Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion Ready To Release Next Month

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 22 September 17 at 20:02
Read new details and watch the trailer that also includes a debut song from Nobuo Uematsu

Please click here to read the story: Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion Ready To Release Next Month
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:04
I don't understand how everyone can support this POS. It's only final fantasy in name, not in gameplay by any stretch of the imagination.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:15
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
I don't understand how everyone can support this POS. It's only final fantasy in name, not in gameplay by any stretch of the imagination.
With the MP expansion (which sounds an awful lot like DA:I or something) it seems XV has gone full WRPG. I don't mind if it's just for XV (it's a series known for shaking things up sometimes, after all) but if it's the future for every game I can't say I'm too hyped for that.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:22
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
same goes with you. i looked at your games and you yourself have supported a lot of bad games.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:23
I enjoyed the game. Wonder if there will be achievements.
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:33
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Game developers can't win these days. If they stay true to the same tried and true patterns, people bitch they're making the same game. If they innovate and do things radically different from previous installments, people bitch they're not making real sequels. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I judge every game, franchise or not, based on that individual game. I've played almost every Final Fantasy game ever made and been a fan of it since the 90s, and I personally enjoyed Final Fantasy XV. It's very different from the other titles. But different doesn't necessarily mean bad.

I appreciate it isn't to everyone's tastes. But if you give it a chance, there's a lot to like here. And I acknowledge there's a lot that could stand to be improved. I just find it fun. And I like the characters, story, music, etc.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:45
BloodGodAlucard said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Game developers can't win these days. If they stay true to the same tried and true patterns, people bitch they're making the same game. If they innovate and do things radically different from previous installments, people bitch they're not making real sequels. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I judge every game, franchise or not, based on that individual game. I've played almost every Final Fantasy game ever made and been a fan of it since the 90s, and I personally enjoyed Final Fantasy XV. It's very different from the other titles. But different doesn't necessarily mean bad.

I appreciate it isn't to everyone's tastes. But if you give it a chance, there's a lot to like here. And I acknowledge there's a lot that could stand to be improved. I just find it fun. And I like the characters, story, music, etc.
Some of the game is ok dlc is nothing more then a money grab it adds nothing to the story at all, then you have the so called summons you can't use unless the stupid game lets by far the worst FF game from the point of the summons and there is the magic if you can call it that that feels like it was tacked on at the last second if this is the fututure of FF games then square enix can stick them up there ass
Goggs25
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 22 September 17 at 21:50
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Oh no, you don't like it. Damn, I need to rethink my life priorities now!
Sliktor
Sliktor
Posted on 22 September 17 at 22:17
Support for games on any level is great, don't think I'll ever bought with mp though... Unless I can double box any achievements they add in.
DarkeyedGriever
Posted on 22 September 17 at 22:58
I'm going against the general outrage and say I actually liked the game. Im not super excited about the mp aspect as I generally prefer solo games but they did announce there would be solo play as well. Points to them for allowing a mp update to be played single player.
xLil SheWolfx
xLil SheWolfx
Posted on 23 September 17 at 12:34
They seriously need to let this cash-cow die. There is milking something but they have so far milked this poor cash-cow to nothing.

On top of that they still have yet to add more to the main stories major loopholes.......if we want an MMO we would go and play XIV lol

Give me Ignis's DLC along with the so called "new" extra story content in the next incoming updates (which I swear was "Deleted" content) and be done with this game.
Gaming 4 Life
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 23 September 17 at 12:51
I've always been a little curious about this game as a whole but don't know if I want to try it. This game mode DLC whatever you want to call it sound pretty cool though.
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 23 September 17 at 17:33
Am I missing something? What's the solid release date?
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 23 September 17 at 18:03
AeriBouS said:
The bit in the video that says "Available October 31, 2017".
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 24 September 17 at 16:17
LuckyConquerer2 said:
AeriBouS said:
The bit in the video that says "Available October 31, 2017".
Thank you. I didn't watch the vid
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 24 September 17 at 22:27
xLil SheWolfx said:
They seriously need to let this cash-cow die. There is milking something but they have so far milked this poor cash-cow to nothing.

On top of that they still have yet to add more to the main stories major loopholes.......if we want an MMO we would go and play XIV lol

Give me Ignis's DLC along with the so called "new" extra story content in the next incoming updates (which I swear was "Deleted" content) and be done with this game.
I know right? To hell with companies supporting their games after launch! DOWN WITH THE MAN!
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 25 September 17 at 03:44
I hope there's no achievements. I did not buy Final Fantasy XV looking to play a multiplayer game. Hate it when developers suddenly change direction on a game.
Darth Chimp
Darth Chimp
Posted on 25 September 17 at 13:09
the days of the true JRPG are closing it seems, not played FFXV yet, aslong as the narritive is as awesome as ever, I'll be happy, but they days of VII, VIII and IX were the highlight of Final Fantasy for me ((never played 12, heard it was amazing though))
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 25 September 17 at 22:45
Darth Chimp said:
the days of the true JRPG are closing it seems, not played FFXV yet, aslong as the narritive is as awesome as ever, I'll be happy, but they days of VII, VIII and IX were the highlight of Final Fantasy for me ((never played 12, heard it was amazing though))
You just need to look in the right place. There are a ton of JRPGs coming out all the time; just not too many on Xbox.
Free Riegn
Free Riegn
Posted on 27 September 17 at 15:39
If they opened up the gameplay (because the beta was subpar) then this may be a really good addition for all season pass holders.

There are a ton of haters for this game that I thought to be a great game and worth the full price of admission.

@Darth Chimp, pick up a PlayStation and you can play a ton of great JRPGs.
Yeah Buddy!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.