Game Discussion: Fable Anniversary Forum

See the Future

AuthorMessage
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 23 May 18 at 17:44, Edited on 23 May 18 at 17:45 by BulletLukey
A Boss Monster said:
Oh i saw that the service was cancelled on the 18th may so assumed i missed it by a few days. I guess its my fault for waiting so long to start this game, but being published by Microsoft they should change the achievement so that it can still be unlocked
When they announce something compared to when they actually do/did it can be 2 different things.
It stopped working on the 22nd Jan (4 months ago), but they only announced it a few days ago.

The only chance this achievement has to be fixed is if they make the Xbox One Smartglass work with 360 BC games. And even that is hoping for too much. I would be surprised if they do it.
DarkB1ade X
DarkB1ade X
Posted on 31 May 18 at 06:56
It says someone got the achievement a few days ago, but I am not sure if they found a work around or if they forced it through illegitimate means, but it might be worth asking them about it if anyone really wants the achievement in question.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 31 May 18 at 13:20
Unlocked long after the service was down, and even unlocked offline? Yea, I guarantee you that wasn't a legit unlock
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 31 May 18 at 17:39
I've asked him.
Hopefully there's a way to unlock legit.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 05 June 18 at 13:26
No answer. =/
ip60
ip60
Posted on 07 July 18 at 04:56
I guess this is still not possible???
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 07 July 18 at 11:43
ip60 said:
I guess this is still not possible???
Probably it will never be possible if people don't make a fuss.
SmartGlass Xbox 360 was officially discontinued.
Praggers
Praggers
Posted on 10 July 18 at 09:24
I've still got an install of the old smart glass app will that still work does anyone know? looking to test it out tonight.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 10 July 18 at 19:12
Nope. It's not that the app isn't available, the service it uses is dead
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 28 July 18 at 20:13
A person unlocked this month. roll
Is it fixed?
I'm going to try later.
A Boss Monster
Posted on 29 July 18 at 03:53, Edited on 29 July 18 at 03:53 by A Boss Monster
Tatl360 said:
Is it fixed?
I'm going to try later.
Probably didn't get it legit, but he does seem to have a time stamp.
Let us know how you go :)
Shut your crap, York.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 29 July 18 at 07:38
A Boss Monster said:
Tatl360 said:
Is it fixed?
I'm going to try later.
Probably didn't get it legit, but he does seem to have a time stamp.
Let us know how you go :)
He still not answered. Let's hope it's legit.
Some cheaters a while ago also had timestamps.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 29 July 18 at 16:32
Timestamps can be added to hacked achievements so unfortunately doesn't mean much.

I'll be honest, it was kind of nice before when we could hope the system was just having problems and maybe someone got through. But now, when Microsoft has officially said "yea it's dead, sorry", this thread just feels like the one for Halo 2 PC where people keep making suggestions like "have we tried LAN matches?!"
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 30 July 18 at 01:56
Well he was not very helpful I guess. Said it was luck. Just clicked after some attempts and it unlocked.

Said maybe because he is a user of the bluestacks thing. I guess it's a mobile emulator. I've tried an android emulator because I don't have an android phone but gave up because it's annoying to make it work. First person recently who didn't use the Windows 10 version.

I've tried with the Windows 10 today and no luck. But sometimes it really does stay more time spinning and return the error above the standard "couldn't find console page". Just like it was before the officail discontinuation of the app.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 31 July 18 at 01:55
Yea unfortunately his answer is literally not possible. It's like saying I just kept on trying to connect my OG Xbox to LIVE and eventually it worked. And then I did it on a second OG Xbox and eventually it worked. And then they were able to communicate with each other and play an online coop game.

All using the OG LIVE service that hasn't existed for 8 years.

I'll give him credit though, at least he tried to make up an excuse with Bluestacks instead of the usual "I dunno I just happened to get it, sorry" this stuff usually gets.
#mentallypudding
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 31 July 18 at 07:18
But could it be?
With a good gamercore and a good ratio a person would risk getting banned because of an achievement?

I'll keep trying.
But, as I've started this game and I suffer some kind of involuntary stubborness, I'll be following this achievement until the end of times.
I don't understand how a person can unlock and I can't.
warning
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 01 August 18 at 02:56
Tatl360 said:
But could it be?
Nope, not by actually meeting the requirements at least. It could somehow be unlocked by unrelated methods, but if that were the case these people wouldn't be claiming they totally got it legit

With a good gamercore and a good ratio a person would risk getting banned because of an achievement?
You would think not, but it wouldn't be the first time.

But, as I've started this game and I suffer some kind of involuntary stubborness, I'll be following this achievement until the end of times.
Well I can't argue with that. We all have our white whale in life laugh

I don't understand how a person can unlock and I can't.
Don't worry, they can't either wink
#mentallypudding
GanGstaRise
GanGstaRise
Posted on 03 August 18 at 14:13
I think he probably got it legitimately..
I say that because if you check the beginning of this subject, many people got issues to connect to the console and after some days the app worked to connect to the console for one or 2 days and stopped working.
As Guitar Lincoln said, he tried for 5 days with several methods without getting it and he got it 2 days later. There is no sense...
Also, if the smartglass service doesn't work, why I can still download it on window 10 pc and log in my account... It's not logical... if the service was shutdown I should be able to access to a part of the service.
I think the connection between the app and the console is completely unstable and they just stopped trying to fix it. with luck (a lot), we can still get.. I'm going to try morning and evening , everyday and i will see.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 03 August 18 at 14:28
^
I believe the same thing.
They just announced "no more support". I believe it's still working.
No more support means they will not take time to fix if people ask them. We did asked a lot of times, people even used the standard troubleshooting the support gave them (deleting profile, clearing cache, restarting console, etc). The staandard steps solve the majority of issues people have, but this is very specific and the support probably never had a solution, but somehow they opted to just drop support of the app.

But some of us really try a lot of times and nothing. While others try a couple of times and it magically works. Talk about good timing!
Let's keep trying!
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 24 August 18 at 00:48
No luck for me this week.

Is anyone else trying this stupid achievement?
Isn't technology crappy? angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.