Game Discussion: XCOM 2 Forum

New DLC has appeared for XCOM 2

AuthorMessage
Posted on 11 September 17 at 23:01
The new DLC pack War of the Chosen for XCOM 2 has 10 Achievements worth 170 Gamerscore
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 26 September 17 at 10:54
Would have loved some more achievements but a pretty good list.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 26 September 17 at 11:42
yeah the $ to GS ratio is pretty low, lol
Should atleast have been 500 GS

But rather lots of good content, and few achievements, than the other way around
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 28 September 17 at 14:05
TheMaize said:

But rather lots of good content, and few achievements, than the other way around
Couldn't agree more.

Looking forward to doing an Ironman run after I've bagged all the achievements.
Mayhem64
Mayhem64
Posted on 30 September 17 at 18:34
Apparently if the game (with WotC DLC added) crashes during an Ironman run it can delete your save, so people are holding off on that currently!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 01 October 17 at 05:18
Mayhem64 said:
Apparently if the game (with WotC DLC added) crashes during an Ironman run it can delete your save, so people are holding off on that currently!
Yeah, that happened to me. In its current state, WotC can crash while auto-saving. It rarely happens during the early game, but gets more frequent the deeper you go (just like the Geoscape crashes in vanilla XCOM 2). There will be times when you have to disable auto-save for a while in order to proceed with the campgain. Unfortunately, when - not if, but when - this happens during Ironman, your save gets deleted and your game is over.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 03 October 17 at 11:34
Lt Davo said:
Mayhem64 said:
Yeah, that happened to me. In its current state, WotC can crash while auto-saving. It rarely happens during the early game, but gets more frequent the deeper you go (just like the Geoscape crashes in vanilla XCOM 2). There will be times when you have to disable auto-save for a while in order to proceed with the campgain. Unfortunately, when - not if, but when - this happens during Ironman, your save gets deleted and your game is over.
Maybe if that happens, you could quickly disconnect your internet, delete your local save and then re-download your cloud save. The game has massive slowdown the further the game goes on. Every time I've finished there has always been at least 1 glitch on the final mission.

I would recommend regular full restarts of the console too. Not ideal but it helps.
TheNickOfTime
TheNickOfTime
Posted on 04 October 17 at 19:13
TheMaize said:

I'm waiting for the DLC to move down to $25-30 before grabbing it.
Really looking forward to seeing how the fatigue system will affect normal gameplay decisions.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.