TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Alien: Isolation Discussion - Spoilers

AuthorMessage
Posted on 01 October 17 at 05:59, Edited on 01 October 17 at 16:01 by Eurydace
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Alien: Isolation and assume anything goes in here.
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 01 October 17 at 19:50
RIP Axel. Though, I assumed he wasn't going to survive.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 01 October 17 at 20:34
Spoilers!

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Fear is the mindkiller.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 October 17 at 22:40
The game's ending implied a sequel. I don't think it sold well enough, though, and AFAIK no follow-on game is planned. Pity. You never find out if Amanda is rescued or finds herself in deeper s---.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 01 October 17 at 23:00
Allgorhythm said:
The game's ending implied a sequel. I don't think it sold well enough, though, and AFAIK no follow-on game is planned. Pity. You never find out if Amanda is rescued or finds herself in deeper s---.
The Ripley girls appear to be cursed so I'm guessing the latter
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 October 17 at 23:14
ChewieOnIce said:
Allgorhythm said:
The Ripley girls appear to be cursed so I'm guessing the latter
I think, if there had been or were to be a sequel, it would almost certainly have been the latter.
SubtleEel4
SubtleEel4
Posted on 03 October 17 at 15:41
So... There are two spoilers threads. Is this what we're going with?
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:08
SubtleEel4 said:
I think this is the right thread--the other one has been locked.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:27
Allgorhythm said:
SubtleEel4 said:
I think this is the right thread--the other one has been locked.
Yeah, it just links back to this thread.

Would like to see a sequel, but unsure if it would ever come. Would certainly be the latter laugh
Fear is the mindkiller.
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:32
A sequel to this game could be nice if done right as this one was with love and great attention to the original source material my only fear is overdoing this franchise as the films clearly have by this point with any sequel, prequel spin off they attempt really not being as well received as the original and the second more action themed one I guess.
SubtleEel4
SubtleEel4
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:32
I've heard some people complain about how you are wandering around in an empty base for 1/3 of the game, but I think this works. You start to get nervous that something's going to happen, and it builds the suspense. It's like the old monster movies, don't reveal the monster too soon and you get a better payoff.
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:36
SubtleEel4 said:
I've heard some people complain about how you are wandering around in an empty base for 1/3 of the game, but I think this works. You start to get nervous that something's going to happen, and it builds the suspense. It's like the old monster movies, don't reveal the monster too soon and you get a better payoff.
Very true, one of the strengths of the game is the suspense, atmosphere, and environment. Gotta build it up.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:59
SubtleEel4 said:
I don't consider it wandering. I consider it exploring. And, it's like you say, you have a sense of uneasiness so you're trying to understand the lay of the land so you can best react when you have to.

To an adrenaline junky, stealth games are an acquired taste. In an action game, you always want to be 'doing' something, In a stealth game, you often spend more of your time just finding out about things and staying undetected. But, when you do acquire the taste to sip your drink rather than gulp it down, a good stealth game can be a very rewarding experience. Here, for example, you are outmatched. You cannot defeat the alien - you must outthink it. Although humans and androids can be defeated, you can't just face them head on guns blazing as if this were an action game.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 04 October 17 at 02:57
Cylon 118 said:
A sequel to this game could be nice if done right as this one was with love and great attention to the original source material my only fear is overdoing this franchise as the films clearly have by this point with any sequel, prequel spin off they attempt really not being as well received as the original and the second more action themed one I guess.
I would love to see a sequel. This game is awesome but honestly the story is weak, Amanda found out what happened to her Mom, her tale is done. Have her die early in the second as a shock and then just have someone she’s with be the main character. I would like to see an outdoor setting, maybe a swamp. Personally, I wouldn’t want to see more action. I really enjoyed the survivor aspect. It’s not an alien it’s THE alien, you shouldn’t be able to kill it unless it’s extreme overkill like blowing up the planet to do so.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:28
SubtleEel4 said:
I don’t believe its the first 1/3 of the game but I get what they’re say I just don’t agree with it. You’re absolutely right the beginning section of the game just builds suspense, where’s the alien? They don’t show it, a tease here and a tease there. Another great thing they did is when you first get to play with the alien it’s one of the more difficult parts. It made me think every time I see the alien it’s going to be a long hard constantly hiding stretch. Just raised the tension even more early in the game.
Cylon 118
Cylon 118
Posted on 04 October 17 at 06:16
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Cylon 118 said:
I would love to see a sequel. This game is awesome but honestly the story is weak, Amanda found out what happened to her Mom, her tale is done. Have her die early in the second as a shock and then just have someone she’s with be the main character. I would like to see an outdoor setting, maybe a swamp. Personally, I wouldn’t want to see more action. I really enjoyed the survivor aspect. It’s not an alien it’s THE alien, you shouldn’t be able to kill it unless it’s extreme overkill like blowing up the planet to do so.
Yes nuking them from orbit really is the only way to be sure!wink
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 04 October 17 at 06:26
Cylon 118 said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Cylon 118 said:
Yes nuking them from orbit really is the only way to be sure!wink
Just make sure you do a full sweep of your own ship when you do...
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
SubtleEel4
SubtleEel4
Posted on 04 October 17 at 07:04
My first playthrough I didn't know when or where the Alien would appear, so I spent all of the alone parts sneaking around nervously, and when I finally had to deal with the alien, I remember freaking out constantly waiting for the stupid save game machine to boot up, expecting to get an alien tail through the chest.
Mia Archibald
Mia Archibald
Posted on 04 October 17 at 07:09
ChewieOnIce said:
Just make sure you do a full sweep of your own ship when you do...
And probably perfom MRI scans on everyone including cats afterwards.

On a side note: I was glad for yesterday's TA Cuphead stream. The cheerful background music and cute animations helped lowering my blood pressure after playing a couple of story missions in Alien: Isolation.

For some reason the alien refused to chomp into the humans blocking an elevator at the end of mission 3. So much for scripted death of opponents roll
Math is the only place where you can buy 60 watermelons and no one questions you.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 04 October 17 at 13:15
Yeah I think it would be smart to leave things where they are and not tarnish the success with a 2nd game.
See You Space Cowboy...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.