Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Select Xbox Insiders Can Now Gift Digital Xbox One Games

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:28
Gift any digital Xbox One game to your friends and family

Please click here to read the story: Select Xbox Insiders Can Now Gift Digital Xbox One Games
HeavyAgent 007
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:39
Nice!
LilDillyMooples
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:42
I have the ability to send gifts, don't know who i'd send a gift to though.
TheWelshScot
TheWelshScot
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:44
Would be better if i could gift game licence of game i no longer play.. take off me and give to someone else.. instead of buying it for them.. i would rather just give them the money to get a game instead of going through the hassle of sending it and them redeeming it..
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:46
LilDillyMooples said:
Send to me laugh just kidding.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 02 October 17 at 16:54
That's really an awesome feature that I will probably use a lot, so happy! smile
DARK 777
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:12, Edited on 02 October 17 at 17:18 by Lyzyrd
I'm in the Alpha ring and was able to do this Friday or Saturday, but by Saturday evening the option went away. Is it back now?

Unfortunately, the only way to send the gift code is through email. I would prefer options that send directly to the GamerTag, since kids may not have email addresses. I would also like the option to send ME the code so I can gift it at my convenience at a later date (buy during sale, but give during Birthday, etc). Maybe a feature to delay delivery to a specific date.
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:14
LilDillyMooples said:
This is great for families, so you can gift a code to your kids without having to add money to their account, which could be wasted, since you can only deposit whole dollar amounts.
Items that are account bound, like in-game currency (Steel for For Honor) for example HAS to be redeemed on the account using it. So I can gift my kids directly instead of having to load money on their account, or worse, add a payment option to their account.

Also, there is a load of games I would like that I want you to send to me.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:20
Please PM me for my email address.

Looking for games on: LuckyConquerer2's Blog
My posts are often sarcastic.
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:25, Edited on 02 October 17 at 17:25 by Lyzyrd
LuckyConquerer2 said:

You can gift to a gamertag, but it sends it to the account's email address. Or you can gift to the email address directly, if known.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:30
Lyzyrd said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:

You can gift to a gamertag, but it sends it to the account's email address. Or you can gift to the email address directly, if known.
Send me games, then. wink

Pre-orders are also accepted.
My posts are often sarcastic.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:34
Yea good question I'm not seeing it anymore either.
K4rn4ge
K4rn4ge
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:34
Very cool!
Follow & watch http://www.twitch.tv/karnage where I stream a wide variety of games and do loads of game giveaways!
Einhander
Einhander
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:37
WOW
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:42
sweet, now i can gift someone a 60$ game instead of just giving them 10$ to go buy it somewhere else at the non microsoft price.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:48
Now I wonder if I have any friends in Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon laugh
Skunkie
Skunkie
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:52
Super useful! Very glad to see this coming.
FishOnXBL
FishOnXBL
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:56
If anyone's feeling generous... *raises hand* laugh
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:57
i have the option on my dash to gift games, might not use it a lot, but will be useful if/when my daughter wants a game or dlc?(not sure re if we can gift dlc at mo)

i can buy it and send as a gift. that way i assume i get the xbox live/bing reward points. because at the moment she uses my card directly herself and i don't get any benefit.

so will look to see if can gift dlc and to see also if i get the rewards.

and i'm also open to receiving giftsclap

rock
Jappe
Jappe
Posted on 02 October 17 at 17:57, Edited on 02 October 17 at 17:58 by Jappe
TheWelshScot said:
Would be better if i could gift game licence of game i no longer play.. take off me and give to someone else.. instead of buying it for them.. i would rather just give them the money to get a game instead of going through the hassle of sending it and them redeeming it..
I second this. Then we can form a grop of 10 people and pay only one 10th of the price of an ID game and when one person finishes the game they'll gift the license to the next one. I like your thinking.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.