Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Adding the option to change the language of TA site.

AuthorMessage
cenGii91
cenGii91
Posted on 04 October 17 at 21:16
Hi guys,

i've searched the forum for threads, but all i found was specific language support for achievements etc.
Is there any possibility of implementing site languages ? I can imagine that this is probably a lot of work to code or even translate.
I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
Xpovos
Xpovos
Posted on 05 October 17 at 00:31
Sites like Google can provide some machine translations on the fly, but with a site as jargon-heavy as TA, those will likely fail frequently. Adding true language support is an enormous undertaking and there would likely need to be a significant player base to encourage that.
Time not important; only life important.
cenGii91
cenGii91
Posted on 08 October 17 at 12:19
I was thinking about that. So i thought the community would even help to translate. But it is fine with me, i just asked for someone who was interested in registering, but unfortunately his English skills aren't that good enough.

I have to admit that sometimes i need some dictionarys to understand the jargon here laugh
I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
Xpovos
Xpovos
Posted on 11 October 17 at 17:52
I recommend at least asking for a specific language support. TA can't make a decision to add the support unless they know which languages are in the most demand. The site has a lot of folks who provide volunteer support and certainly main pages could be added by those volunteers with language skills so that core functionality would be up.

Getting the forums going would be almost impossible, but maybe the rest would be enough?
Time not important; only life important.
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 11 October 17 at 19:46
I was thinking something similar but for solutions and walkthroughs only (at least to start). Something like small flags representing the available languages for that specific solution/walkthrough so it changes to that language when you click on it (kinda like the sales articles).

I thought this could be implemented like porting walkthroughs so you can pick the top solution and translate it but the credit for the solution is for the original owner.
cenGii91
cenGii91
Posted on 11 October 17 at 22:57
At least probably the menu could be translated or the feed. I don't know how many German players are here, or which of the ethnic minorities are active here, who wish to read the page in their own mother language, but yeah if the site owners really think about that, i would happily be a volunteer translator for German language.
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 12 October 17 at 12:19
Yeah that'd be great! We could also translate the news articles and stuff like that. I'd volunteer to translate whatever is needed to Spanish (Mexico).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.