Game Discussion: skate. Forum

Fanboy Achievement in skate.

AuthorMessage
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 20 March 10 at 08:34
I don't know what's going on but, on the Rob & Big challenge I've performed said task at least 10 times and it's not counting it as completed. I cleared everything on my HDD except my character save. I also checked to see when the last person on TA obtained this particular achievement and it was back in February. Does anyone know if this has become a glitched or unobtainable achievement since the update that took down skate.Reel?
Kung Fu Riki
Kung Fu Riki
Posted on 20 March 10 at 13:31
I didn't have to download an update when the reel servers went down. So I'm not sure this is related. How far in is that challenge? I'll try it if I'm close and let you know if I can unlock it.
*** Message me before voting negatively. I'm always willing to improve my solutions. ***
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 20 March 10 at 17:25
It's fairly close to the end of the game. It unlocks one of the last locations you need for the Keys to the City achievement.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 March 10 at 17:31
Several people have earned fanboy in March.
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 20 March 10 at 18:23
The recent winners list must not have been updated last night when I posted this then, because I clicked on whomever was at the top of the most recent winners list and it was something like February 23 or something.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 March 10 at 00:16
Most recent goes to the bottom, not the top.
The Globalizer
The Globalizer
Posted on 22 March 10 at 01:01
I got this in the past two weeks -- are you sure you've beaten all of the pros?

And for the Dyrdek challenge, is it actually saying "Challenge Completed"? For that one, you need to do a "360 Flip" -- not a 360 and any kickflip. I know you probably know that, but I figure I should check. smile
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 22 March 10 at 07:51
The Globalizer said:
I got this in the past two weeks -- are you sure you've beaten all of the pros?

And for the Dyrdek challenge, is it actually saying "Challenge Completed"? For that one, you need to do a "360 Flip" -- not a 360 and any kickflip. I know you probably know that, but I figure I should check. smile
It's not telling me anything. I've already beaten all the other pro challenges and s.k.a.t.e. challenges. I've tried standing on top of the bench running up beside the bench and still nothing. I don't know that it makes much of a difference but everytime I attempt the challenge I'm riding switch.
The Globalizer
The Globalizer
Posted on 22 March 10 at 14:49
So you're having trouble completing the challenge? Or starting the challenge?

It should do all of the green checkmark stuff at the bottom, and if you land the combo (which is tough, because it is two specific tricks in succession), it will give you the standard "challenge completed" screen and then pop the achievement.

A tip for the combo -- figure out which way you need to rotate the board during the grind to get the right grind. You can pivot to get the right grind and it will count, as long as it is in the same trick. The 360 Flip is just practice and/or luck. It took me about an hour and a half to get through this challenge.

FYI, you'll still need to do the Dyrdek SKATE challenge to get Keep Playing.
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 22 March 10 at 16:48, Edited on 22 March 10 at 16:50 by Drummin003
I've done the 360 Flip to FS Crooked on the bench and it keeps giving me a green check mark for "On the Bench" but not a check for the actual trick itself.
zigs00
zigs00
Posted on 22 March 10 at 18:51
Drummin003 said:
I've done the 360 Flip to FS Crooked on the bench and it keeps giving me a green check mark for "On the Bench" but not a check for the actual trick itself.
Then you evidently haven't done it right, somehow.

You are definitely doing a 360 Flip right? Not a 360 spin with a flip trick, but an actual tre flip?
INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
Drummin003
Drummin003
Posted on 22 March 10 at 20:24
Yes and ACTUAL 360 Flip. In the lower left hand corner where it shows the last 3 tricks you performed it says 360 Flip, FS Crooked
The Globalizer
The Globalizer
Posted on 22 March 10 at 22:15, Edited on 22 March 10 at 22:16 by The Globalizer
Weird. I got nothin' for ya. You're not doing a Nollie 360 Flip are you? That's considered a different trick.

You do, of course, have to do them all as a single trick -- flip to grind and don't bail.
UN II Bosske
Posted on 07 April 11 at 06:49
I did this yesterday and i know it's a late reply, but .... You must make sure you're doing a 360 flip STRAIGHT into an FS crooked.... not a 360 flip to FS 50-50 THEN crooked ... it's gotta be in that exact order - 360 FLIP TO FS CROOKED .... yeah i wish you luck man.
UN II Bosske
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.