Nexus Grunt
Nexus Grunt
Posted on 27 September 17 at 19:35
Trailblazing and innovative but still with some work to do

Please click here to read the story: Project CARS 2 Review
Yellows OUFC
Yellows OUFC
Posted on 27 September 17 at 20:51
Nice review. Looking forward to picking this up in the New Year.
Callidus Orsus
Posted on 27 September 17 at 20:54, Edited on 27 September 17 at 21:07 by Callidus Orsus
Cool, I just started the first one. Interesting to see the improvements made. I really like the idea behind the online racing license; gives players an incentive to maintain their reputation as clean drivers.

Edit: grammar.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 27 September 17 at 22:25
If it's simply an improved Project Cars I'm sold. Love the first one and didn't have any issues using a controller playing it either, even though a lot of people did. Only thing was it took me a lap or two to get used to how the different classes of cars behaved.

Also love that they added more car manufacturers to the game, missed racing in Lambo's and Ferrari's. I'll definitely be waiting to pick this up though as there are quite a few games right now that are higher up on my want list.
BanjoRebel
BanjoRebel
Posted on 28 September 17 at 02:11, Edited on 28 September 17 at 02:11 by BanjoRebel
iTz Canada Ehh said:
If it's simply an improved Project Cars I'm sold. Love the first one and didn't have any issues using a controller playing it either, even though a lot of people did. Only thing was it took me a lap or two to get used to how the different classes of cars behaved.

Also love that they added more car manufacturers to the game, missed racing in Lambo's and Ferrari's. I'll definitely be waiting to pick this up though as there are quite a few games right now that are higher up on my want list.
Basically exactly what my response would have been, haha. Although I'll probably pick it up sooner than later. Perhaps in... November.
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
xxSUPER HANSxxx
Posted on 28 September 17 at 04:37
Nice review. I was really enjoying the game until I lost my career progress. 10+ hours gone. Tried deleting my local save, but it did not work. Now have to wait for a fix before starting over.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 28 September 17 at 09:15
I am purely doing the weekly challenges on the first one at present to make sure I get that before I start the game, but I must say it is very enjoyable, any improvement on that would result in a game I would be interested in.
Legohead 1977
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 28 September 17 at 09:23
It seems the TA universe disagrees with this review Project CARS 2 Achievements and it will only go lower when more & more people lose their save game progress from the game, which is not mentioned in this review because it should lower the score, game breaking bugs should always be mentioned.
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
xinixb
xinixb
Posted on 28 September 17 at 09:30
Car handling for some car is very poor. Some are even undrivable.
Track programming is not spot on for all tracks: for example RX Knockhill Joker lap which isn't registering.
Since today I join the lost progress club, was in Tier 4. So what's another 20 hours in this buggy mess.

This game should have never been released this way. I feel like I threw away €100 on a completely unfinished, nearly unplayable game.
Too bad I exceeded the 2 hours game time or I would definately go for a refund.

0,5 out of 5 from me
Superschrubber
Posted on 28 September 17 at 10:00, Edited on 28 September 17 at 10:02 by Superschrubber
My savegame magically disappeared. Is this a known error, and can it be fixed? Very annoying even if it was just about 10 hours of playtime

edit: seems i am not alone with this problem...
Testave
Testave
Posted on 28 September 17 at 10:49
4/5 for this shitgame. Wow you must love your community...
DBB Klikopedia
Posted on 28 September 17 at 12:53, Edited on 28 September 17 at 12:55 by DBB Klikopedia
in my opinion it's the same crap for controller users as last. and savegame loss. thinkFM7 is better bet.
Mixer & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
AGGY AggressoR
AGGY AggressoR
Posted on 28 September 17 at 14:31
Somebody must have been paid to write this review. Either that or they haven't even played the game laugh
jonnyyy
jonnyyy
Posted on 28 September 17 at 15:18
Some car you can drive with pad but some not :((( way too much bugs !!!
AngelTiddles
AngelTiddles
Posted on 28 September 17 at 15:19
Superschrubber said:
My savegame magically disappeared. Is this a known error, and can it be fixed? Very annoying even if it was just about 10 hours of playtime

edit: seems i am not alone with this problem...
I don't think it is Project CARS at fault, in the last two weeks I've had both my Assetto Corsa and Riptide GP Renegade saves magically reset to 0%.

The annoying thing is it overwrites the cloud save, and then propagates this to other consoles, so they all reset, so no backups, and clearing local saves doesn't work.
AngelTiddles
AngelTiddles
Posted on 28 September 17 at 15:24, Edited on 28 September 17 at 15:26 by AngelTiddles
jonnyyy said:
Assists by default are set to Realistic, meaning that depending on the type of car you drive, different assists are on and off between different cars. I found that by setting assists manually, they were more controllable. A GT3 car for example has no stability or traction control enabled by default, whereas an everyday road car does.

Play about, you'll find it works with tweaking. Just because they made changes to the controller handling doesn't mean every car is driveable out the box on default settings, the game still needs tweaks.

Tweaking is at the heart of a pure sim like this. It ain't simcade like Forza.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 September 17 at 16:46
AngelTiddles said:
jonnyyy said:
Assists by default are set to Realistic, meaning that depending on the type of car you drive, different assists are on and off between different cars. I found that by setting assists manually, they were more controllable. A GT3 car for example has no stability or traction control enabled by default, whereas an everyday road car does.

Play about, you'll find it works with tweaking. Just because they made changes to the controller handling doesn't mean every car is driveable out the box on default settings, the game still needs tweaks.

+1, although for Project Cars I just turned ABS, Traction and Stability on and that was enough for me to control every car in the game so idk wtf people are complaining about not being able to drive cars with a controller in the first game...I think it just comes down to lack of skill at that point.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 28 September 17 at 22:49, Edited on 29 September 17 at 00:50 by KBop a doo
Blue n Gold Eel said:
It seems the TA universe disagrees with this review Project CARS 2 Achievements and it will only go lower when more & more people lose their save game progress from the game, which is not mentioned in this review because it should lower the score, game breaking bugs should always be mentioned.
A review is the reviewer's experience with the game. If they never encountered any game breaking bugs, they would not be mentioned in their review.
BadMotor
BadMotor
Posted on 29 September 17 at 00:46
Hmm, was thinking of dropping Forza 7 (demo didn't seem that great to me - and they seem more interested in creating outfits for your driver than anything else in this version) in favor of this Project Cars 2 after what I've seen of people playing this on YouTube (mostly on PC), but after reading the comments I'm not sure.
DBB Klikopedia
Posted on 29 September 17 at 05:52
iTz Canada Ehh said:
AngelTiddles said:
jonnyyy said:

+1, although for Project Cars I just turned ABS, Traction and Stability on and that was enough for me to control every car in the game so idk wtf people are complaining about not being able to drive cars with a controller in the first game...I think it just comes down to lack of skill at that point.
Canada it's clear you talk bullshit. Go do some research and you will see it has nothing to do with skill.
Mixer & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.