any issues.

So just this MCPE_The Haggler > (nuts and bolts files).

Hope this helps anyone who has similar problems.
PhillipWendell
Posted on 03 August 19 at 14:42
CLARION 85 said:
i have the same problem it doesnt work...with i tunes i can only open folders but not add.

i copy the games folder to pc, open it and go to minecraft worlds input here the worlds from the Walkthrough and in i tunes add this folder to the original but i cant add it i can only open it no options to add

EDIT: ok im an idiot...all i have to do is drag and drop the folder games where the worlds are in, into i tunes and a pop up shows up if you want to replace it, YES and done...
You're not an idiot. The "Add" feature has apparently changed in iTunes since the video was created and you are only able to select a file, not a whole folder, to add back. At least this was the case on my Windows 10 machine. Your tip of dragging and dropping the games folder back into iTunes did the trick for me. And thanks to ChinDocta for the original video.
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 03 August 19 at 23:41, Edited on 03 August 19 at 23:42 by YoDz
Another way is to download chrome browser for iPhone. Find the world you want. Download it then select copy to Minecraft. Your game will load up and the world will be imported. Easiest way I’ve found so far
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.