Game Discussion: Fable Anniversary Forum

See the Future

AuthorMessage
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 24 August 18 at 17:12
Nope. I gave up ages ago and just decided not to play it again. I'd already played it on Xbox so not missing out on too much.
A Boss Monster
Posted on 28 August 18 at 06:36
I commend your dedication Tatl360, I really hope you get this achievement for all your hard work (plus if it works it means I can get it too wink)
Shut your crap, York.
GanGstaRise
GanGstaRise
Posted on 17 September 18 at 07:14
I tried a few weeks ago but nothing.
But someone is right in the comment of the first guide, if one of us manage to get it, it will probably be reported... all people who got the achievement after 22/02 have been reported
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 17 September 18 at 15:51
Yes it's a strange situation. If no one else also unlocks it it would be very unfortunate.
I guess it's best to try with an alternate gamertag. I believe Gold is not needed for this.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 18 September 18 at 01:56
I don't think you need to use an alternate tag. Getting reported is fine, just make sure you can show that you actually found a way to do it and didn't cheat.
#mentallypudding
GanGstaRise
GanGstaRise
Posted on 18 September 18 at 06:17
I would be sad if I manage to get it on an alternate tag, and I cannot on my main tag after ^^'.
@alkein92201, here is the issue, except try, try, try again and hope for a miracle, I don't see any other way to do it...
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 18 September 18 at 12:59
Oh that's 100% what you have to hope for
#mentallypudding
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 28 September 18 at 00:55
i do have an old Windows Phone with Xbox360 Smartglass app, if i do get the game, and somehow get my smartglass to connect legit to Fable Anniversary and unlock achievement miraculously, that's okay right?
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 28 September 18 at 01:34
R4AssaultRifle said:
i do have an old Windows Phone with Xbox360 Smartglass app, if i do get the game, and somehow get my smartglass to connect legit to Fable Anniversary and unlock achievement miraculously, that's okay right?
Of course! Tell us the exact time you did and how.
Because my old Windows Phone with SmartGlass and Windows 10 with SmartGlass can't connect.
Some people also say their Android phones and iPhones with SmartGlass can't connect!
I hope you are lucky to unlock it! It will give us hope.
=(
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 17 November 18 at 02:02
In my honest opinion, after going through the EA and TrueSkill server issues this summer i believe this achievement can be or rather should be fixed. If server issues can be fixed or even revived then achievements can be fixed as well. I am thinking of either starting a petition or customer support ticket to get this fixed.
xBrain91x
xBrain91x
Posted on 24 November 18 at 17:37
I´m checking the status of this achievement since February.
Back then I was waiting for the announced Xbox one X Enhanced Patch, to play this game with more beautiful visuals. Since it was just one month away, I missed my chance to unlock the achievement. Even though I could have unlocked the achievement right away on my 360, but back then I could not imagined that some service will went down… Lesson learned for future games I think.
But it really annoys me, since I wanted to complete all fable games and without the first one I will not start the whole series.

On the 20th of November, someone unlocked the achievement again. He started the game and a bit later unlocked the achievement, maybe there is still a way? Someone checked recently?
Also just an Idea, why does Microsoft not setting up some kind of “flag” in there Xbox one emulator so the game thinks SmartGlass is connected and everything is working? I imagine the achievement would pop right away.
It is just like the other “Xbox 360 peripherals needed” achievements like Viva Piniata: Trouble in Paradise. It is extreme Nice to play all those games on Xbox one (X) and even , like they said, on any kind of coming Xbox console bud sad that they block out features to enjoy the games fully like back in the day. I really like backwards compatibility and looking forward to every title plus enhancements, because that means I can play my games even in 10 years just with better performance/visuals/gameplay. But missing features is always bad…
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 24 November 18 at 20:55
Ignoring tbat cheating is my first assumption for this anyways, looking at that player's unlock list for the last few days screams "didn't actually do it.,

Also, there is no real benefit for Microsoft at all to put any resources into adding a fake Smartglass connection to the emulator or support for old (and especially outdated and never popular like Vision Cam) accessories.
#mentallypudding
xBrain91x
xBrain91x
Posted on 25 November 18 at 07:40
alklein92201 said:
Ignoring tbat cheating is my first assumption for this anyways, looking at that player's unlock list for the last few days screams "didn't actually do it.,

Also, there is no real benefit for Microsoft at all to put any resources into adding a fake Smartglass connection to the emulator or support for old (and especially outdated and never popular like Vision Cam) accessories.
I see... too bad. I was really hoping that someone figured it out :/

Oh and don’t get me wrong. I really would like to have full support, but my idea was just like flag for the game checking. Example: Game is looking for SmartGlass and the Emulator flags it as connected, the achievement will unlock. But that does not require a full working SmartGlass. Nor I request vision cam support! But when Viva Piniata looks for it, why not say "here I am" with the 3 different Pictures required for the achievements?

From what i have read so far, the enhancement updates require a lot of work to just so the game looks much better. Why not put a bit of afford into "Fake-Features" that unlock achievements? dance
I mean, they are trying really hard to assure that the most when not all games sometime in the future will be supported somehow, even with improvements.

Anyway, maybe you are right and it is only a little dream I have and hoping for smile
Falensarano
Falensarano
Posted on 25 November 18 at 09:44
I agree with your sentiment Brian, the achievement system was created y Microsoft. You would think they would give it the same care and attention as other features.
xBrain91x
xBrain91x
Posted on 29 November 18 at 11:00
Another one has unlocked it previously… That’s somehow fishy :(
Maybe someone will find a way to run a Program on PC that simulates a connection for the Xbox 360dance
A Boss Monster
Posted on 06 December 18 at 23:28
xBrain91x said:
Another one has unlocked it previously… That’s somehow fishy :(
Maybe someone will find a way to run a Program on PC that simulates a connection for the Xbox 360dance
Unfortunately this was unlocked offline and, unless I'm missing something, you would need to be online for the app and the 360 to talk and unlock the achievement right? Which would mean that this was unlocked illegitimately :(
Shut your crap, York.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.