Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 13 September 17 at 00:04
30 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Achievement List Revealed
BqCaduceusMD
BqCaduceusMD
Posted on 13 September 17 at 00:10
Hmm, no Low/High Chaos? I can dig it. Frees up my style somewhat.
"Only when you allow someone else to define your success do you truly experience failure."
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 13 September 17 at 00:41, Edited on 13 September 17 at 00:45 by Dresden N7
If I remember correctly, there is no Chaos system in this one. Also, there isn't an achievement for completing the whole game as a pacifist (just one mission). Other than that, the list is very typical of a Dishonored game. Should be fun!
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 13 September 17 at 00:59
looking forward to this. especially without telling me how I should play
I Argonaut I
I Argonaut I
Posted on 13 September 17 at 01:04
Looks like it could be done in one playthrough this time around.
Guidality
Guidality
Posted on 13 September 17 at 01:50
I enjoy playing through twice to experience both styles and how the world changes around you, but I am intrigued by the freedom of playing however I want
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 13 September 17 at 01:53, Edited on 13 September 17 at 01:54 by Fooga
I prefer this list over the originals. One pacifist mission is fine. I play undetected anyway so that doesn't bother me, but at least I'm free on how I get rid of people. wink
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 13 September 17 at 01:57
A single playthrough Dishonored game? Well I'll be.
mr xenon
mr xenon
Posted on 13 September 17 at 04:27
What's is "original game +"? Is that another game or a second play thru?
mr xenon
BqCaduceusMD
BqCaduceusMD
Posted on 13 September 17 at 05:20
mr xenon said:
I would presume this necessitates two playthroughs, but one will all abilities retained. It is likely a shorter game anyway at $30.
"Only when you allow someone else to define your success do you truly experience failure."
CoreScan
CoreScan
Posted on 13 September 17 at 06:03
Looking forward to this game, even though I was rather disappointed with Dishonored 2. Also, the list looks good.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 13 September 17 at 06:32
Dishonored 2 was very nearly GOTY for me last year (beaten only by DOOM and Inside). So I can't wait!!
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 13 September 17 at 12:17, Edited on 13 September 17 at 12:19 by Lurking Lawyer
mr xenon said:
Original Game + apparently allows you to play using at least some of the supernatural powers from Dishonored 2.

Taken from Bethesda's website:

"With new powers, enemies, settings and more, Death of the Outsider is the perfect entry point for those new to the Dishonored series. As a standalone adventure, no previous experience with any Dishonored games or DLC is necessary to jump in and experience the Empire of the Isles for the first time. But for longtime Dishonored fans, Death of the Outsider delivers a significant expansion to the Dishonored gameplay and lore. And with the Original Game Plus (OG+) mode, fans can unleash their full potential for creative chaos by using a selection of signature abilities from Dishonored 2"

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5skR35kMyQWaeiG8y8AEoC/disho...

It's still not completely clear to me though where this requires you to beat the game once before you can play it this way. It seems likely, given the whole spiel about how this DLC is different because Billie has to use tools and weapons because she lacks powers.
mr xenon
mr xenon
Posted on 13 September 17 at 14:20
Oh Cool, this sounds like a great way to reward previous players.
mr xenon
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 14 September 17 at 09:51
Lurking Lawyer said:
mr xenon said:
Original Game + apparently allows you to play using at least some of the supernatural powers from Dishonored 2.

Taken from Bethesda's website:

"With new powers, enemies, settings and more, Death of the Outsider is the perfect entry point for those new to the Dishonored series. As a standalone adventure, no previous experience with any Dishonored games or DLC is necessary to jump in and experience the Empire of the Isles for the first time. But for longtime Dishonored fans, Death of the Outsider delivers a significant expansion to the Dishonored gameplay and lore. And with the Original Game Plus (OG+) mode, fans can unleash their full potential for creative chaos by using a selection of signature abilities from Dishonored 2"

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5skR35kMyQWaeiG8y8AEoC/disho...

It's still not completely clear to me though where this requires you to beat the game once before you can play it this way. It seems likely, given the whole spiel about how this DLC is different because Billie has to use tools and weapons because she lacks powers.
It's irrelevant to me as I have Dishonored 2, but does this mean you have to have played Dishonored 2 and have a save to do OG+?
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 14 September 17 at 12:35
NoHeroes94 said:
It's irrelevant to me as I have Dishonored 2, but does this mean you have to have played Dishonored 2 and have a save to do OG+?
I didn't read it that way. I had assumed it was a case of completing Death of the Outsider once then being able to play it again with certain of Corvo and Emily's powers available.

They've made a big thing about how its a standalone game and doesn't require Dishonored 2, so I wouldn't expect you to need a D2 save to be able to access it.
bjascalmash7
bjascalmash7
Posted on 14 September 17 at 13:27
playing dishonored 2 is fun, but thrice for unlocking achievements -- well it gets bored for me..
odiedodie
odiedodie
Posted on 17 September 17 at 10:18
Dresden N7 said:
If I remember correctly, there is no Chaos system in this one. Also, there isn't an achievement for completing the whole game as a pacifist (just one mission). Other than that, the list is very typical of a Dishonored game. Should be fun!
Just found this out!
The challenge of no powers strath is good but completely goes at odds with the game style.

So glad I can go nuts this time round.
www.peoww.co.uk - Do you see?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.