XP multiplier gone?

AuthorMessage
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 27 December 17 at 16:14
We're grinding Horde. Feel free to join the Club and join in
AceMcCloud
AceMcCloud
Posted on 08 January 18 at 09:41
Any more news on the multiplier? Is it stable now?
AceMcCloud
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 08 January 18 at 10:25
It can still be hit and miss. Switch up the host if doing it in a group to get it going.
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 13 January 18 at 12:08
I know a way to get the multiplier 100% of the time. You got to quit the game, eject the disc and hard reset your Xbox. Hold the power button until it goes off then unplug from the mains for a few minutes.
TheAaronLad
TheAaronLad
Posted on 18 January 18 at 07:30
Hanx said:
I know a way to get the multiplier 100% of the time. You got to quit the game, eject the disc and hard reset your Xbox. Hold the power button until it goes off then unplug from the mains for a few minutes.
So essentially what I said but unplugging isn't needed and neither is ejecting just a hard reset.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 January 18 at 09:09
TheAaronLad said:
Hanx said:
So essentially what I said but unplugging isn't needed and neither is ejecting just a hard reset.
I encountered the exp bug yesterday and we all reset our consoles. Only one of us had the exp working and the only thing that EVER worked for me consistently was switching hosts.
HaxAras
NeM2K
Posted on 18 January 18 at 21:19
TheAaronLad said:
Hanx said:
I have found Hanx's method more reliable, but not 100%. Hard resets usually don't fix it when I play solo, but the eject/power off seem to make a difference somehow. Might just be luck
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 19 January 18 at 13:44
Have tried it a few times and yeah I was wrong, it doesn't work 100%. Bit off the mark there. It works sometimes but not always. Quitting the game and rebooting and checking to see if the achievements in the War Journal have 27 pages is a good indication that it might work, but even that doesn't guarantee it.
AceMcCloud
AceMcCloud
Posted on 31 January 18 at 13:44, Edited on 13 February 18 at 15:25 by AceMcCloud
I'm on Xbox One and normally takes a few restarts of the game to get the War Journal on 27 pages with previous unlocked achievements visible again. Originally when I've checked I hadn't got the multiplier, only when I joined others, which was discouraging.

The "Host" gamer is the Host of the Horde match, they're the one who needs the Multiplier then everyone gets it, so it must need to be told by the GOW2 server the level of XP multiplier presumably, quite why that seems hit and miss I'm not sure, would love to know.

I seem to have a little better luck with getting the multiplier to work these days, sometimes it works first time, other times it seems to take a second or third attempt, the only difference is I'm now a higher rank than I used to be of course.
AceMcCloud
TheAaronLad
TheAaronLad
Posted on 07 April 18 at 15:47
Anyone else not getting the multiplier at all? Only now got around to playing it again and it's just refusing to work. Tried literally every method, my cloud save isn't syncing though which might be the issue.
NitrousSpeed
NitrousSpeed
Posted on 22 December 18 at 03:57
My friend & I tried to play Horde just now & it seems like it's not working. We have tried all methods & nothing is working to get the 44x to work. So unless were doing something wrong we have to wait to see if Coalition will fix the issue with the 44x XP on Horde & online.
llDurbinll
llDurbinll
Posted on 26 December 18 at 17:03
Having the same issue.
YODA12320
YODA12320
Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:05
Ya I doubt they'll ever fix it.. lol which really pisses me off tbh..
Regards;Yoda12320
II RENEGADE II
Posted on 05 February 19 at 21:29
Still having no luck with my group as well. I tweeted @CoalitionGears @OctusTC @GearsofWar today, but not hopeful it will be even looked at. If anyone gets the XP multiplier working, please PM me!
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 10 March 19 at 23:44
XP multiplier is working today
PC JorgeArmando
Posted on 11 March 19 at 02:19
Yes, is working
Living Legends
Posted on 11 March 19 at 03:19
I think this has more to do with the fix that involved TrueSkill in other games. once those were fixed, these were as well. The first gears was also affected
BurglaaR
BurglaaR
Posted on 21 May 19 at 08:15
I decided to play this game on my new account and apparently you only get 250xp per game and that is if you win. Losing gets you 0. This will be impossible for me to get 100 before Gears 5 releases. Why wouldn’t they just keep that massive multiplier? The games dead and a decade old
TheAaronLad
TheAaronLad
Posted on 03 July 19 at 03:45
if anyone sees this can you PM me if it's working again or not? been meaning to get back to this and finally found the motivation to do my last 10 hours of it.
HaZheR Mx
HaZheR Mx
Posted on 07 July 19 at 05:31
Greetings for now the multiplier x44 continues to work
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.