Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Game Comp. Ranking (i.e. 1st gamer to complete the game) table / trophy case

AuthorMessage
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 03 September 17 at 22:26
I searched and don't seem to see this idea already (I could be wrong).

In the last year, I've started to complete a few games here and there largely before the TA community. It makes me very proud when I see "is the second to complete the game" in my feed. Is it possible to have a field added to My games that has a sortable category for our ranking of when we completed the game (i.e. 2,356th). I know we can currently click on the game and then see the leaderboard individually. Also what about an ability to add my most proud of completion rankings to a side homepage trophy case (like you could add 5 to it).
nuttywray
nuttywray
Posted on 06 September 17 at 10:03, Edited on 06 September 17 at 10:04 by nuttywray
I was thinking of this recently as well. Genius idea! +1

Even if you can have a tab when you browse your games (or collection) you can see what ranked you completed it would be good as well.
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 06 September 17 at 12:56
Great minds and all that! Have an idea what your trophy case would be filled with! laugh
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 15 September 17 at 19:33
Agree with this. I have a similar thing in my bio.

You could even add filters like which percentage of gamer where you that completed it... that sounds poorly described... umm..

Like, you were 100th out of 1000 people who completed the game, so top 10% completion.

Does that make sense?
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 16 September 17 at 12:16
Yeah I like that idea too, like add a line similar to how they do on the achievements stats page at the bottom with percentiles and such "if all achievements were worth 10 points..." (on that part) instead it would be like "you finished this game in the top 5% of all people" and that would only increase as more people completed it.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 03 October 17 at 14:48, Edited on 03 October 17 at 14:50 by napoearth
Great idea, now all of the people with early access for one reason of the other can pat themselves on the back for beating a bunch of people who are handicapped by having to wait until release.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:07
Here we go again.

There's very few content producers, that have time to dive into a game to get all the achievements fast. It can happen, yes. But please, don't use this as an argument.

It could be dealt with - do we agree that just locking out people who have played the game before release would be a little unfair? Thank you.

Maybe players that start a game before release time could have their time set by when they get their first achievement? It puts the player a little ahead, yes, on how much, depending on the game and how much gametime there is before popping the first one. But it's better than the current solution/situation.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:13
I don't think there should be a punishment for people with early access. I appreciate reviews, and solutions that come out quick. At the same time there doesn't need to be special recognition for finishing a game first for people that get it weeks before the rest of the community. Also not all people with early access are content producers.

Pretty much every game that I have taken the plunge and actually gotten on release, there were already anywhere from a dozen to a hundred gamers that had already started the game before I could ever boot it up. This makes it pointless to even consider attempting to complete it first.

I don't think there should be a punishment for these people, just any leaderboard or badge for speed is pointless when you take into account the considerable advantage they have.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:16
By the way

Top completions by finish order on sidebar (mockup included)
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 10 October 17 at 14:16
Check out Shadow of War. Released today. One gamer has completed it and did so yesterday. There are zero guides written for it yet.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 10 October 17 at 15:35
napoearth said:
Check out Shadow of War. Released today. One gamer has completed it and did so yesterday. There are zero guides written for it yet.
He started it a week early. Mine came Saturday but like a lot of people, we hesitated and waited on the achievements to go live.
nuttywray
nuttywray
Posted on 10 October 17 at 18:43
napoearth said:
why wait for guides to complete a game? you never get 1st.
Surely people who figure it out themselves should be rewarded.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 10 October 17 at 20:18
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:
Game is pretty obvious. Collectables appear on the map. He just had it a week earlier than everyone else.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 11 October 17 at 21:38, Edited on 11 October 17 at 21:43 by napoearth
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:
Read the whole thread. I don't need the guides, I was told not to complain about people with early access because they are the content producers, I was simply showing an example where that is not the case.

P.S. I just checked and there are now a bunch of guides up and still zero from the guy that completed it.
nuttywray
nuttywray
Posted on 12 October 17 at 00:34, Edited on 12 October 17 at 00:34 by nuttywray
napoearth said:
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:
Read the whole thread. I don't need the guides, I was told not to complain about people with early access because they are the content producers, I was simply showing an example where that is not the case.

P.S. I just checked and there are now a bunch of guides up and still zero from the guy that completed it.
Some people get copies early and want to smash through the game asap! it happens, can never be stopped.

Also not everyone loves to write guides.

What the big issue with someone trying to be a first person to complete a game and wishing to show it off?
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 12 October 17 at 03:57
napoearth said:
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:

He might be a developer, a friend of a developer, got a code he shouldnt have, or produce something off TA.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 12 October 17 at 04:24
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:
nuttywray said:
napoearth said:

Some people get copies early and want to smash through the game asap! it happens, can never be stopped.

Also not everyone loves to write guides.

What the big issue with someone trying to be a first person to complete a game and wishing to show it off?
I really don't care that much, just pointing out that it'll just be a circle jerk of all the people with early access. If they want to brag about winning races they had head starts in they can knock themselves out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.