Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overwatch Developer Update: Play Nice, Play Fair

• kintariskintaris333,760
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,723
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 20:19
    I never like to generalise, but PvP-focused games seem more likely to attract those kind no of gamers over those who play SP...
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • QwanimalQwanimal1,039,516
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 20:19
    One suggestion: maybe don't include loads of achievements in your game that encourage people to play selfishly?
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,174,967
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 20:23
    Just take away the reporting function and let the people cannibalize themselves. It's obviously what they subconsciously want. Clearly the OW community...and NBA 2K, Friday The 13th, Gears Of War, etc....has an appetite for self destruction.
  • Posted on 14 September 17 at 20:40
    The problem is the game needs the report feature to help weed out smurfs, a problem which is HUGE on Xbox thanks to the membership sharing. I've barely touched OW since I bought it on the Anniversary sale because of I'm finding it's very hard to get into when you're unfairly lumped into a game with 4 other people who have 4000 hours as their mains and you're stuck getting pubstomped. It's a sad double-edged sword as those same people abuse the report system when a Mercy misses a Res on them. Very toxic community who get super salty when they meet someone exactly like them but better at the game than them.
  • Posted on 14 September 17 at 21:29
    340,000 accounts have been disciplined?! Geez, that's more than 4 times the people who own it here on TA and similar to the number of total people registered on this site overall.

I've always wondered what percentage of gamers are represented on this site.

I never realized how prevalent cheating is, especially given the potential consequences (gamerscore being reset to zero, account being banned, console bricked, etc).

At least now I feel better about getting my ass handed to me whenever I try playing online.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,309
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 23:35, Edited on 14 September 17 at 23:36 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Asking an online community to be nice? You'd have better luck trying to stop hurricane irma with a broom.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • MichelMichel1,003,584
    Posted on 14 September 17 at 23:57, Edited on 14 September 17 at 23:57 by Michel
    "Mercy, hide and wait till res" (Sure... let me be an useless idiot)

"Mercy, why aren't you healing, you are useless" (You told me to hide didn't you?)

"Mercy, why did you just res 2 people?" (Cause you went to die to the other side of the fucking map)

"Mercy, why did you die if we told you to hide?" (Gee... probably cause the other fucking team is actually doing their job of hunting me down and you don't cover my ass?)

"Mercy, you didn't heal the entire match" (Sure, cause 20k healing average every match is no healing at all)

"Mercy, why aren't you pocketing me" (Maybe cause I am the only fucking healer....)

Can go on and on but you know how this shit is
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,156
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 00:42
    What kind of behavoir is unfair? what the hell are they wasting thieir time for... mute a mic and be done with disruptive people.

I agree, the smurfing in this game is atrocious! Being matched up with people who are obviously far more experienced than the account they are playing on was the only downer I saw...

And screw off with those terribly difficult luck based achievements!
  • NekroflameNekroflame270,261
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 00:59
    Kanchanaburi said:
    What kind of behavoir is unfair? what the hell are they wasting thieir time for... mute a mic and be done with disruptive people.

I agree, the smurfing in this game is atrocious! Being matched up with people who are obviously far more experienced than the account they are playing on was the only downer I saw...

What is unfair? Try having teammates waving at the enemy team, die and respawn, and go back to waving and dancing again. Intentionally not shooting or participating in any way. Or having teammates intentionally having their character sit in a corner for the whole game and never shoot. Or Meis that cover the spawn door with ice during overtime and you need to get out asap! And I mean Meis that are on YOUR team. I could go on...but that's who I personally report.

But smurf accounts? There is no way to regulate. How do you know it's a smurf? They could be PC players who just bought an Xbox One. Or maybe they're just really good players. No need for some of you to be so salty.
  • RDSRDS455,794
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 01:55
    Nekroflame said:
    Kanchanaburi said:

What is unfair? Try having teammates waving at the enemy team, die and respawn, and go back to waving and dancing again. Intentionally not shooting or participating in any way. Or having teammates intentionally having their character sit in a corner for the whole game and never shoot. Or Meis that cover the spawn door with ice during overtime and you need to get out asap! And I mean Meis that are on YOUR team. I could go on...but that's who I personally report.

But smurf accounts? There is no way to regulate. How do you know it's a smurf? They could be PC players who just bought an Xbox One. Or maybe they're just really good players. No need for some of you to be so salty.
    Smurfs are actually messing with the ranking system (and that is coming from someone with multiple smurfs). But as long as they actually try their hardest to win I don't mind them.
  • BlackMage FelixBlackMage Felix1,065,633
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 12:59
    My only problem I have with this game is the friends who recommend I should get it and play with them never play the damn thing.
    Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words appear
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE729,310
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 13:19
    Qwanimal said:
    One suggestion: maybe don't include loads of achievements in your game that encourage people to play selfishly?
    You're highly overestimating just how many people actually care about achievements. That has nothing to do with the toxicity in Overwatch.
  • KexolKexol470,483
    Posted on 15 September 17 at 14:04, Edited on 15 September 17 at 14:06 by Kexol
    RedDragonSwords said:
    Nekroflame said:
    Kanchanaburi said:

Smurfs are actually messing with the ranking system (and that is coming from someone with multiple smurfs). But as long as they actually try their hardest to win I don't mind them.
    I don't mind if they try their hardest but smurfs really put a damper on the ranking system. More games get thrown
    and non priority picks happen a lot due to one tricks. Honestly, the online community has to become less toxic on its own and blizzard shouldn't have to pool their resources into controlling it. Love the game though <3
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads