The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 26th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Guidality
Guidality
Posted on 26 September 17 at 12:52
I really want cod4 remastered but am wondering if that price will drop in the future. Also seems like a good time to get rocket league....
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 26 September 17 at 13:11
Guys help me out here. Is the WRC franchise worth it, even for cheap? The reviews are middle of the road - although the Dirt guys are obviously passionate. I'm a Dirt lover.

Options:
1. get WRC 5 cause it's only $10
2. get WRC 6 cause it's only $5 more at $15 (but a newer version)
3. wait for Dirt Rally or Dirt 4 to go on sale (might not happen anytime soon)
4. $ave it and keep racing the backlog - I think I still have some Burnout, Need for Speed, Crew, Grid & Project titles still to get through.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 26 September 17 at 14:05
I'm probably the only one to say: "I've been waiting on The Dwarves to drop in price." Boom. My purchase of the week.

Also tempted by Tony Hawk 5. Thoughts?
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 26 September 17 at 14:17
Little acre really cheap!
DARK 777
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 26 September 17 at 14:37
Someone just asked me an interesting question.

If he gameshares and buys the FIFA 18 Icon edition, how does it allocate the bonus packs, or are separate codes for each 'item' supplied.
Legohead 1977
supkris
supkris
Posted on 26 September 17 at 15:12
halohogg said:
Guys help me out here. Is the WRC franchise worth it, even for cheap? The reviews are middle of the road - although the Dirt guys are obviously passionate. I'm a Dirt lover.

Options:
4. $ave it and keep racing the backlog - I think I still have some Burnout, Need for Speed, Crew, Grid & Project titles still to get through.
I am sure Dirt 4 was 40% off just two weeks before. And dirt rally is part of game pass that you can play right now if you get the 14day trail. Wrc7 seems to be better than 5 and 6. The site review was favourable. Haven played any game in wrc series myself
r1ck
r1ck
Posted on 26 September 17 at 15:59
i really enjoyed the Ultimate Alliance games back in the day and wouldn't mind another dip into them but refuse to pay more than $20 for both of them as they are simply ports rather than remasters
j hews
j hews
Posted on 26 September 17 at 16:09
Kerman7 said:
Don't know if I missed it before or if it's new but 'manage price alerts'?
As in I can select an item and be alerted when its price drops? Sounds useful but can't seem to find how to do it.
I just add them to my wish list and if they are on the list I get a message.
j hews
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 26 September 17 at 17:44
supkris said:
halohogg said:

Options:
I am sure Dirt 4 was 40% off just two weeks before. And dirt rally is part of game pass that you can play right now if you get the 14day trail. Wrc7 seems to be better than 5 and 6. The site review was favourable. Haven played any game in wrc series myself
... but 40% off $79 Dirt4 (ridiculous) is a lot different than 80% off $49 WRC 5. I was hoping Dirt Rally was going to drop significantly since it is the older title and probably had less hardcore fans. GwG IS my "game pass." I'm not buying into anything else, and there's no way I can finish a game in 14 days. I just bloody revisited FM4 last week! WRC 7 will be another $80 launch, not worthy for another 2 years. I'm living for the now ... I mean ... 2 years ago.
Tao Logos
Tao Logos
Posted on 26 September 17 at 19:03
halohogg said:
supkris said:
halohogg said:

Options:
... but 40% off $79 Dirt4 (ridiculous) is a lot different than 80% off $49 WRC 5. I was hoping Dirt Rally was going to drop significantly since it is the older title and probably had less hardcore fans. GwG IS my "game pass." I'm not buying into anything else, and there's no way I can finish a game in 14 days. I just bloody revisited FM4 last week! WRC 7 will be another $80 launch, not worthy for another 2 years. I'm living for the now ... I mean ... 2 years ago.
I also have a ton of racers in my backlog, so do as I say and not as I do. Finish that old shit while you can. Servers closing all the time.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 26 September 17 at 19:43
Tao Logos said:
halohogg said:
supkris said:
halohogg said:
Guys help me out here. Is the WRC franchise worth it, even for cheap?
I also have a ton of racers in my backlog, so do as I say and not as I do. Finish that old shit while you can. Servers closing all the time.
Agreed - mission accepted.
EDIOS BUDVAR
EDIOS BUDVAR
Posted on 26 September 17 at 20:10
Nice discount for Geometry Wars³: Dimensions.
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 26 September 17 at 20:35
ME Andromeda for $20 is tempting.

I recommend WRC 5; for $10 I don't think you would regret it.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 27 September 17 at 01:51
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
ME Andromeda for $20 is tempting.

I recommend WRC 5; for $10 I don't think you would regret it.
Second this, had a buy two get one free coupon from EB Games and picked it up because I wanted a rally fix that didn't involve Dirt Rally...and Dirt 4 wasn't out at the time. Great way to get your rally fix without a serious time commitment.
DemonS ElGreco
Posted on 27 September 17 at 07:42
Cellar Attic said:
I'm probably the only one to say: "I've been waiting on The Dwarves to drop in price." Boom. My purchase of the week.

Also tempted by Tony Hawk 5. Thoughts?
Nope, we are two :)
I am so excited about Dwarves, was monitoring it long time now
Heroes fight like Greeks
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 27 September 17 at 12:13
Little acre and Dwarves for me. Also maybe Duck Dynasty because it’s 80% off and I don’t see it going cheaper.
MOFOwhosinchrge
Posted on 27 September 17 at 21:57
Can anyone tell my their opinions on Dear Esther, Hue or Tokyo 42? Im interested in them, and Im curious as to what other people think.
Fury87
Fury87
Posted on 27 September 17 at 22:26
MOFOwhosinchrge said:
Can anyone tell my their opinions on Dear Esther, Hue or Tokyo 42? Im interested in them, and Im curious as to what other people think.
I thought Hue was a pretty fun little game and a relatively easy completion. I also didn't mind Dear Esther, although a lot of people don't really like it. At the very least it is quick and easy gamerscore with a good guide here on TA.
TickTockRob
TickTockRob
Posted on 28 September 17 at 14:02
New Paralyzer said:
Mike Pitch said:
Ugh. More ID games that I've bought at 50% off going cheaper before I get around to playing them.
Easy fix. Only buy a game you're going to play soon. That way you can just wait for the next sale if you aren't going to play it until 2019.

I don't understand why so many people have issues with this. Okay maybe it's something you want and the sale sounds really good but if you're gonna back log it for a year or so why not just wait till you shrink your backlog?
Because there's no guarantee it'll be on sale again, and if it is, it may not be on sale when you come around to wanting to play it, whenever in the future that is (1, 2, n months/years).
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 29 September 17 at 20:37, Edited on 29 September 17 at 20:37 by Pare ESP
Please, somebody knows if any of the Rocket League DLCs is required to get any achievement? thanks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.