Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Sims 4's Launch Day DLC Detailed

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:25
Expect 50 more where that came from

Please click here to read the story: The Sims 4's Launch Day DLC Detailed
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:27
Lol $80 for all the dlc laugh.
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:40
Considering that the game is, what, about $60 in the US and £40 in the UK and expensive enough in other countries then the DLC should frankly be free or a lot cheaper than what they're asking for.

Sodding greedy gits.
I play video games, therefore I am
dudecrazy108
dudecrazy108
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:53
Clearly no one remembers that Sims would put like fucking 15 disc DLC sets out on PC.
Furious Gunman:Let's face it, we all know that dudecrazy108 is the pimp of TA.com
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 03 October 17 at 23:54
Achilles8249 said:
Lol $80 for all the dlc laugh.
This is the Sims business model since the beginning. Smaller "Stuff Packs" back that just add in some more items/clothes, "Game Packs" that add in additional ways to play (along with again new items/clothes to support the new features), and then "Expansion Packs" that could regularly be a game in and of itself offering entirely new gameplay mechanics entirely and tons of new stuff to support the mechanics. I know the prices seem very high, but they are exactly what would a seasoned Sims player would expect and has shown a willingness to pay for.
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 04 October 17 at 00:15
This is a disgusting story, the sad reality of the game industry that day one fucking dlc costs more to buy than the fucking game itself.
If you want the full experience a game has to offer nowadays you have to pay in excess of £100 on release [vomit]

Knowing EA you'll probably buy it and find out there are fucking loot boxes in it as well.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 October 17 at 00:39
DANIELJJ14 said:
This is a disgusting story, the sad reality of the game industry that day one fucking dlc costs more to buy than the fucking game itself.
If you want the full experience a game has to offer nowadays you have to pay in excess of £100 on release [vomit]

Knowing EA you'll probably buy it and find out there are fucking loot boxes in it as well.
laugh Well, your not wrong there!! Those damn loot boxes!
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 04 October 17 at 02:28
I mean, it would be awesome if all this was optional and you didn't have to have it right?!
Marcus BWFC
Marcus BWFC
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:01
Well that's certainly expensive as shit.
NICK 420 707x
NICK 420 707x
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:11
Will the city living expansion have achievements? if not wow what a waste of $.. I am going to miss my xb1 when my gf gets this :(
Nick 420 707x
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 04 October 17 at 03:37, Edited on 04 October 17 at 03:38 by mkdfan1990
This is the one thing that puts me off getting this game on pc or on console. There is such a thing as too much dlc.
Maybe when the Sims 5 is out and there is an ultimate edition of Sims 4 I will bother. Shame really though cause I used to love the sims on console. Bustin Out was the shizz!
Elite1111111111
Posted on 04 October 17 at 05:14
mkdfan1990 said:
This is the one thing that puts me off getting this game on pc or on console. There is such a thing as too much dlc.
Maybe when the Sims 5 is out and there is an ultimate edition of Sims 4 I will bother. Shame really though cause I used to love the sims on console. Bustin Out was the shizz!
The Sims folks aren't ones to make super-mega-ultra editions. At best you can maybe find the game bundled with an expansion or 2.
GamerScoreM4STA
Posted on 04 October 17 at 05:35
They do have 2 different editions of Sims 4 that's coming out. The reg edition and believe the other is party edition, think. Look it up instead of crying over it.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 04 October 17 at 05:40
Off to a good start smile. Hopefully we'll get more expansion packs in the future. This is my favorite series of all time. Can't wait to design houses again clap.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 October 17 at 06:07
GamerScoreM4STA said:
They do have 2 different editions of Sims 4 that's coming out. The reg edition and believe the other is party edition, think. Look it up instead of crying over it.
how are people crying over it?

why would you defend bullshit like this?

sims 4 has been out for 3 yrs and they want to charge max price.

besides having 2-4 different versions of 1 game, they should have 1 version with everything built in it and not just whore it out on dlc.
segagamer
329,106 329,106 GamerScore
segagamer
Posted on 04 October 17 at 06:26
And this game went from day one to "wait for a bundle sale" 🙄🙄🙄
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 04 October 17 at 07:52
This happens with virtually every game release nowadays. A standard edition for £40, a premium edition for £60 and an ultimate edition for £90. They do it and get away with it because us sad saps fall for it every time and let them.
Bobs Logic
Bobs Logic
Posted on 04 October 17 at 11:37
I don't really understand peoples issues with this.

The sims isn't a game where you are intended to buy everything, you buy the bits that you want and leave the rest.

Are you really bothered if your Patio looks amazing, if not then bang, money saved.

A lot of modern games (especially racing games) take this approach, other than a select few people who really bothers with all the car packs in a game like Horizon etc. You grab a few that you like and leave the rest, it gives you choice.

Moaning about this would be like moaning about a film studio releasing it's catalogue on Blu-Ray, nobody is forcing you to buy them all.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 04 October 17 at 13:11
xONLY INHUMANx said:
GamerScoreM4STA said:
how are people crying over it?

why would you defend bullshit like this?

sims 4 has been out for 3 yrs and they want to charge max price.

besides having 2-4 different versions of 1 game, they should have 1 version with everything built in it and not just whore it out on dlc.
You clearly know nothing about the sims. This is the way they've ALWAYS been.
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 04 October 17 at 16:08
Went from a maybe to not a chance in hell. I thought ea had learned from this shit. I mean the titan fall 2 stuff and plants vs zombies was free and they have dlc day 1?! Piss off. The only reason its not in the releases is pure greed and there is no defending that no matter what anyone tells me. No buy
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.