Game Discussion: Fable Anniversary Forum

See the Future

AuthorMessage
PrimeBigTime
PrimeBigTime
Posted on 20 April 18 at 03:49
Is the Xbox forum the best place to post? In my experience Microsoft employees don't read those. Most admins are non-employee volunteers.

If someone wants to write up a form letter and post that along with a link to the best contact person that may help get more people contacting MS.
TAMB0
TAMB0
Posted on 26 April 18 at 18:07
PrimeBigTime said:
Is the Xbox forum the best place to post? In my experience Microsoft employees don't read those. Most admins are non-employee volunteers.

If someone wants to write up a form letter and post that along with a link to the best contact person that may help get more people contacting MS.
TWEET @xboxsupport
GT: Tamb0 (0 = zero)
H3L xSHARINGANx
Posted on 01 May 18 at 18:09
I contacted Microsoft via their live chat support and had this response by email:

This is in response to your concern about the access of Xbox 360 Smartglass. As of now, the team is still creating a PR announcement for the app discontinuance but it was deemed obsolete that is why it has stopped working. I know you would like to have an option to have other options to access the achievements and I am rooting for it, too.

Thanks,
Olivia
NaywynJ
NaywynJ
Posted on 02 May 18 at 18:27
I just hope they'll make a way for us to at least get the smartglass achievements in the games that have it.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 02 May 18 at 19:16
Doubt it. That's up to the developers, and it really isn't worth their time to go back and patch it all, especially if we're talking about changing achievement requirements. As much as I'd like it, it'd be an obvious and large waste of their time and money.
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 02 May 18 at 22:36
Maybe they are giving some time to see if there's more people interested.

Let's fill that forum thread and complain in twitter people!
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 03 May 18 at 00:08
The fact that we're talking about reactivating an already defunct service and not just keeping an active one going makes me wonder if that's even worth minimal effort
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 03 May 18 at 00:55
Nobody loses anything.
It's way easier for them to turn it on than to change the achievement requirements...
TAMB0
TAMB0
Posted on 04 May 18 at 11:34, Edited on 04 May 18 at 11:37 by TAMB0
This is a stupid achievement with no skill required, just timing and luck. It's more annoying that right when MS made this backwards compatible, they discontinued the 360 smartglass support.

This may be a blessing in disguise. I might actually start addressing my ridiculous achievement addiction. I have come to a realization that I spend FAR too much time on achievements like this. They cause me nothing but stress and aggravation. I'm ready to break free of this unhealthy obsession with getting 100% completion on every game.

I understand this is an achievements site and it exists for the very reason to get achievements, but I am really soured on them right now, specifically ones like these. Anyone else ever feel this way?
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 04 May 18 at 14:05
I just skip the game if an achievement is not working for a while with small chances of coming back...
You need to have faith. Look at Project Cars, the community achievement is back. Some developers are just more friendly than others.
Maybe it shows their enviroment in the workplace. There should be a reason Forza for example is one of the hardest to ever fix things. Same thing with Gears. They always use the excuse of resources, but other small studios fix she mess sometimes...
Of course there is also the real difficulty in the achievements themselves, the Project Cars seems to be easy, scheduling events, requiring only some effort compared to others that seems to really need something to be fixed and tested.

But yeah the SmartGlass was obviously just turned off. There's no reason for it to behave like this by itself. But why turn it off? What could be the cost of an app to be working? How that person managed to make it work so randomly... I mean, I've seen the servers for FH2 Xbox 360 behaviouring differently according to the time of the day. Sometimes they worked only at night, it was impossible to get a time during the day (now they are fully working though), so I was believing the SmartGlass could be like that, but I can't find a time window for it to work...
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 05 May 18 at 02:06
Tatl360 said:
How that person managed to make it work so randomly...
I'm not convinced they did
#mentallypudding
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 07 May 18 at 11:38
TAMB0 said:
This is a stupid achievement with no skill required, just timing and luck. It's more annoying that right when MS made this backwards compatible, they discontinued the 360 smartglass support.

This may be a blessing in disguise. I might actually start addressing my ridiculous achievement addiction. I have come to a realization that I spend FAR too much time on achievements like this. They cause me nothing but stress and aggravation. I'm ready to break free of this unhealthy obsession with getting 100% completion on every game.

I understand this is an achievements site and it exists for the very reason to get achievements, but I am really soured on them right now, specifically ones like these. Anyone else ever feel this way?
All the time. Every time something like this happens I go off achievement hunting for a bit. But then I get over it, realise I’m never going to have 100% on all games and just carry on. Clearing my backlog and playing games I enjoy.

I already played fable on the Xbox so I have no real reason to play anniversary other than four achievements. So it’s off my list smile
TAMB0
TAMB0
Posted on 09 May 18 at 21:28
Falensarano said:
All the time.
Let's start a Completionist support group!
TAMB0
TAMB0
Posted on 19 May 18 at 20:18
And it's official. Screw you, M$.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/smartglass-info
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 20 May 18 at 03:30
^
hmm... what a disappointment. Like this.

So Fable Anniversary forever with 0G in my profile. I'll hide it to see if appears on the GFWL list. Hidden apps usually show up there...

I usually would also avoid Fable 2 and 3 in this situation, and everything Fable forever. People say good things about Fable 2 though, so I need to try it offline. It's not Fable fault I know, it was probably a push for this mobile crap. angry
PrimeBigTime
PrimeBigTime
Posted on 22 May 18 at 04:55
What's stupid about this is that it should never have stopped working in the first place.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 23 May 18 at 02:57, Edited on 23 May 18 at 02:58 by alklein92201
Eh, a lightly used service for a last gen console going away doesn't actually seem that unreasonable. It'd be nice if it didn't, but it isn't too surprising.
#mentallypudding
A Boss Monster
Posted on 23 May 18 at 05:19
Oh snap! I literally just got this game and was going to pop the achievement before it was lost forever. Looks like I was a few days late! angry
Shut your crap, York.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 23 May 18 at 05:24
Few days? You are months late.

Perhaps they did because the Xbox 360 Smartglass wouldn't work with people playing in the Xbox One? Who knows.
Silly Microsoft.
A Boss Monster
Posted on 23 May 18 at 12:19
Tatl360 said:
Few days? You are months late.

Perhaps they did because the Xbox 360 Smartglass wouldn't work with people playing in the Xbox One? Who knows.
Silly Microsoft.
Oh i saw that the service was cancelled on the 18th may so assumed i missed it by a few days. I guess its my fault for waiting so long to start this game, but being published by Microsoft they should change the achievement so that it can still be unlocked
Shut your crap, York.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.