Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Path of Exile's 3.0.1b Xbox One Patch Detailed

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 15 September 17 at 09:24
That's a lot of bugs

Please click here to read the story: Path of Exile's 3.0.1b Xbox One Patch Detailed
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 15 September 17 at 09:39
Sadly no news about the unobtainable achievements :( All other fixes are welcome ones though!
Peace Through Tyranny
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 15 September 17 at 10:15
notice how they charge real money for sepereate currency slots this is why micortransaction are bad and should be banned they want money then make a proper game not a so called free to play game then charge us for extra slots to carry stuff after all they said micros was for cosmetics how is increasing the amount you carry or or given you a extra slots for currency a cosmetic.
Goggs25
mer0u1
mer0u1
Posted on 15 September 17 at 11:27, Edited on 15 September 17 at 11:43 by mer0u1
This game is probably the worst I've ever played in my whole life. And I've been playing for more than 30 years.
The main problem with this game is that it has definitely not been thought for console. The conversion from PC to console is probably the worst I've ever seen. The interface is not made for console, considering how they badly adapted the commands for a console controller. Few of things they put into this console version has real good sense. Navigation is just a nightmare. Interface is clear but there are so many issues with controls. Sometimes they do something and next time, when you wanna do the same thing again, they do something else instead.
Environment, story, sound effects, musics and ambient are really great. This is by far the greatest achievements of the game, without forgetting the awesome passive skills tree and all the possibilities it has to offer to truly make your character fit how you wanna play.
The craft system is fun, richer than most of the actual games but pretty conventional at the same time if you already played other games with such craft system (mainly MMORPG).

Hitboxes are just a pain, with some dumb priorities or issues.
Walking is just impossible because you can only run, which is quite a problem during phases when you want to safely pass near or across dangerous traps or areas.
Disconnections are legion.
Servers issues are legion and make your character usually teleport from one point to the former without any sense, especially when you're having a tough fight, only because the servers have trouble to handle that much action.
Moving items within or to your stash can be tricky since, sometimes, their shadow don't always appear right below them, appearing only with a small delay on one side.
Many commands are missing and are even not mentioned at all in the whole game, even when accessing the tutorial menu by pressing start. See that action when you press left stick, making lower quality items to display on the screen because the game has item display preferences from a certain moment in the game? This is what I'm talking about.
Auto-aim has a lot of issues as well. Playing with Ranger/Pathfinder ascendancy (act.9), I found myself usually struggling hitting enemies which have their head right into my arrows. And I have of course a very high leveled accuracy. Arrows just pass through the enemies.
The flasks command assignation is just a joke. Putting them on the right and left buttons is ok, but on the D-pad? Please, be serious for a second! Have you even played your game before releasing it on console? We are not Octodad. We only have one thumb on each hand! How the hell do you want us to control our character while having a hard time and use flasks at the same time? This kind of shortcut is just useless and clearly shows that this game has no intuitive ergonomy. Nor it has been thought along it either.
Why in the hell is this game so broken? I mean, when you see the PC version, the game is so smooth, so smartly made and developed. It runs correctly and allows quick and fast reactions during tough fights thanks to mouse/keyboard controls.
I've been working as gaming journalist for 15 years now. If I would have ever made the test of this game, it would only have got a 5/20, just to honor the level design and artistic touch it has. The rest is just garbage and a pure waste. Grinding Gear Games developers, if you have trouble developing games for console, ask players before releasing one. Or even look at how a console game works, and mainly how commands are set according to its controller. It looks like your beta was just useless. Gameplay is the basics of a game, what makes a game, not its graphics. Or we would call this a movie. This is why David Cage is not a game developper anymore, since Heavy Rain release.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Se7enn Sins
Se7enn Sins
Posted on 15 September 17 at 11:53
Looking for a group to play this
Emond24
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 15 September 17 at 13:25
Mer0u1, I must say I completely disagree. I'll admit, some of your complaints are valid (though the UI is certainly functional and games that are designed for console are often not any better). But it's all minor. The game still does so many things so exceptionally well that it doesn't matter. Well enough that you apparently played a 5/20 game for like 20-30+ hours.

I'd give it a 4.5/5.
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 15 September 17 at 13:56
Goggs25 said:
notice how they charge real money for sepereate currency slots this is why micortransaction are bad and should be banned they want money then make a proper game not a so called free to play game then charge us for extra slots to carry stuff after all they said micros was for cosmetics how is increasing the amount you carry or or given you a extra slots for currency a cosmetic.
Banned free games. Will be careful What you wish. Because then it make game with gold illegal. As well giving video game as a gift.
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 15 September 17 at 14:16, Edited on 15 September 17 at 14:18 by Figbender
Dakrkplayer2 said:
Goggs25 said:
Banned free games. Will be careful What you wish. Because then it make game with gold illegal. As well giving video game as a gift.
He said microtransactions should be banned, and he also said free to play games (ie games that have no cost to "purchase" but are always full of microtransactions), nothing to do with a gifts like gwg or personal exchanges so calm your hyperbole...
He makes a good point about micros, they are way to dominant in online free to play settings these days.

I want to get into this game but the list looks so daunting and time consuming, and none of my regular gaming pals are playing it either so it's be a solo journey mostly, perhaps in the new year after my goal times are expired and some more updates come in.
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 15 September 17 at 14:31, Edited on 15 September 17 at 14:32 by StuartATrueRed
I tried the game last night. After 10 minutes, I stopped playing and uninstalled it. A total load of garbage.
Cower Before me
Posted on 15 September 17 at 14:53
Goggs25 said:
I'm having an absolute blast with this game and I've spent 20 dollars on it and I have no reason to spend more on it. That's at least a quarter of what I would pay to play a new game that's on this games caliber. This game is without a doubt the best "free to play" game on the market, I'd go as far to say it's better than almost every triple A game I've played in the past 2 years.
Signal24Code20
Posted on 15 September 17 at 15:00
If people don't like the game, don't play it. I don't understand the need to come to boards and whine about how much you don't like the game. I personally, enjoy the game. It's not as polished as D3, which I'd say is it's main targeted competitor, but it's also free. And thus far, I have not come to any point that I needed to use real money. In fact, besides extra stash tabs, money only gets cosmetic things. Therefore, if you feel the need to spend money for stash tabs, quit saving so much stuff.

Micro transactions are annoying, but from the looks of things, there are here to stay. We aren't going to change it, we can just choose to use them or not.
Thin Blue Line
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 15 September 17 at 16:21
Signal24Code20 said:
If people don't like the game, don't play it. I don't understand the need to come to boards and whine about how much you don't like the game. I personally, enjoy the game. It's not as polished as D3, which I'd say is it's main targeted competitor, but it's also free. And thus far, I have not come to any point that I needed to use real money. In fact, besides extra stash tabs, money only gets cosmetic things. Therefore, if you feel the need to spend money for stash tabs, quit saving so much stuff.

Micro transactions are annoying, but from the looks of things, there are here to stay. We aren't going to change it, we can just choose to use them or not.
People feel entitled and only want to speak on the negatives of something.

The game obviously isn't in a perfect state and has had some issues, but the game is perfectly fine. People say they've had loads of d/c issues and I have friends that have had those issues, but I rarely ever have that kind of issue. Even when it does happen, the worst of it is usually just re-popping auras or something of the like.

We started with only a loot filter that would weed out trash loot and it sometimes glitches so that you need to hit the left analog stick in in order to see drops you wanted, but the more important drops almost always have a sound notification that alert you of them dropping. Now we have Neversink's loot filter which is great for end-game (which is why you make/use builds in the first place) grind.

Complaints about potions on the dpad? Pffft, come on. Not even a problem and a terrible way to even approach going for a solution for it. You should be asking for potential key-binding so that you can make it more comfortable for how YOU feel with controls. Having such a bizarrely over-exaggerated response to such a personal issue... whew. I have an anti-poison potion on my left dpad and an anti-bleeding potion on my right dpad... Work perfectly fine for me.

I'm sure I could easily contradict or argue some other things, but I'll leave it at that. Just remember, our first update on console was a loot filter and they plan on pushing out more/faster updates. I wasn't expecting a loot filter for a while, lol.
Streaming games and achievement whoring: http://www.twitch.tv/zelink

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 September 17 at 16:51
So what people aren't allowed to have opinions unless its a positive?

If somebody actually thinks this is the worse game they ever played, they clearly haven't played many games.

I've only played it for a few hrs with a mate and I've enjoyed it. It's clearly a game that's made to play with friend's.
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 15 September 17 at 18:16
If that's what you want to imply, that's on you.

I just don't understand how after 30 years, he can say this game is the worst of that he has played. Yeah, his game pool might be limited, but at the same time, that's a bold statement. And sure, maybe we could give him some credit, but some of the reasons for the given critic are very lackluster and to be ironic, 'unpolished'. Not to mention he doesn't offer any solutions, just complaints.

I've sent an email and almost 2, but the response time and response I got just isn't worth the 2nd email currently. I personally think the loot filter needs one of the fastest fixes, as, if you guys haven't noticed, sometimes like to hide ALL of the loot and you must use the left thumbstick to see it. That can suck pretty badly when you hear a good loot drop, but can't see it in your current spot and it goes to the trash loot. If you have not experienced this yet, you might experience further on when the game starts adding more to the trash filter. I am super grateful for the neversink filters however.

When it comes to some of the lag, it usually does have to deal with too many active things going on or map mods like lighting ground, frost ground, cursed ground, etc. Pretty sure this is just xbox taking a shit on itself as Diablo 3 90+ Greater Rifts also had issues with all the activity going on. So you can choose to ignore some of these obvious ones or tough them out. I wouldn't risk running them on a map you are unfamiliar with though.

As for the potion tray, again, re-mapping is always a good feature for games, not only for comfort, but potentially those who are handicapped. Is this hard to add re-mapping controllers to a game? No idea. Still a good move to make.

When it comes to the 'walking issues', that's actually the opposite of what you really want to do. More speed is good for getting through traps to take less damage and/or to dodge them more efficiently.

One of the few things he mentioned that is actually notable is the items into the stash tabs. It is slightly off. However, all you have to do is place it once in an open space and pick it up again. Yes this should be fixed, but there's a quick little know how in case someone didn't know.

But hey, worst game made right? Clearly shouldn't play it. ;)
Streaming games and achievement whoring: http://www.twitch.tv/zelink
DarkLord Zephyr
Posted on 15 September 17 at 20:28
I've come here only to say I wish they'd added fixing the achievements into the patch. I'm very hesitant on starting it until then. I'm a fan of the dungeon crawler genre no matter how 'bad' they are, so I hope they get to that soon. Honestly it doesn't even look bad so I don't get the issue.
Cower Before me
Posted on 15 September 17 at 22:58
DarkLord Zephyr said:
I've come here only to say I wish they'd added fixing the achievements into the patch. I'm very hesitant on starting it until then. I'm a fan of the dungeon crawler genre no matter how 'bad' they are, so I hope they get to that soon. Honestly it doesn't even look bad so I don't get the issue.
It's not a bad game at all, people will just bitch about anything.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 15 September 17 at 23:38
StuartATrueRed said:
I tried the game last night. After 10 minutes, I stopped playing and uninstalled it. A total load of garbage.
What the hell? How can you judge a game like this after that short amount of time? You probably can't even complete a single quest in that amount of time.
ParticleDuality
Posted on 16 September 17 at 00:53
This game is fantastic. I dislike the genre and I've spent 120 hours in this game so far.
DrunkLastKnight
Posted on 16 September 17 at 01:44
ZelinkTheOne said:
I just don't understand how after 30 years, he can say this game is the worst of that he has played. Yeah, his game pool might be limited, but at the same time, that's a bold statement. And sure, maybe we could give him some credit, but some of the reasons for the given critic are very lackluster and to be ironic, 'unpolished'. Not to mention he doesn't offer any solutions, just complaints.)
He must not have ever played on Atari, I remember such awesome games like ET and Pacman. Those were good days :P
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 16 September 17 at 02:03
DarkLord Zephyr said:
They will in the next normal patch. This one was Xbox only. The achievements were broken in game on PC too so I'm sure they'll fix them at the same time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.