Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Can't remove a game from my collection from the game's page

AuthorMessage
Evil Genie
Evil Genie
Posted on 12 September 17 at 05:45
I have several games that I've added to my collection that I want to remove because I know I'm never going to start them, and I have no earned achievements in them.

Going to the page for the game itself, doesn't give me the option to remove it. It shows "Add to my Game Collection" instead even though it's already a part of my collection.

However, I can successfully remove them by using the edit button in the list view from the game collection itself.
Jblacq
Jblacq
Posted on 12 September 17 at 10:28
How are you "going to the game?" I ask because I've seen some people had a problem where they added the wrong version of a game. Like, they had the regular game and added the GOTY version.

Easiest way is to click the game link directly from the collection.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 September 17 at 10:31, Edited on 12 September 17 at 10:52 by Legohead 1977
I am getting the same thing, to test it I checked Runbow was in my collection, and it is, then searched for Runbow and on the drop down it still says 'Add to My Collection'

I don't want to remove stuff, but that is usually how I check my collection is up to date, by looking at the dropdown menu.
Legohead 1977
Camello Delgado
Posted on 12 September 17 at 13:56
I go to a game page and the option to Hide From My Games and Session Calendar is not there, anyone else having this problem?
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 12 September 17 at 14:29
Jblacq said:
How are you "going to the game?" I ask because I've seen some people had a problem where they added the wrong version of a game. Like, they had the regular game and added the GOTY version.

Easiest way is to click the game link directly from the collection.
No I saw it too when verifying I had added Hydro Thunder. Thought I hadn't, clicked Add, and when I was still on the game page and it even still had the alert it was added to my collection, the dropdown still said Add, not Remove.
#mentallypudding
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 12 September 17 at 20:15
Yeah, there is something wrong with the dropdown.

Game collection option on under the game pulldown not populating correctly.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 13 September 17 at 13:35, Edited on 13 September 17 at 13:42 by BulletLukey
Till this is fixed, you can do what Evil Genie said:
However, I can successfully remove them by using the edit button in the list view from the game collection itself.
Or remove them from games.aspx. Just search for the game name and click the button on the right.
You've had control of this ship the whole time! Why wouldn't you tell anyone?
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 13 September 17 at 23:53
Seeing this issue as well while I was auditing my collection.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.