Lexual
Lexual
Posted on 03 October 17 at 17:25
Time to get back into the fight, Guardian

Please click here to read the story: Destiny 2 Review
Lanceride
Lanceride
Posted on 03 October 17 at 18:45
I am rather confused by the score. If it is unoriginal and grindy, how does it earn a 4.5? Seems like a really good score accompanied by a review that makes it sound pretty average.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 03 October 17 at 18:56, Edited on 03 October 17 at 19:04 by Elite1111111111
Lanceride said:
I am rather confused by the score. If it is unoriginal and grindy, how does it earn a 4.5? Seems like a really good score accompanied by a review that makes it sound pretty average.
Well being grindy tends to be general evil when it comes to gearscore-ish games, so maybe that doesn't affect their outlook as much as it would for other genres. The game wouldn't have any life without the grind.

In terms of being unoriginal, most people agree that Destiny 1 was better after all the DLC. Unoriginal doesn't necessarily mean stale. Seems more like playing it safe.

Those 2 negatives likely won't mean much to be people that liked the first one, but if they didn't like the first one, those reasons are a turnoff (at least for me). Maybe not things the reviewer necessarily found wrong with the game, just things that could turn some people away.

Personally, I abandoned Destiny 1 without buying any DLC, and repurchased it once the whole thing was $20. Gotta go back for those achievements some time =P. I don't find the game enjoyable enough to pump another $40 into it with each expansion. 'DLC fixed it' isn't really a good excuse, and they might have played it a bit too safe with Destiny 2, but it looks like anyone who liked 1 will definitely like 2.
thisisgman
thisisgman
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:22
Attention! Contacting Destiny Servers.

error code : DESTINY SUCKS
thisisgman
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:28
thisisgman said:

error code : DESTINY SUCKS
laugh
DARK 777
KriSpy CharMZ
KriSpy CharMZ
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:34
I don't understand reviews sometimes. How is "Still very heavily focused on the grind" a bad thing? To me that's perfect because wouldn't you want to indulge yourself into the game longer. When I spend any money on a game I want it to be a grind or else I'll just be bored. Especially a game that's $60. Might as well add that to the Borderland games also. Don't understand how people can be upset with more work to do in a video game. Destiny is supposed to be a grind and complaining about it blows my mind.
Woody Piddle
Woody Piddle
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:38
I dont really like the fact that I started playing a few days late...and ive been stuck at 277 for 4 days and my engram cap actually dropped from 270 to 269 and no wont go any higher...just waiting those 4 days for luminous engrams was stupid and there was no point in me playing the game already having 4 of the main exotics to get
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 03 October 17 at 19:42
It's an MMO - which by the genre means grind, so that can't be a neg or a postive when considering the review. It's a very good game!
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 03 October 17 at 20:28
KriSpy CharMZ said:
Don't understand how people can be upset with more work to do in a video game.
Depends on your tastes. I much prefer a shorter, non-repetitive experience. Those, in my mind, are worth closer to 60$ than a repetitive grindfest.

I will say that it is kinda weird to put that as a negative seeing as that's usually a staple of MMO's, but then again, that is a big reason why I don't play them either.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:10
I contest the "Engaging Plot" point in this review.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:13
Shinnizle said:
KriSpy CharMZ said:
Don't understand how people can be upset with more work to do in a video game.
Depends on your tastes. I much prefer a shorter, non-repetitive experience. Those, in my mind, are worth closer to 60$ than a repetitive grindfest.

I will say that it is kinda weird to put that as a negative seeing as that's usually a staple of MMO's, but then again, that is a big reason why I don't play them either.
That's the way I see it. If you had never heard of the series, and Destiny 2 was your first introduction, knowing that it's grindy is a vital piece of information, especially since it comes off as just a first-person shooter from trailers. To anyone who is familiar with the type of game it is, it might seem like a "d'oh," but it'd probably be more odd to not mention it.

There are also varying levels of "grindy," so I do appreciate talk about how bad/not bad it is in that aspect... I've played games I would consider 100x grindier than comparable games in a similar vein. You know, there's grindy, and then there's grindy laugh
lnfected Cookie
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:26
Game is garbage
No gods or kings,only man.
Moo Moo Dairy
Moo Moo Dairy
Posted on 03 October 17 at 21:46, Edited on 03 October 17 at 21:46 by Moo Moo Dairy

lol no

Out of 10 maybe
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 03 October 17 at 22:07
Moo Moo Dairy said:

lol no

Out of 10 maybe
Buddy you haven't even played the game why are you here rating it?

I avoided the first Destiny because it was a pretty big commitment time wise, but I was always interested in it. I'm seeing so far that this one is a significantly less time investment based on completion times from the first Destiny so I'll probably be picking this up eventually.
Moo Moo Dairy
Moo Moo Dairy
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:08, Edited on 03 October 17 at 23:09 by Moo Moo Dairy
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Moo Moo Dairy said:

lol no

Out of 10 maybe
Buddy you haven't even played the game why are you here rating it?

I avoided the first Destiny because it was a pretty big commitment time wise, but I was always interested in it. I'm seeing so far that this one is a significantly less time investment based on completion times from the first Destiny so I'll probably be picking this up eventually.
Don't open your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.....

I played all I could bother to. I would say it's even worse than the first one, don't know how they managed that.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:10
Woody Piddle said:
I dont really like the fact that I started playing a few days late...and ive been stuck at 277 for 4 days and my engram cap actually dropped from 270 to 269 and no wont go any higher...just waiting those 4 days for luminous engrams was stupid and there was no point in me playing the game already having 4 of the main exotics to get
I was stuck at 277 for quite a while as well. The way the drop system works is really weird, IMO. It seems to 'stick', for lack of a better word, at points and it takes something to 'unstick' it and allow further progression. Maybe change up your loadout and see if that unsticks it?
Outsider Fenix
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:19
Lanceride said:
Because TA has one of the single worst scoring models that makes zero sense.
AbyssArtorias85
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:36
3 positive points and 2 negative points....final score 4.5/5 WTF SERIOUSLY
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:41
Only having 13 achievements made me laugh.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:44
As much as i love this site, I hate it when the score doesnt match the words.

And destiny is not a 4.5/5. It's ok. It's decent. It's fun with friends. But once you have beat the campaign and the raid, there is literally nothing to do but grind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.