Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Some Liverpool Legends Are Coming To Pro Evolution Soccer 2018

AuthorMessage
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 18 September 17 at 13:05, Edited on 18 September 17 at 13:11 by Mannschaft570
Arron114 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:
Liverpool Legends, two of them played in Manchester and one of them tried to force a move to Chelsea.

About as definitive as a debut Capcom game.
So what? Rooney started and probably will end his carrier with Everton, and he will obviously be remembered as a United player. And Cantona is idolized in this same club while he played mostly in french teams during his carrier.
Rooney expired his use at United and went back to his boyhood team a the very end of his cereer and as you would have seen yesterday is still herald in high favour at the club for what he has done, United have along standing relationship with Everton, hence why there was a full team of multiple players who have played for both teams yesterday. If any of those players went to Liverpool they would be disgraced on the spot, the fact Owen went to United and won the league with them strips him of any level of "legend" status at the club, you simple do not cross that stream.

Contana is Idolized for revitalising a United team at providing a legacy that spearheaded the team towards unprecedented success. The fact he played for Leeds is far more significant than any French club, what Cantona achieved in those seasons at united were incredible. 4 back to back league titles ! What is Fowler known for? Sniffing the goal line.

As for Gerrard, if legend means playing a load of games . never winning the league and putting a transfer request in at the pinnacle of your career, yea , legend. You could say he slipped up there?
So we somewhat agree that a player becomes a legend for how he performed, no matter how long he stayed or for which teams he played before and after. You mentioned that two of them played for Manchester, and I couldn't see how it prevents them from being called "legends".

Apart from very few exceptions like Cruyff, I find it hard anyway to call a player "legendary" if they never were successful or at least very influential with their respective national teams, and that's the issue with all the great midfielders England had in the 15 previous years (Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes...).
Arron114
Arron114
Posted on 18 September 17 at 13:23, Edited on 18 September 17 at 13:37 by Arron114
ukinspro said:
Arron114 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:
Liverpool Legends, two of them played in Manchester and one of them tried to force a move to Chelsea.

So what? Rooney started and probably will end his carrier with Everton, and he will obviously be remembered as a United player. And Cantona is idolized in this same club while he played mostly in french teams during his carrier.
Rooney expired his use at United and went back to his boyhood team a the very end of his cereer and as you would have seen yesterday is still herald in high favour at the club for what he has done, United have along standing relationship with Everton, hence why there was a full team of multiple players who have played for both teams yesterday. If any of those players went to Liverpool they would be disgraced on the spot, the fact Owen went to United and won the league with them strips him of any level of "legend" status at the club, you simple do not cross that stream.

Contana is Idolized for revitalising a United team at providing a legacy that spearheaded the team towards unprecedented success. The fact he played for Leeds is far more significant than any French club, what Cantona achieved in those seasons at united were incredible. 4 back to back league titles ! What is Fowler known for? Sniffing the goal line.

As for Gerrard, if legend means playing a load of games . never winning the league and putting a transfer request in at the pinnacle of your career, yea , legend. You could say he slipped up there?
Brilliant, who the fucks Contana? Sounds like something your food comes in.

I don't support either, but this is just irrelevant babel from a sad United fan, taking aim at Liverpool for no reason. You do not cross that stream!! Sure and I guess everyone doesn't have a price then.
Gerrard not a Liverpool legend - are you really that stupid.
Why's Gerrard a legend? Theo Walcott is Arsenal's current longest serving player and has won more than slippy, and has never handed in a transfer request , is he a legend? Maybe instead of throwing insults around have some substance in your remarks.

And who said I was a united fan?

"Sure and I guess everyone doesn't have a price then." - laughlaughlaugh That's why Owen came to united on a free transfer.

Name calling and swearing, keep it PG-13 tough guy.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 18 September 17 at 13:59
Arron114 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:

That was going to be my response. Spot on.

Cantona left Leeds for Man Utd, hence why he is loved by us and not by the Leeds fans.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 18 September 17 at 14:01
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:

So we somewhat agree that a player becomes a legend for how he performed, no matter how long he stayed or for which teams he played before and after. You mentioned that two of them played for Manchester, and I couldn't see how it prevents them from being called "legends".

Apart from very few exceptions like Cruyff, I find it hard anyway to call a player "legendary" if they never were successful or at least very influential with their respective national teams, and that's the issue with all the great midfielders England had in the 15 previous years (Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes...).
Messi has done nothing of note for his national team. Is he not legendary? Your reasoning is irrelevant.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 September 17 at 14:10, Edited on 18 September 17 at 14:24 by
I came here to shaft Michael Owen but looks like I've been beaten to it.

Lucky, it States Liverpool legends! Owen is no Liverpool legend
Alice in Chains
Rich swv1
Rich swv1
Posted on 18 September 17 at 14:23
Didn't know Liverpool had any legends!
xQuesoo
xQuesoo
Posted on 18 September 17 at 17:07
Came here to see people cry that the teams they support are the best and that Liverpool are awful and I haven't been disappointed. I think people arguing over football is one of the most entertaining things to watch because so many are idiotic. Same thing with some of my friends who talk about Liverpool and Everton. laugh
merkins7
merkins7
Posted on 18 September 17 at 17:24
Arron114 said:
ukinspro said:
Arron114 said:
Mannschaft570 said:
Arron114 said:

Brilliant, who the fucks Contana? Sounds like something your food comes in.

I don't support either, but this is just irrelevant babel from a sad United fan, taking aim at Liverpool for no reason. You do not cross that stream!! Sure and I guess everyone doesn't have a price then.
Gerrard not a Liverpool legend - are you really that stupid.
Why's Gerrard a legend? Theo Walcott is Arsenal's current longest serving player and has won more than slippy, and has never handed in a transfer request , is he a legend? Maybe instead of throwing insults around have some substance in your remarks.

"Sure and I guess everyone doesn't have a price then." - laughlaughlaugh That's why Owen came to united on a free transfer.

Walcott has won 3 fa cups in a supposed 'legendary' arsenal career, compared to gerrard who won everything bar the league. If you're going to quote something as fact at least research it before using it to compare different careers!

I agree Owen is not looked on favourably for playing for the mancs, some downright hate him. I prefer to remember the good times he gave before his acrimonious departure and block him from everything post 2004!

dont take too much notice from armchair fans anyway to bear much relevance to anything.
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 19 September 17 at 01:26
I guess the extra licensing expenditure means the PES server shutdowns will come even sooner then.
YaIrishMick96
YaIrishMick96
Posted on 19 September 17 at 11:57
Jesus this thread is cancerous. Gerrard not a LFC legend? Ok mate, only won the champions league ya fucking retard.

Not even a pool fan but you have to be some special little retard not to know that.

Owen on the other hand isn't a LFC legend.
One does not simply stop playing xbox
YaIrishMick96
YaIrishMick96
Posted on 19 September 17 at 11:58
And PES is good if you weren't so shortsighted to see past the licenses and had the brain capacity to unzip a file and put it on your USB and let the game take all the real teams, kits, stadiums and you end up with more licenses than FIFA.
One does not simply stop playing xbox
ukinspro
ukinspro
Posted on 19 September 17 at 12:00
Arron114 said:

Of course Walcott's not a Liverpool legend, he never played for them.(refer article title). I would suspect Gerrard is considered a Legend at Liverpool and as such is held in far higher regard with their supporters than - to use your example Walcott at Arsenal.

It really comes down the best or most consistent performers for a club to be considered by their supporters a club legend. But then if we take your view, then no club outside of the big 5 or 6 clubs can ever have a Legend.

Maybe you should have a word with Bradford City and advise them they should not refer to the likes of Peter Beagrie, David Weatherall or Dean Windass (to name a few) as legends.

So how much substance does a United fan need? The article was Liverpool Legends, not England Legends and not World Legends. Just because you have dislike for a club, doesn't automatically make all their players shit.

What's Owen going on a free got to do with anything? You said no one should cross the stream. I'm pretty sure you offer a united player £2mil a week he's off to Anfield.
xQuesoo
xQuesoo
Posted on 19 September 17 at 12:20
ukinspro said:
Arron114 said:

Of course Walcott's not a Liverpool legend, he never played for them.(refer article title). I would suspect Gerrard is considered a Legend at Liverpool and as such is held in far higher regard with their supporters than - to use your example Walcott at Arsenal.

It really comes down the best or most consistent performers for a club to be considered by their supporters a club legend. But then if we take your view, then no club outside of the big 5 or 6 clubs can ever have a Legend.

Maybe you should have a word with Bradford City and advise them they should not refer to the likes of Peter Beagrie, David Weatherall or Dean Windass (to name a few) as legends.

So how much substance does a United fan need? The article was Liverpool Legends, not England Legends and not World Legends. Just because you have dislike for a club, doesn't automatically make all their players shit.

What's Owen going on a free got to do with anything? You said no one should cross the stream. I'm pretty sure you offer a united player £2mil a week he's off to Anfield.
Hit the nail on the head with that second-to-last paragraph. All my friends are the same. If you're talking about anyone other than the team they support then they're shit, their manager is clueless, their fans are a disgrace. Then they'll bring up that time six years ago when their team beat yours 3-1. So many football supporters are so idiotic.

I even know some who automatically don't like people who support Liverpool just because they support Everton. I'm all for having passion for something but I'm also for having a fucking brain cell or two!
GTASAROCKS88
GTASAROCKS88
Posted on 19 September 17 at 12:46
Seems legit, but again i'm buying FIFA 18 because of the fact PES isn't my homebase!

But also, now that they added Fowler and Owen I just might play PES 18 this year instead of FIFA 18, but I don't promise that I will!
Xbox: GTASAROCKS88 Steam: HughyJuspur
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.