AuthorMessage
xCRiMZoNx
xCRiMZoNx
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:44
The only game I'm tempted by is Hitman!
fatDaddy21
fatDaddy21
Posted on 03 October 17 at 18:28
Good price for Batman: Arkham Knight? I remember reading at launch that the game was a bit horked. Loved the other Batman games and my backlog is huge, so I can wait for another price drop (since I'll be picking Mad Max up in this sale already).
Bisquit base
Bisquit base
Posted on 03 October 17 at 18:57
zico291 said:
Lurking Lawyer said:
quiettime3 said:
Been debating picking up some US currency cards for a while, looking at this sale it looks like this would be the time to do it!
I just did precisely that after noticing this morning how much cheaper Lego Star Wars and Mad Max were in the US.

Having problems redeeming them at the moment, but that seems to be an issue with aspects of the MS websites more generally. If all else fails, I'll just region switch on the console when I get home later and do it that way.

I think the comments about it being a Warner Bros issue must be right. I picked up Batman Arkham Knight when it was on sale a few months ago and that was considerably cheaper on the US marketplace than in the UK - not just a dodgy exchange rate issue.
Where are you buying the codes from if you don't mind me asking? I have been thinking about doing this for a while, only thing stopping me is I don't want to get banned.
How are you going to get banned? You're not exploiting any loop-holes to bag cheaper games, just using a feature on the system. I've been buying using foreign currencies from the UK ever since I owned a One.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:22, Edited on 03 October 17 at 19:24 by KenH2k4
Bisquit base said:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

How are you going to get banned? You're not exploiting any loop-holes to bag cheaper games, just using a feature on the system. I've been buying using foreign currencies from the UK ever since I owned a One.
There are people that have banned in the past for buying stolen codes from shady websites. They could also be lying
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:32, Edited on 03 October 17 at 20:32 by Lurking Lawyer
KenH2k4 said:
Bisquit base said:

There are people that have banned in the past for buying stolen codes from shady websites. They could also be lying
Oh yeah, Amazon is well shady. Get a grip, man. No one is suggesting buying game codes from shonky websites - just buying gift cards from established retailers then using the credit to buy via other marketplaces.

Who is the "they" you are suggesting could be lying? Me and the other people who have posted here about buying out of market? I do hope you're not suggesting that....
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:14
I have the first dlc for Inquisition but it looks like buying the dlc pack is going to be the best option.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
Haarz Leandro
Haarz Leandro
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:55
One week more without FH3 Hot Wheels expansion on sale... nothing to me this time.
No one knows me and neither do I...
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 03 October 17 at 22:04
Dragon Age Inquisition goty bundle for £8 sounds good to me, will get the lego season passes too.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 04 October 17 at 00:40, Edited on 04 October 17 at 00:41 by HolyHalfDead
Bisquit base said:
You are right, it is perfectly acceptable to do this on the Xbox One as it is a region free console (except for China).

The 360 was a little bit different as some of the content was region locked, and if you spoofed your IP address to get it then you were entering a grey area. It was also harder to do on the 360 as you could only buy from the region your account was in and some NTSC and NTSC-J games would not run on PAL consoles and vice-versa.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:29
I can't stand people complaining about region differences when you can get around it or deals not being on GOLD. Um if you have a SILVER account you should not even be looking to purchase games. I'm always dumbfounded by all this.
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 04 October 17 at 04:16
fatDaddy21 said:
Good price for Batman: Arkham Knight? I remember reading at launch that the game was a bit horked. Loved the other Batman games and my backlog is huge, so I can wait for another price drop (since I'll be picking Mad Max up in this sale already).
That was only on the PC, which was practically unplayable on release. Console is fine!
Say everything with a smile
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 04 October 17 at 05:16
Lurking Lawyer said:
KenH2k4 said:
Bisquit base said:

Oh yeah, Amazon is well shady. Get a grip, man. No one is suggesting buying game codes from shonky websites - just buying gift cards from established retailers then using the credit to buy via other marketplaces.

Who is the "they" you are suggesting could be lying? Me and the other people who have posted here about buying out of market? I do hope you're not suggesting that....
Easy dude I said nothing about Amazon. A few years ago people were banned for marketplace theft and blamed it on codes bought from some website in the U.K. That's who I meant might be lying. Sorry I hurt your feelings
Lurking Lawyer
Posted on 04 October 17 at 12:55
Fair enough - my misunderstanding :)

Marketplace theft was a 360 issue. It's a free for all on X1, if you can find a way to pay and buy out of region.
Jon81D
Jon81D
Posted on 04 October 17 at 13:48
HolyHalfDead said:
Supply and demand. There are more people in the US. There are more used copies of the Lego games. The price of the used copies is lower. The digital price is reduced in every country to compete. There is no need to reduce the digital price as much in other countries.

You get paid far more than they do in the US, so what takes them an hour to earn, you can earn in half an hour, but since your shopkeeper is also paid twice as much, they have to charge twice as much for their goods. So at the end of the day you are paying almost the same price in your country as they do in the US.

Or you could just change the region on the store and pay for games in US dollars.
Your argument whilst fair, doesn't work in my opinion. If what you said was true, you would see a similar trend on all games and not just the Lego games. The price in pounds on all other games in this sale is the same in dollars or lower (in most cases lower) and this reflects the exchange rate and in the case of the ones where the price is the same/similar then this could be due to what you have argued. In the case of the Lego games, the price in pounds is significantly higher than the price in dollars e.g Lego Marvel deluxe - $12.00/£19.20 (60% up on the price in dollars) vs Bioshock (for example) where the price is $30/£22.50 (25% less than the price in dollars). This huge discrepancy is usually only seen in Lego games and again only digitally. If you check out the UK and US versions of Amazon too, you will see the prices Brand new are $22.99/£17.89, which reinforces the fact that this pricing is unfair. You are quite correct that you could buy American currency cards etc, but you wouldn't need to, if the prices followed the trends of almost every other digital game.
foreverzerov2
foreverzerov2
Posted on 04 October 17 at 19:28
grabbed up force awakens debating mortal kombat.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 04 October 17 at 21:54
Some tempting sales here, though I still won't buy anything: too many games on my backlog. I don't want to add anymore.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 04 October 17 at 23:58
Super Cloudburst, Furi, the Lego season passes and Zenith for me!
Matty Heals
Matty Heals
Posted on 05 October 17 at 04:31
Glad I had $10US in my account.
LEGO Star Wars 7 & Mad Max -$5 each is a bargain.
The AUD price is an absolute ripoff.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.