The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 3rd, 2017

AuthorMessage
Darth Knight
Darth Knight
Posted on 03 October 17 at 11:25
Warner Bros games are always more expensive outside the US, something to do with taxes I think I read. Still ill still get star wars since its only a tenner.
Beep Boop
superniceguy
superniceguy
Posted on 03 October 17 at 11:48
BanjoRebel said:
Crippy D said:
I picked up Mad Max as I've been wanting to try that for a while but didn't want to pay the price.
I'm saving my game pass trial for when I want to play it so I don't have to pay. wink
Mad Max may get removed from game pass next month.
quiettime3
quiettime3
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:01
Been debating picking up some US currency cards for a while, looking at this sale it looks like this would be the time to do it! I've been eyeing Scrabble for a while and wishing it was available in the UK, plus the difference on price for those LEGO games means I might even have enough left over to splash on Energy Cycle too.
ParadoxReal8
ParadoxReal8
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:05
2 Kombat pack 2 at 2 differents prices?
Mirage8531
Mirage8531
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:14
Mad Max was a great game, everyone should check it out if you like open world games. For $5, its a steal!
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:36
quiettime3 said:
Been debating picking up some US currency cards for a while, looking at this sale it looks like this would be the time to do it!
I just did precisely that after noticing this morning how much cheaper Lego Star Wars and Mad Max were in the US.

Having problems redeeming them at the moment, but that seems to be an issue with aspects of the MS websites more generally. If all else fails, I'll just region switch on the console when I get home later and do it that way.

I think the comments about it being a Warner Bros issue must be right. I picked up Batman Arkham Knight when it was on sale a few months ago and that was considerably cheaper on the US marketplace than in the UK - not just a dodgy exchange rate issue.
zico291
zico291
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:43, Edited on 03 October 17 at 12:43 by zico291
Lurking Lawyer said:
quiettime3 said:
Been debating picking up some US currency cards for a while, looking at this sale it looks like this would be the time to do it!
I just did precisely that after noticing this morning how much cheaper Lego Star Wars and Mad Max were in the US.

Having problems redeeming them at the moment, but that seems to be an issue with aspects of the MS websites more generally. If all else fails, I'll just region switch on the console when I get home later and do it that way.

I think the comments about it being a Warner Bros issue must be right. I picked up Batman Arkham Knight when it was on sale a few months ago and that was considerably cheaper on the US marketplace than in the UK - not just a dodgy exchange rate issue.
Where are you buying the codes from if you don't mind me asking? I have been thinking about doing this for a while, only thing stopping me is I don't want to get banned.
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:47
Amazon. I just entered a US address (I have in-laws there so used theirs - but you can google any address) and paid with my usual UK payment card.

Offgamers also sell them.

No risk of getting banned. The MS mantra has been that if you have a valid payment means, you can buy from any region you choose. They've made it harder to redeem credit for anything other than your own region but you can still do it through the console or by choosing the Redeem a code option at the payment stage if you're buying through the website.
SchiZoPHreNiikz
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:47
Spec Ops; The Line for me! Super fun and unique. Used to own it YEARS ago, but lent it to a friend and never got it back. Only three achievements left to mop up.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 03 October 17 at 12:57
MugenKairo said:
I hate seeing the discounts then clicking on the link to find these are Gold only... Hitman would have been nice...
... With the free games you get via gold... It's worth it...
LLH20
LLH20
Posted on 03 October 17 at 13:05
Mirage8531 said:
Mad Max was a great game, everyone should check it out if you like open world games. For $5, its a steal!
totally agree if u like farcry this is also good
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 03 October 17 at 13:58
Oh man Warner Bros is on my publisher blacklist but damn that Lego Worlds price looks good. Quick someone tell me something bad about it so I wait and get it used on disk bahhhh facepalm
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 03 October 17 at 14:41
SheBeatsYou said:
Oh man Warner Bros is on my publisher blacklist but damn that Lego Worlds price looks good. Quick someone tell me something bad about it so I wait and get it used on disk bahhhh facepalm
It's the most excited I've ever been for a Lego game and the most disappointed I've been with a Lego game. I'm not just saying that
NegativeCreep08
Posted on 03 October 17 at 16:33
I'd definitely recommend Child of Light, at first glance it may look like it's aimed at younger gamers but it's a beautiful game with a story that's genuinely touching at times
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 03 October 17 at 16:42, Edited on 03 October 17 at 16:43 by SheBeatsYou
KenH2k4 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
It's the most excited I've ever been for a Lego game and the most disappointed I've been with a Lego game. I'm not just saying that
I read quite a few reviews saying that and many saying its still a buggy mess. Its $17 used atm so it wont be long before I can grab a physical copy for the same price. I appreciate not having to sell my soul to WB games today. TYVM clap
The Globalizer
Posted on 03 October 17 at 16:48
Nice week.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:10
Lots of season passes for games I don't have..
DARK 777
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:21
RadicalKoopa said:
Wondering if I should treat myself to demons crystals or a box of Timbits.
Nice way of seeing things. I watched some vids of Demons Crystal and I shall choose the Timbits.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
BAYTAN ONE
BAYTAN ONE
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:22
Someone has also a problem to buy Valiant hearts? I still have the price without the discount!!
For Child of Light no problem.
Nick S Admin
Nick S Admin
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:39
Hmm Shadow of Mordor season pass may be a nice deal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.