Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Path of Exile's Xbox One Patch Adds Features, Achievement Fixes and More

AuthorMessage
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 06 October 17 at 23:08
Zukape said:
Everything is obtainable, it is Just not easy. Even if you know the game very well it might take up to 2 months by playing 10h a Day.
It's a fallacy to call it obtainable when nobody yet has it to prove it's obtainable. It could very well be, it could very well be not. But we don't know yet, because nobody has it. And we won't know, until somebody has it. Full stop.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
The Mr Killer
The Mr Killer
Posted on 07 October 17 at 09:49
Great game, good support from the dev
Xelliz
Xelliz
Posted on 07 October 17 at 17:39, Edited on 07 October 17 at 22:03 by Xelliz
Doesn't look like Augmentation is working. I haven't been able to apply any Orbs to any Strongboxes still.

**update** Kept trying and one in The Ascent finally took an orb.
PsychicChicken
Posted on 07 October 17 at 17:56
HVAC Techie said:
Zukape said:
Everything is obtainable, it is Just not easy. Even if you know the game very well it might take up to 2 months by playing 10h a Day.
It's a fallacy to call it obtainable when nobody yet has it to prove it's obtainable. It could very well be, it could very well be not. But we don't know yet, because nobody has it. And we won't know, until somebody has it. Full stop.
So, does that mean that all new games should have every achievement listed as unobtainable, since no one has won it yet?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 07 October 17 at 18:54
Goggs25 said:
I see they have not remove the PAY WALL for selling items on trade board until they do they can stick the game up there fucking ass
That massive $3 feature that isn’t even technically required? You could easily play 40 hours without even really benefiting from it. Why are you entitled to having everything free?
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 07 October 17 at 18:57
Trust me all obtainable.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 07 October 17 at 19:02
I trust you.
Fuuldrin
Fuuldrin
Posted on 07 October 17 at 22:01
You don't even need to sell stuff for the completion. It's only quality of life. I agree more stash tabs make the game more confortable but you can totally finish the game without it. Juste create a bunch of characters and use them as mules. Only keep maps and some curency in your stash (as well as required components to face end game bosses but they drop pretty late). Uniques usually are not worth much to be fair, unless they are popular (who said bisco?).
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 08 October 17 at 00:05, Edited on 08 October 17 at 00:06 by CodeMonkeysGuy
PsychicChicken said:
So, does that mean that all new games should have every achievement listed as unobtainable, since no one has won it yet?
Not quite what I mean.

Unobtainable means it cannot be obtained. That means it's been attempted successfully and nobody has it and nobody will ever because it's been proven broken. Not yet proven obtainable is a more accurate summation of my feelings.

It doesn't have to have a negative connotation attached to it. Nobody's proven whether it's obtainable or not, because nobody has it yet. So it could be possible, or it could be impossible. But we don't know. So it's not unobtainable, but it's not proven to be obtainable either. Not a bad thing, just a matter of fact.

Which is why I take issue with someone saying the achievements do work they just take awhile, because if nobody has them how do we know they work? It's an insane fallacy to assume that in the absence of evidence, there's evidence of functionality. See, there's two main different degrees of unobtainable, and this game has had both - achievements that don't unlock when you meet the requirements, and achievements that don't unlock because you can't meet the requirements. Subtle distinction, but important.

But, end point, they might work, and they might not. But one shouldn't say they work if there's no proof yet.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 09 October 17 at 08:22
Eurydace said:
Goggs25 said:
I see they have not remove the PAY WALL for selling items on trade board until they do they can stick the game up there fucking ass
That massive $3 feature that isn’t even technically required? You could easily play 40 hours without even really benefiting from it. Why are you entitled to having everything free?
For 2 reasons first its a free to play game and second they stated only cosmetics and iten space are behind a pay wall since when does selling items to other player come under cosmetics or item space
Goggs25
Fuuldrin
Fuuldrin
Posted on 09 October 17 at 11:22
You know that you can trade with other players without a premium stash tab, right? The premium tab makes it easier since you can sell in the trade board, but you can always post in the PoE club / start a thread somewhere to buy / sell stuff directly to people.
Anyway paying makes the game more enjoyable but
1) you don't need to sell anything for the 1000G
2) you can trade directly with people without paying
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.