MegsonGrove
MegsonGrove
Posted on 10 September 17 at 07:32
A visual novel with quite a tale to tell

Please click here to read the story: Echoes of the Fey: The Fox's Trail Review
Ariose999
Ariose999
Posted on 10 September 17 at 08:09
Really like visual novels and just finished The Pillars of Earth. Again such a shame that on many occurrences games only release in the American region and not Europe...
Mr Abductor
Mr Abductor
Posted on 10 September 17 at 12:30
Ariose999 said:
Really like visual novels and just finished The Pillars of Earth. Again such a shame that on many occurrences games only release in the American region and not Europe...
Jdobem
Jdobem
Posted on 10 September 17 at 14:02
@megan, can you please ask them if there's delays or no plans to release outisde US ?
J
MegsonGrove
MegsonGrove
Posted on 10 September 17 at 14:30
Jdobem said:
@megan, can you please ask them if there's delays or no plans to release outisde US ?
Looks like it's only America unfortunately!

https://twitter.com/WoodsyStudio/status/904127132250628096
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 10 September 17 at 14:37
Jdobem said:
@jdobem
hi, i spoke last week with woodsy studios and can confirm they have no plans to release outside of USA.
i know we can change region buy $points and buy that way, but prefer uk release and if possible on disc.
maybe if enough ask they will issue UK/EU release

here's the actual response

hi steve, right now, we're only planning NA releases for the console version but we're available on pc/steam in other regions.
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 10 September 17 at 17:50, Edited on 10 September 17 at 17:50 by True Marvellous
Its PEGI why alot of games dont reach us the fees they charge are ridicules (can run into thosands of $) compared to ESRB who I believe have no charge for digital only release.

As for the game like the review says the story is pretty decent here and that should be the main factor with a visual novel. The graphics are what you would expect from a VN which uses the japanese template and sure the travling between sceens visualls are rubbish so the 2.5 rating I feel is a bit harsh as like I said its all about the story with these games.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews & regular monthly giveaways https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
Koding
Koding
Posted on 10 September 17 at 21:11
...herself has a carefree attitude which sees her sleeping with people..., getting drunk and fighting in the streets, which are blatantly unlikeable traits
LOL...sounds like an ex-girlfriend of mine! roll
Jdobem
Jdobem
Posted on 10 September 17 at 22:46, Edited on 10 September 17 at 22:47 by Jdobem
Thanks Megan!

Looks like we're left with the "alternate" method.
Not great!

We can all argue is possible to change region and buy points but its clearly not intended and MS are making it harder by not letting redeem points or buy the game without the use of a VPN or other shenanigans...

And there's no way out of switching region on the actual console to download the game since it wont appear on the list of ready to install. I wonder if they'll start limiting the number of changes per year like they do with home console.
J
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 11 September 17 at 16:02
They make a region free console bit sooo many of these digital releases are released in 1 or 2 countries. Why can't I buy with my credit card/ms account money? You can do it on WP. Change my country and then have to buy that country's Ms points and have an address its abit dumb. I just won't bother It's such a pain in the arse to do every other week. Could they not of made it abit simpler?
Goldnfoxx
Goldnfoxx
Posted on 16 September 17 at 00:16
is that... a golden... fox... ?
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 17 September 17 at 16:21
It's terrible. Just poor. Bleh.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.