AuthorMessage
Nexus Grunt
Nexus Grunt
Posted on 02 October 17 at 18:58
Seventh heaven for Forza fans everywhere

Please click here to read the story: Forza Motorsport 7 Review
TransAmConnor
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:06
And the worst part, those loot crates are going to be purchasable with real money later this year.
paintballgirl
paintballgirl
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:09
I'm surprised that there's no mention of the fact that they pulled a bait and switch with VIP bonuses only being used for 25 races instead of a permanent boost.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:13
I think I'll be getting just the regular edition this time around.
From escapism to Weltschmerz and back again
CanadianLooni
CanadianLooni
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:17, Edited on 02 October 17 at 19:18 by CanadianLooni
With all of the other big players in the racing genre upping their game this year, it feels like Forza Motorsport is playing catch-up with those other titles.
Totally agree. In addition, I feel like Turn10 is focusing on stuff that doesn't really make the racing experience better. I think the amount of time spent making driver cosmetics in a *racing game* is a waste. Seeing a racer with a skull or clown mask on just seems a bit silly and would fit better in the Horizon series. It's just totally out of place here. It's clearly been put in place to provide a reason for the loot crates. I've been a huge fan of the Motorsport series since 2, and as good as this game looks from a gameplay perspective, I'm not sure if I really want to play it.
AtlantisRhythm
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:19
Can't decide if this is a 2* or 5*. The visuals and gameplay are amazing but the nerfed VIP, more focus on loot crates and mods, butchered multiplayer and completely pointless collectable gear makes me a bit queasy after spending so much on the UE.

Been VIP across all Forzas since FM3, pre-ordered nearly all of them. Going to be really cautious for Horizon 4.

But driving is great, that's what counts right?
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:20
Limiting what you can and cant do to a car for a race to have it meet requirements (the homologation) is what put me off this time around, horizon 3's freedom has spoiled me.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
MasTRE007
MasTRE007
Posted on 02 October 17 at 19:26
They watered it down, not sure why you'd pick this over FH at this point -- no longer shows you your friends' times to beat per-lap, no more visible dirty lap flag (you can just cut corners - no problem!), doesn't seem like you need to plan going thru water puddles anymore -- now it's just a vibration that doesn't affect your trajectory much, can't tune the car (ok this *may* be good from a sim perspective, but together with the other changes that are anti-sim, it's just silly). Bummed, hope that GT Sport on PSN will provide a better experience.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 02 October 17 at 20:03, Edited on 02 October 17 at 20:05 by FightingMegaFoo
What's absolutely mind boggling to me is that Forza 6 added 82 new cars to the series, but with 7's 700+ cars there are only at most 61 new cars (depending on what they did with the 30 cars they didn't reveal previously, which is probably closer to 40 than 61 cry)
Donut Trump
Donut Trump
Posted on 02 October 17 at 21:01
No hot lapping with ghost cars and the leaderboards are useless. . Why take away features that are enjoyable to many?
Nekro Neko
Nekro Neko
Posted on 02 October 17 at 21:14
No mention of the fact that there are no Toyotas?
www.cyberscore.me.uk
Heazie Farts
Posted on 02 October 17 at 21:50
Only 10 hours for a review on a game like this?

Yuck.
I approve of this message.
MaurickShepherd
Posted on 02 October 17 at 21:51
I have absolutely no problem with microtransactions, cosmetic DLC and all the sort as long as the base game is rock solid and filled with enough content that I could play the game without feeling the need to buy more due to a dearth of content.

Based on my experience with Turn 10, I don't think I'll have a problem!
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 02 October 17 at 22:08
I'll probably wait until the price comes down, like I usually do for games like this.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 02 October 17 at 22:12
Surprised that the VIP con they pulled isn't mentioned as a negative. Also those loot crate that are destroying gaming.

10 hours seems short for a game that can take 100 hours plus to play most of the content. I hope people boycott these kinds of anti-consumer games but too many kids with their parents card spending it on these obnoxious loot crate for this BS to ever stop.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
BanjoRebel
BanjoRebel
Posted on 02 October 17 at 22:12
However, as great as its racing pedigree is, at times it feels like it is beginning to drift a little from the true racing line.
There's this (which was becoming obvious to me from that latest cringe-worthy trailer), lack of tracks (200+ different LAYOUTS doesn't mean different tracks, and anyone paying attention to track racers should know PC2 has far more different tracks than FM7) & Project CARS 2 seemingly being nothing but an improvement over PC1 (which is my favorite track racing game). Plus, who cares about how many cars there are? 700+ & most people will probably only ever use 2-3% of that in their time with the game. Not a big selling point any longer.

Bye-bye, FM. I'll be looking at you from Project CARS 2's rear-view mirror when I pick that up. I'm ultimately heart-broken to say goodbye to FM as I started playing with the original what feels like a lifetime ago, but I can't do these games anymore. They've lost all their heart.
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 02 October 17 at 22:26
AtlantisRhythm said:
Can't decide if this is a 2* or 5*. The visuals and gameplay are amazing but the nerfed VIP, more focus on loot crates and mods, butchered multiplayer and completely pointless collectable gear makes me a bit queasy after spending so much on the UE.

Been VIP across all Forzas since FM3, pre-ordered nearly all of them. Going to be really cautious for Horizon 4.

But driving is great, that's what counts right?
Don't be cautious with Horizon 4 (if/when that happens). Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon may share the same name, but they're from two different developers. Turn 10 collaborates with Playground Games to create the Horizon games, but I'm not too sure to what extent. Horizon 2 was one of the best racing games I've played, and they somehow topped that with Horizon 3 which is, imo, the best racing game, if not the best game period, on Xbox One. Plus with the fantastic DLC Playground Games has put out for Horizon 3, I don't doubt that Horizon 4 will be phenomenal.

But about FM7, it seems they're getting too arcade-y now and moving away from a true racing sim, which is what Project Cars 2 nailed down. Maybe they're just trying to find a way to please both hardcore racing sim gamers and arcade racing gamers?
Sol76
Sol76
Posted on 02 October 17 at 23:13
I share the opnions completely , the graphics are great , the driving is the best in the series. But somehow it feels less motorsport and more Horizon. What happened with manual upgrading your car to fit the racing class? Homologation is completely automated and only with a workaround you can manually pick your upgrades. As mentioned , the collectible gear feels out of place , a menu to change your overalls and color is fine , but the xx ammount of gear to collect is really pointless. Not to mention the VIP brainfart ... 20€ for a couple of consumables that only give a 25 races benefit and a couple of cars? In previous games it gave you some value , now it is the worst investment I could think of.
As a driving game it is near perfect , this Forza as part of the motorsport franchise .... I am really freaked about Forza 8 because of the direction they went with 7. Let Horizon be the arcade part of Forza , and Motorsport the more sim like racer. Just how it was intended.
iceman00behave
Posted on 03 October 17 at 02:21
matdan said:
Also those loot crate that are destroying gaming.
Amen to that. Getting tired of seeing them, and they're now popping up in different kinds of games...many full priced.
Finally gaming on the One.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 03 October 17 at 02:25
good review but I won't be buying it hell would not play it even if it was free turn 10 canstick the microtransactions up there greedy fucking ass.

Microtransactions should be banned in all games
Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.