Game Discussion: Cuphead Forum

Cuphead isn't that hard...

AuthorMessage
DownInFlames85
Posted on 20 November 17 at 01:44
I'm not going to lie and say Cuphead wasn't difficult, but I will agree on the real challenge came with playing it on Expert. The game pushed me through all of my failed attempts to get better. It succeeded, as did I. It's in my top 5 games of the year for sure.
Someday we will foresee obstacles, through the blizzard...
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 21 November 17 at 18:47
What does this game have to do with Dark Souls?
AP
LazyPup28982335
Posted on 23 November 17 at 20:27
It's the Dark Souls of platformers.
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:01
XxxxPLAYBOYxxxX said:
It's the Dark Souls of platformers.
Explain?
AP
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:37
AP 8T8 said:
What does this game have to do with Dark Souls?
When people think of a hard game, they think of Dark Souls (which isn't even that bad). So, a bunch of reviewers and shit said that it was"the Dark Souls of platformers" to say that it was hard. It became a meme because it's a really, really, really stupid comparison even though some still use it unironically
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:53
I get the meme but some of these guys aren't memeing, it's just a really idiotic thing to say. I've played them both and neither have any similarity in difficulty. Cuphead is very twitchy whereas Dark Souls is not. Cuphead is a run n gun/platformer game, Dark Souls is an action-RPG. It's just nonsense.
AP
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 24 November 17 at 21:41, Edited on 24 November 17 at 21:41 by Piston Toyota
Yes, memes are dumb nonsense that should be ignored. I’m glad you’re coming to this conclusion.

“It’s the Dark Souls of X” is just a really lazy observation in general. The worst part is, it’s also totally missing the point of what made Dark Souls interesting and special in the first place. Even if Dark Souls was the easiest game ever made it would still be really interesting and unique, but all people can see is the difficulty. Such a waste.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 31 December 17 at 03:10
The game is great! It's fun! It's also hella hard. But also SOOOO rewarding.

I think THAT's the similarity to Dark Souls, IMO.
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
RadioactiveSkin
Posted on 06 January 18 at 17:57
ITT: People who want to stroke their e-peen over a game.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 21 January 18 at 17:59, Edited on 21 January 18 at 18:00 by LifeExpectancy
Expert mode wasnt tooooooo terrible, but an anchievement for all S ranks??? Nope, fuck that lol. Wally Warbles would ruin that for me single handedly.
RadicalSniper99
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 07 February 18 at 19:53
LifeExpectancy said:
Expert mode wasnt tooooooo terrible, but an anchievement for all S ranks??? Nope, fuck that lol. Wally Warbles would ruin that for me single handedly.
Cagney Carnation on Expert was one of my bugaboos. Wally was rough too though.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 05 June 18 at 23:00
GTASAROCKS88 said:
Over the past few days I played on PC. This still counts because I was using a Xbox One controller. Even though you got others saying this game is "Just Like Dark Souls" it's really not. I have a harder time beating Dark Souls that I do beating this game.

First off, this game has that cartoony feel which makes the game easier to play and doesn't take much of the eyes to see everything. It also provided the fact that in childhood, 1930's or so they had cartoons that depicted the fact that the charaters had hard times fighting their nemisis. This pertains to this game as well, it doesn't change anything except for the fact that it has an easier take on that issue

Secondly, The gameplay I played pushed me to complete the ENTIRE game in one play. It wasn't even difficult, it just had the fact that the aiming and dash plus all the other stuff you purchase at the shop makes it a whole lot easier.

Lastly, Don't play this game, if you have hard times with fighting bosses and what not in other games like this game! It will want to make you commit a murder because for you it'll be so damn hard. But if you find Dark Souls easy and can kill bosses in a timely fashion then play this game. It'll be a troublesome, fun time for you :)

(NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION AND THE RIGHT TO USE FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I'M GOING BY MY OWN PLAYTHROUGH. I'M NOT HATING ON THE GAME, I FIND THE GAME RATHER FUN AND I WANT MORE DLC'S IN THE FUTURE!)
In order to make this claim, shouldn't you have actually played it? It's not on your xbox or steam account, plus you only have 1 joke completion on xbox. This isn't like the old days when people could make up how good they are without having to back it up. When I see your profile, it screams casual.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.