AuthorMessage
Marc Pilkington
Posted on 06 October 17 at 09:23
Find your inner peace... and smash up LEGO bricks with it

Please click here to read the story: The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game Review
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 06 October 17 at 09:50
Man everyone keeps saying this game is short... I'll just wait for a sale because I buy these for my brother and he just blows through them. Sounds like a easier completion than others.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 06 October 17 at 10:01
Shorter is good. Lego games usually take ages to grind through.
Runch Optimus
Runch Optimus
Posted on 06 October 17 at 12:10
Color me intrigued. I'll be sure to pick this one up—when it eventually goes under $10.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 06 October 17 at 14:01
Runch Optimus said:
Color me intrigued. I'll be sure to pick this one up—when it eventually goes under $10.
i second that...im not buying anything on release from now and till black Friday either. (unless its something i REALLY want)
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 06 October 17 at 17:18
I'm another sale purchaser, but the Lego games seem to hold their value for quite a while.
Legohead 1977
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 06 October 17 at 19:58
NawtyCawty said:
Absolutely. That's the main reason the only lego game I've purchased in the last 7 years was The Lego Movie game because it was a 12-15 hour completion compared to the standard 20-30 hour lego game completions. Might end up picking this up when it goes on sale then.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 06 October 17 at 20:20
NawtyCawty said:
True, some Lego games are just too long to be enjoyable!
DARK 777
StormyAsh0450
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 06 October 17 at 21:15
'Formulaic' or not, as long as my kids prefer these games over assassins, snipers, and commandos, I'll keep buying them. I admit I probably like them even more than they do. Simple fun.

The length of these games overall doesn't bother me, since I only get to play them a few levels at a time. But a few of the recent ones I think have had exceptionally long complex levels with few checkpoints, and I can do without having to replay those for the usual collectibles.
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 06 October 17 at 22:46
My only gripe is with "shorter", this was probably because IMO this was originally probably going to be part of Dimensions as a story pack but with TT not going forward after this last wave, it they probably took what they had and turned it into a full game. Kinda sad too, hope other games don't follow suit.
MikeProcurator
Posted on 07 October 17 at 13:01
I dont think it was, its a lot longer than the dimensions content. I feel like they wanted to get away from those anyways because only a small part of their audience is still buying new packs, $800 later no one wants to keep buying packs
JPG30
JPG30
Posted on 07 October 17 at 13:26
im glad the review mentions both the loading screens being long and the weird lag during the game which slows up the game, at times it's really annoying.
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 07 October 17 at 16:52
MikeProcurator said:
I dont think it was, its a lot longer than the dimensions content. I feel like they wanted to get away from those anyways because only a small part of their audience is still buying new packs, $800 later no one wants to keep buying packs
So I guess we will just chock it up to laziness laugh. I'm one who doesn't mind a completion in a weekend type game, but with LEGO I guess I've come to expect more. Then again Avengers and Force Awakens were both easy completions as well. Wonder how this compares to those two.
Visions of Gore
Posted on 08 October 17 at 02:41
I'm finishing up the clean up now and the length of the game is perfect. The worst thing about Lego games is having to play story levels twice to collect minikits, and this game eliminated that completely. I really REALLY hope that they do this from now on. So my point is, it's only shorter than normal because they removed the tedious padding.
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 08 October 17 at 05:14
Visions of Gore said:
I'm finishing up the clean up now and the length of the game is perfect. The worst thing about Lego games is having to play story levels twice to collect minikits, and this game eliminated that completely. I really REALLY hope that they do this from now on. So my point is, it's only shorter than normal because they removed the tedious padding.
I didn't mind the second play through of the levels myself. I seldom replay games so this gave me reason to replay the "story" in a sense. But I get why they did it, my nephew likes saying "oh I already beat that one' whenever I go down to visit and take my Xbox. I ask well did you get all the stuff he said no he only plays the story and that's beating the game. He does occasionally do the hub worlds. So most kids are probably the same way only play the story once.
gypsymuffin
gypsymuffin
Posted on 09 October 17 at 13:18
I enjoyed the game, but I was frustrated with the crashing and terrible framerate.

I really hope they iron those issues our for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 when it comes out.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 09 October 17 at 18:15
Warning: According to
swaggers The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game Master of Disguise swaggers' solution for the Master of Disguise Achievement in The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video GameCollected all Character Tokens
if you use a Character Code, this achievement will not unlock.
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 11 October 17 at 00:11
MathGuy42 said:
Warning: According to
swaggers The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game Master of Disguise swaggers' solution for the Master of Disguise Achievement in The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video GameCollected all Character Tokens
if you use a Character Code, this achievement will not unlock.
Well that's a first, not sure I've ever seen that happen in any other LEGO game I've played.
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 11 October 17 at 13:54
MikeProcurator said:
Lego Dimensions copied the Skylanders formula, but they made some mistakes when copying it that are hurting their sales now.

Part of the problem is that old packs have started wholesaling to stores like Dollarama. It's hard to justify $15+ purchases for 2 year old game when similar content is being sold for $4 across the street. That's why Skylanders releases a new game with new marketing every year. It creates a solid distinction between "waves".

The second mistake they made with Dimensions is that using multiple figures is not intuitive. The main drive for owning a lot of figures is all the abilities, but you basically have to use a fan-made wiki to keep track of who has what ability and what it looks like on screen. It's confusing as hell, and I'm in my mid 20s. Plus, the content hidden behind abilities is rarely very rewarding. If you look at how Skylanders handles your collection it makes a lot more sense. World altering abilities are limited to a handful of 'types' and are obvious according to the stand design. Content hidden behind abilities are often small and interesting areas that are fun to play and heavily stylized. Extra figures act like extra lives, giving you a reason to own and use your collection beyond just abilities/preference.
wings2
wings2
Posted on 14 October 17 at 13:51
I liked this game, until the latest glitch. Like with a lot of other gamers, not all tokens unlocked for me. There's still one missing at the end of the story. So i played through the levels again. Nothing. Well, most levels, i can't play the beach level anymore, because every time i try it, i can't get control over the characters and the scene is stuck. So at 64.9% i need to start the game over, or else i can never get 100%. This way the game is not so short. I've been playing the levels more than previous games :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.