Game Discussion: Fable Anniversary

See the Future

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 October 17 at 02:24
    How can I unlock this achievement on Xbox One? Enjoying that the game is backward compatibility now?
    I tried putting Smart Glass on the PC and I could not.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,648,620
    Posted on 07 October 17 at 05:54
    Did you make sure to use the Xbox 360 Smartglass app? It's a separate one from the One version. Try it on mobile devices too if you have one.
    #mentallypudding
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 October 17 at 14:11
    In mobile i can´t because it is android, and in the PC with Xbox 360 Smart Glass does not recognize Xbox One
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,648,620
    Posted on 07 October 17 at 15:06, Edited on 07 October 17 at 15:07 by Ahayzo
    Xbox 360 Smartglass is on Android, and the PC 360 version works because it isn't connecting to a One, it's connecting to an emulated 360. I've used both Android and Windows 10 with backwards compatibility.
    #mentallypudding
  • RobotSnowmanRobotSnowman143,751
    Posted on 09 October 17 at 17:42
    I've tried today and can't seem to get this to unlock. Downloaded the xbox 360 smartglass app onto my android phone had it running whilst controlling my character and nothing happened.
  • Posted on 10 October 17 at 19:50
    alklein92201 said:
    Xbox 360 Smartglass is on Android, and the PC 360 version works because it isn't connecting to a One, it's connecting to an emulated 360. I've used both Android and Windows 10 with backwards compatibility.
    I already tried connecting the 360 Smartglass App with the running game on XboxOne and the App wont find a 360...
  • Revid CargianRevid Cargian1,140,360
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 21:17
    alklein92201 said:
    So using, say, the Windows 10 PC version of the 360 Smartglass app should unlock the achievement through Xbox One backwards compatibility? I'm just about to install the game on my One, and it seems like the general consensus everywhere else is that this doesn't work unless the game itself is running on a proper 360. Just thought I'd ask/double-check to clarify.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,648,620
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 00:15
    It should, but it sounds like BC Fable isn't playing nice
    #mentallypudding
  • EUPH0NYYEUPH0NYY129,966
    Posted on 06 November 17 at 18:27
    Any news? Has anyone tried to make it work on xbox one?
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,323,143
    Posted on 11 November 17 at 18:56
    Just started the game on the 360. Had some trouble at first but decided to delete my save again and launch the Windows 10 app after I had control of the character. Worked a charm.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • RobotSnowmanRobotSnowman143,751
    Posted on 22 November 17 at 14:14
    xXProphet56Xx said:
    Any news? Has anyone tried to make it work on xbox one?
    The app won't find the xbox one so it doesn't work
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33660,579
    Posted on 29 December 17 at 07:22
    Downloading the app on my computer and running the game in my Xbox 360 at the same time still works.
  • Posted on 17 January 18 at 07:08
    It's been 4 days since the last person unlocked the achievement. Looks like that ship has sailed..
  • Tatl360Tatl360457,495
    Posted on 17 January 18 at 12:17
    Is it possible to change the account on the Windows Phone to use the Xbox 360 Smartglass?

I can use my gamertag in the Xbox One SmartGlass thing, but not in the Xbox 360 one.

It can't be possible that I would need to reset my phone for this, right? cry
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB1,412,614
    Posted on 18 January 18 at 12:45
    Does Microsoft know about the issue with 360 Smartglass and are they going to fix it? Also, what other 360 games might have Smartglass related achievements.
    I tried to run Smartglass on my iPhone 6S but it wouldn't run due to it being to old and not having a version for iOS 11. Then I tried it on my iPad 2 running iOS 9, spins but returns error message can't find Xbox. I then tried on my Windows 10 laptop, same error message. Then I broke out my old iPhone 4 out of mothballs and tried with that, same error message. I'm trying to connect to a 360, not an emulated game on the One. I have the settings on the 360 with Smartglass enabled but no luck. This really sucks.
    It doesn't seem like that long ago Smartglass came out. I am getting pretty sick of Microsoft fobbing all these technologies on us like Kinect, Smartglass, Zune, Groove, etc. then killing them off.
    Stay tuned for more awesome posts by TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 18 January 18 at 18:42, Edited on 20 January 18 at 12:37 by Guitar LInc0ln
    TwistedTB said:
    Does Microsoft know about the issue with 360 Smartglass and are they going to fix it? Also, what other 360 games might have Smartglass related achievements.
    I tried to run Smartglass on my iPhone 6S but it wouldn't run due to it being to old and not having a version for iOS 11. Then I tried it on my iPad 2 running iOS 9, spins but returns error message can't find Xbox. I then tried on my Windows 10 laptop, same error message. Then I broke out my old iPhone 4 out of mothballs and tried with that, same error message. I'm trying to connect to a 360, not an emulated game on the One. I have the settings on the 360 with Smartglass enabled but no luck. This really sucks.
    It doesn't seem like that long ago Smartglass came out. I am getting pretty sick of Microsoft fobbing all these technologies on us like Kinect, Smartglass, Zune, Groove, etc. then killing them off.
    You are definitely not alone, mate. For 5 DAYS I've been trying everything humanly possible to get this to work. I used:

- XBox 360 with wired connection
    - XBox 360 Slim with wireless connection

- 2x Laptops with Windows 10 / XBox 360 SmartGlass app from the Microsoft Store
    - A Laptop with Windows 8.1 / XBox 360 SmartGlass app from the Microsoft Store
    - 2 different Smartphones with Android / XBox 360 SmartGlass App from the PlayStore
    - A Virtual Machine running Windows 8 / Xbox 360 SmartGlass App from the Microsoft Store
    - A Virtual Machine running Windows 8.1 / Xbox 360 SmartGlass App from the Microsoft Store
    - MEmu (Android Emulator) / XBox 360 SmartGlass App from the PlayStore
    - BlueStacks (Android Emulator) / XBox 360 SmartGlass App from the PlayStore
    - Windows 10 Mobile Emulator / Box 360 SmartGlass App from the Microsoft Store

I tried every possible combination of consoles and devices with zero success. Either the app tells me it is unable to connect to the Xbox services or it tells me that it can not find any console (within a fraction of a second after clicking "connect"). I am so furious right now...

I've messaged a few players who unlocked the achievement and many said they used their iPhone/iPad for this and had no trouble at all. But they must have an iOS version below 11 as iOS 11 kills all 32-bit apps and there's no way to roll back to iOS 10.
    But then again it didn't work out for you TwistedTB, what makes it even worse as there is not even a guarantee to unlock it with Apple products.

So unless there is a kind soul out there who'd be willing to help and log into my account to get this achievement for me, it will be unachievable forever.

Just fuck you Micro$oft, and thanks for nothing! This is so lame, really...
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB1,412,614
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 15:10
    I just did it! I dug out one last old device, a Dell Venue 8 Windows tablet, fired it up, started the smartglass app, and by some miracle it was able to connect! Now I need to know if I have any other games that have smartglass related achieves on the 360 so I can get them done quick while this sketchy shit is still functional!
    Stay tuned for more awesome posts by TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 20 January 18 at 16:33, Edited on 20 January 18 at 16:40 by Guitar LInc0ln
    JESUS! I can't believe it! I am so glad that I read your comment in time, because right now the service seems to work again, question is only for how long! I also unlocked it about 5 minutes ago when before I tried it for several hours a day for a constant week with no success.

I was able to pull this off by using the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app on Winows 10, an app that has refused to work for all the times before when I tried it. Funny thing, the Android apps still tell me they can not connect and the service is unavailable.

You really need to be lucky enough to use the right app at the right time (because 95% of the times I tired it, nothing worked), which is absolutely dumb and unreliable as f*ck! I am just glad I got this achievement out of the way before it's going to be too late forever.

So unfortunately for everyone else who hasn't unlocked it yet: There is neither a certain time nor a certain device that will make it work for sure, so it's still all about luck with continuous trial and error.
  • Tatl360Tatl360457,495
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 17:28
    ^
    Congratulations!

I've tried the Memu thing, but that's too complicated for me. I couldn't download the app. I can't even tell what's going on on that screen. hehe I've never used android so maybe it's because of that.
    I'll reset my windows phone to use this gamertag and I hope it works. headspin
  • Posted on 05 February 18 at 19:09
    I hate these gimmicky achievements that require a separate app or some other website or game (Facebook, SmartGlass, KinectShare, etc.) because inevitably they close the app or site or the service that connects them (like with the Fable Coin Golf phone game that needs to connect to Fable 2, but they've discontinued the service that lets you connect).

I'm glad that I was able to get this particular one some time ago, but they need to stop requiring anything outside of the game itself for achievements. warning
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads