TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Alien: Isolation Discussion - Spoiler Free

• Information
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 05:59, Edited on 01 October 17 at 16:00 by Eurydace
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Alien: Isolation, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning3,172,068
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 06:29
    How similar is this to Outlast? About the same with minimal combat?
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118652,360
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 07:55
    Ive not gotten round to outlast yet as but it was gwg so I might play it after alien but fighting the alien itself is pointless its indestructible so its all the other enemies in the game you can fight with only that makes noise which can then attract the alien so combat is rarely the right choice over stealth or running away!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 09:12
    What ive seen of it when it came out the hiding was similar to outlast but i think the alien could sense you better?
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • TopherXPwnsTopherXPwns573,662
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 09:22
    Pretty damn excited to be getting to play this one finally. I grabbed it ages ago and never did start it.
    Twitter.com/topherxpwns
  • JamPound32JamPound321,426,058
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 09:58
    The only Alien game I don't own, worth picking up?

ps i'm a wuss with these types of games so is it worth getting adult diapers as well?
  • EurydaceEurydace652,588
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 15:25
    By all accounts it seems to be excellent!
  • TrapMuzik99TrapMuzik99971,817
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 16:29
    Not really a fan of the genre, but I am going to pick it up. Looks pretty good.
    1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,544,987
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 16:56
    This is the first time since I started participating in the Playlist where I don't own the game. I've got plenty of spoopy games in my "to play cos it's scary" pile this month as it is, but if enough of you guys end up enjoying and recommending it I guess I'll add this too. smile
    My favourite colour is red
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,096,573
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:01
    JamP0und32 said:
    The only Alien game I don't own, worth picking up?

ps i'm a wuss with these types of games so is it worth getting adult diapers as well?
    We can hold hands and play 2p1c?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Stealth DavidStealth David3,858,310
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:04
    Is this better than colonial marines?
    Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
  • Shad0wdarShad0wdar534,988
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:15
    As someone who is easily frightened by horror and scary ish games, would this be something I might be able to play or is it too extreme?
    Beep Boop
  • Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:15
    Ill probably skip this month. I'm just so terrible at stealth titles lol. I have Outlast, which I haven't touched still, maybe ill play that instead
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:28, Edited on 01 October 17 at 17:48 by Callidus Orsus
    Honestly, it's not that bad. Without spoiling anything, you'll get use to the Alien and start to learn how it behaves. It's smart, sure, but you'll eventually start learning what you should and shouldn't do when it's around. That said, if it's your first time playing, I wouldn't recommend playing at night with the lights off laugh

Pro Tip: Don't sprint. Ever. ->

If you want specifics, feel free to PM me. I've already 100% the game, so I've picked up some tips along the way.
  • CornerscoutCornerscout617,470
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:31
    I have to sit this one out because I don't own Alien: Isolation. cry

Guess that gives me time to work on other games at least.
    You should check out my subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamerscore/
  • UlkeshUlkesh1,179,207
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:34
    A surprisingly good game. It's not terribly scary as you're always aware that the Alien is around and hunting you, it's really more of a stealth game. Hope everyone will enjoy it!
  • NateCCRNNateCCRN441,261
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 17:40
    To anyone on the fence about this game and the roller coaster ride that the Aliens franchise has been on: GET IT! It is hands down one of the best Survival Horror games on the ONE. Beware though, it is a pretty long completion.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,996
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 18:01
    Jay Insomniak said:
    I've got plenty of spoopy games in my "to play cos it's scary" pile this month as it is
    Spoopy games are my favourite

Stealth David said:
    Is this better than colonial marines?
    Literally everything is
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Redd FiveRedd Five1,073,150
    Posted on 01 October 17 at 18:57
    I'm in the minority that did not enjoy this game. I think I just don't like stealth games very much. Hiding in lockers just isn't fun for me!
  • Posted on 01 October 17 at 19:05
    This will motivate me to conquer my fears and complete the game. Gonna restart since I've haven't played it in forever.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads