Game Discussion: Paladins: Champions of the Realm Forum

Recent update caused tons of unobtainable achievements?

AuthorMessage
Tranierx
Tranierx
Posted on 30 September 17 at 21:04
So I've got a few complaints about an achievement (Survivor) not unlocking on my solution of it. I thought it could be bugged because of the consistent unlocking suddenly stopping since September 26. At first I thought this was an isolated incident, but looking at most recent winners, it seems like a September 26th update broke a huge chunk of the achievement list.

Achievements that have not been unlocked since September 26th:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Achievements that have been unlocked since September 26th:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 30 September 17 at 23:32
Someone else started a thread about this earlier and found the same thing to be true: Massive wave of unobtainables?
ThaHawka
ThaHawka
Posted on 02 October 17 at 08:10
I hosted a session just yesterday and my group experienced the same issues. We couldn't earn achievements such as being the only player left alive, earning 20 kills in a match, or killing an enemy player from 300 units (just to name a few). That recent update certainly appears to have caused some issues. The achievements weren't even acknowledged in the awards section in-game.

If anyone finds any official news or fix regarding this, please update where possible!
I have an extensive collection of games, so don't hesitate to message me if you see a game in my game collection that you'd like to work on together!
Fristi61
Fristi61
Posted on 02 October 17 at 12:36
Well, I went to the Paladins forums and reported it. Might help if others follow suit.
TheFourthHunter
Posted on 11 October 17 at 14:26, Edited on 11 October 17 at 14:28 by TheFourthHunter
I wonder if these are permanently discontinued? Newest update didn't fix them.
ThaHawka
ThaHawka
Posted on 11 October 17 at 14:27
TheFourthHunter said:
I wonder if this are permanently discontinued? Newest update didn't fix them.
Well that's... great. Break the majority of base game achievements and add some incredibly time consuming ones. Good combo!
I have an extensive collection of games, so don't hesitate to message me if you see a game in my game collection that you'd like to work on together!
DAN5KI97
DAN5KI97
Posted on 12 October 17 at 03:25
Hope they fix this, was just planning on starting it angry
DAN5KI97
SpinalSynopsis
Posted on 12 October 17 at 04:10
I didn't experience any issues since the update. Achievements popping right away. A few of rhe achievements you said didn't unlock sometimes required signing out and signing back in for them to pop (for me).
The fall of mordern day American society can be linked to the creation of two things: the Internet and Reality Shows.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 12 October 17 at 04:21, Edited on 12 October 17 at 04:36 by KBop a doo
SpinalSynopsis said:
I didn't experience any issues since the update. Achievements popping right away. A few of rhe achievements you said didn't unlock sometimes required signing out and signing back in for them to pop (for me).
They aren't talking about the update achievements. Those are fine. You haven't earned any base game achievements in Paladins since July, long before they were broken by a September update. If you go to the Paladins achievement page, you can see which ones are not working currently. There are 15 in total that no one has earned since September 26th. I completed the game myself in January, but with no one having earned simple achievements like "get a double kill" in weeks, there's no denying they are now broken.

We have to remember this is a beta though -- there's a big disclaimer when you start up the game about how things may be flat-out broken -- so here's hoping for a fix for everyone.
Living Legends
Posted on 12 October 17 at 05:47
Hi rez fixes smite very often so I have high hopes for this project.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 12 October 17 at 11:04
Seems as though we've had a fix since all the discontinued flags just got removed?
Fristi61
Fristi61
Posted on 12 October 17 at 11:59
Yeah, looking at recent winners most of those have been gotten today and yesterday. Seems to be fixed.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 12 October 17 at 12:10
So here's a question: is there any way to avoid starting the title update? I see the unlock ranked achievement. I'm guessing that pops automatically :(
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 12 October 17 at 12:10
Awesome! And very quick work from the Game Info team to have already adjusted the flags toast
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 12 October 17 at 12:13
Proscaline said:
So here's a question: is there any way to avoid starting the title update? I see the unlock ranked achievement. I'm guessing that pops automatically :(
Yep, pops automatically if you meet the requirements.

I bit the bullet and started it. I'm not a completionist whatsoever, so to me it's just a few free achievements. I have no desire to do the grindy ones laugh
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 12 October 17 at 12:31
KBop a doo said:
Awesome! And very quick work from the Game Info team to have already adjusted the flags toast
It helps when the community tells us it is working. smile
ThaHawka
ThaHawka
Posted on 12 October 17 at 22:31
BulletLukey said:
KBop a doo said:
It helps when the community tells us it is working. smile
Sounds like a good "community"! wink

Glad they're working again!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.