Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two More Artifex Mundi Games Announced for Consoles

• SpilnerSpilner877,575
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 14:28
    Beanpotter said:
    I'd heard kids were expensive...
    The paid DLC and microtransactions are a killer though.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,353,757
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 14:30
    I enjoy the 'Making of' videos too.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,549,395
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 14:42
    Beanpotter said:
    I enjoy the 'Making of' videos too.
    I think you enjoy the training session videos for the making of videos...that is not how it's done!
    Legohead 1977
  • LLboxedLLboxed254,612
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 14:54
    My GF loves their games but I can't play those hidden object games - they drive me crazy.
  • QuemandanteQuemandante1,110,736
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 16:05
    LifeSuxPlayHALO said:
    Dalimbak said:
    60 plus games in their catalogue, keep them coming is what I say smile

And I'm not allowed to play them unless my wife is around, cos she likes to beat me finding stuff in the hidden object scenes.
    LOL!! I think we're married to the same woman.
    wow this must be a wife thing because my wife is the same way, she doesn't really game but she LOVES point and click games, especially these ones with hidden object scenes! laugh
  • planting42planting421,817,932
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 17:39, Edited on 04 October 17 at 17:40 by planting42
    angelsk will be happy laugh

I'm happy for the easy GS but these are turning into cookie cutter games.
  • KylKoKylKo1,216,674
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 17:48, Edited on 04 October 17 at 17:50 by KylKo
    I'm a big fan of these games, but it's starting to look like medieval fantasy and ghosts is all they do. I'd love to see a sci-fi or historical rendition of the formula.
  • Posted on 04 October 17 at 18:33
    I like these games to unwind sometimes, mostly they help me fall asleep. I realize that's damning with faint praise, but being sometimes prone to insomnia, I really do appreciate them!
    I'd say the stories are forgettable but that's probably as much to do with me.
  • planting42planting421,817,932
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 18:50
    StormyAsh0450 said:
    I like these games to unwind sometimes, mostly they help me fall asleep. I realize that's damning with faint praise, but being sometimes prone to insomnia, I really do appreciate them!
    No, the stories are totally forgettable and tend to run into each other. How many times have we rescued someone who was kidnapped because they look like someone else now? I've lost count.
  • Posted on 04 October 17 at 20:05
    planting42 said:
    No, the stories are totally forgettable and tend to run into each other. How many times have we rescued someone who was kidnapped because they look like someone else now? I've lost count.
    Oh good! It's not just me blacking out then. I'm playing one right now as a matter of fact and if I had to summarize it, it would be "Something... something... Fish". But I've fallen asleep to it five times.

I should probably read books instead, but they actually keep me up.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,269,548
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 20:41
    Yeah they ant bad games by any stretch but once you have played one they are all pretty similar. I skipped 99% of the cut scene's and just blitz thru the achs. Playing most twice is a chore because nothing changes on the 2nd playthrough
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,575,523
    Posted on 04 October 17 at 22:33, Edited on 04 October 17 at 22:34 by DANIELJJ14
    planting42 said:
    StormyAsh0450 said:
    What's even more distracting is the fact that it's basically the same woman voicing the main protagonist every single game. I do sort of like them but for god sake get a couple of different voices.

(Obviously sequels must have same voice or that would be equally as dumb)

I also like the second playthrough ones just trying to speedrun them by pure memory is fun.
  • Posted on 04 October 17 at 23:15
    I started enigmatis ghost of maple creek and can't finish it... I have like 2 of their other games... But I struggle to enjoy them...

Maybe one day I'll get into the mood and play and finish them all.
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL721,929
    Posted on 05 October 17 at 07:12
    Dalimbak said:
    And I'm not allowed to play them unless my wife is around, cos she likes to beat me finding stuff in the hidden object scenes.
    Haha, exactly that. Only with a girlfriend in my case. smile
  • angelskangelsk972,269
    Posted on 05 October 17 at 08:44
    planting42 said:
    angelsk will be happy laugh

I'm happy for the easy GS but these are turning into cookie cutter games.
    Well I was just coming here to say YAYS!! So indeed, you are correct.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.