Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto V (JP) Forum

Got the JP version for free

AuthorMessage
PuRe Pretzel
PuRe Pretzel
Posted on 02 October 17 at 07:14
Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I got this version for free because I already digitally own the main version. I switched my Xbox region for free and the Japanese version showed up in my ready to install!
twitter.com/jay_smith
NiksobilS
167,335 167,335 GamerScore
NiksobilS
Posted on 16 November 17 at 21:46
Oh, thanks, man for this lifehack
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 21 November 17 at 09:04
That didn't work for me. But I was able to buy GTA V (JP) from the Japanese Live Store even though it's rated Cero-Z, but I had to buy it through one of the bundles with Shark Card, but that's on Black Friday sale now. I had to use my Microsoft balance to buy it, I had enough YEN left over from another purchase.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 24 March 18 at 20:39
Has anyone else tried this?
Bedholm
Bedholm
Posted on 17 May 18 at 09:49
Yeah, don't have the regular version installed and switch to jp marketplace and find GTA v and install it. It should be the jp version that gets installed.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 May 18 at 19:50
Bedholm said:
Yeah, don't have the regular version installed and switch to jp marketplace and find GTA v and install it. It should be the jp version that gets installed.
That's not true! that does not work
Bedholm
Bedholm
Posted on 18 June 18 at 04:44
it worked for me maybe it glitched out though. Sorry, it doesn't always work.
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 02 July 18 at 11:54
Bedholm said:
Did you buy the game with a shark card bundle when you originally bought it? If so, that may be why you're able to download the JPN version.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 02 July 18 at 23:00
Freakris said:
Bedholm said:
Did you buy the game with a shark card bundle when you originally bought it? If so, that may be why you're able to download the JPN version.
Why would that matter?
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 29 December 18 at 10:07, Edited on 29 December 18 at 10:07 by zeldafanjtl
Got to try this myself finally. Didn’t work.

Amazon had a promotion a week ago where digital codes for this game were $15, and you’d get a $15 Amazon credit after purchasing, effectively making it free.

I claimed my code, already having had the game installed from owning it on disc. I switched my console’s country to Japan, and the JP version didn’t appear in Ready to Install. Tried looking in the marketplace. I found a listing for the JP version, but it was showing as 5400 Yen rather than owned.

I haven’t tried uninstalling the international version to see if it’ll let me install the JP version, but I doubt it.
NiksobilS
167,335 167,335 GamerScore
NiksobilS
Posted on 08 July 19 at 07:23
Okay, it's really works. Just change region console to Japan, restart console and then find GTA V in the Store. Press "Install" and you'll see another GTA is downloading.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 11 July 19 at 22:05
Still doesn't work for me. The Japanese version has a price tag.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.