Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Astrological JRPG Virgo vs the Zodiac Reaches Xbox One Funding Goal

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 October 17 at 00:25
These sprites are made for playing

Please click here to read the story: Astrological JRPG Virgo vs the Zodiac Reaches Xbox One Funding Goal
KNIGHT FANSCOTT
Posted on 03 October 17 at 00:29, Edited on 03 October 17 at 00:30 by KNIGHT FANSCOTT
Awesome game. Gamers make sure you check out this game
KNIGHT FANSCOTT FOLLOW MY TWITTER: @Fanscott1234
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 03 October 17 at 02:07
Looks cute
What can change the nature of a man?
DutRank
DutRank
Posted on 03 October 17 at 05:52
How original. /s
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 03 October 17 at 06:09
Wonder how much they paid PC Gamer to say it had "stunning sprites".

I'll give it a try when it comes out but I'm not that impressed with the trailer.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 03 October 17 at 08:17
The more I think about it, the more I think RPGs like this may not be for me.
Legohead 1977
Ctrl Alt Boot
Ctrl Alt Boot
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:11
Outsider Fenix said:
How original. /s
I mean it's not particularly unoriginal...
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 03 October 17 at 15:05, Edited on 03 October 17 at 20:00 by Allgorhythm
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Wonder how much they paid PC Gamer to say it had "stunning sprites".

I'll give it a try when it comes out but I'm not that impressed with the trailer.
I took a look at it when it was announced on Fig and, later, played a pre-alpha demo. In my opinion, it is not a JRPG. It is turn based so it just leverages the misconception that turn-based = JRPG. In fact, the combat is more reminiscent of the western RPG, Bard's Tale (1985), than an early sprite based Final Fantasy game.

The developer is Brazilian and the game will support three languages--Portuguese, English, & Chinese. So, even though there is a sizable Japanese presence in Brazil, Japanese is not one of the languages supported. A game does not have to be in Japanese to exhibit the stylistic criteria of a JRPG. Nevertheless, I find it odd that Chinese is supported and Japanese is not in a self-proclaimed JRPG.

I'm not saying the game is not going to be good - I'm just saying it's not a JRPG. I did back it on Fig. The pre-alpha demo showed some promise. For one thing, I really liked the music. Also, I think the astrological theme is interesting.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:19
Really cute indeed!
DARK 777
Marcus BWFC
Marcus BWFC
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:02
Chibi 2D is bleh. The artwork seemed cool till I saw actual gameplay, then it just seemed mobile/browser game
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 04 October 17 at 11:06
pass i want more jrpg's on xbox but not with crappy graphics
Goggs25
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 04 October 17 at 13:58
Goggs25 said:
pass i want more jrpg's on xbox but not with crappy graphics
It's not a JRPG--it's just marketing itself as one. With regards to the graphics, the overall gameplay is retro sprite based. However, it is interspersed with some pretty good visuals. I played a pre-alpha version and it had some pretty good art in it. Hopefully, the released version will have much more.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.