OMG iTz Slov
OMG iTz Slov
Posted on 07 October 17 at 11:51
What happened to the walkthrough?!? cry
ScoobyDoobyD0nt
Posted on 21 October 17 at 14:11
OMG iTz Slov said:
What happened to the walkthrough?!? cry
i believe that it was found to be stolen from another website, and immediately taken down. the good news is if you really need a WT there are good ones on other sites (no offence to TA with that statement)
Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
KashThePriest
KashThePriest
Posted on 10 December 17 at 15:06
Youtube has some great 100% completion walkthroughs
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 28 May 18 at 17:07
The most efficient way of playing the game is to begin on Nightmare and to get all achievements in one playthrough. It takes about 15 hours including the time to master certain enemies and some of the skill based achievements.

There are reports that the DLC with the special dresses creates glitches. If you have downloaded it, I recommend deleting it prior to starting your play.

The game auto saves. If you want to make a backup of your game at a certain point, you can copy the saves to a USB memory drive. There is a main save file, two configuration files, and six chapter files. Those nine files, including all six chapter files, are required for a complete backup regardless of where you are in the game. I made a backup when I got to the third stage of the fight with the Dollmaker. I did so on the slim chance that I took damage the instant I destroyed the Dollmaker. I didn't need to use it but, having that safety net, gave me a little peace of mind.

When you play the game, if you ever sustain damage that leaves you with only one rose or a fragment of a rose, revert to the last checkpoint save. This is so that you will not invoke hysteria. There is an achievement for using hysteria no more than once during the game. There is a tutorial segment on hysteria. If you invoke hysteria during the tutorial, that counts as your one use. Note that you do not have to use hysteria during that tutorial. If so, you have one use of hysteria that you can rely on.

Since some achievements require you not to take damage and because the enemies are quite lethal on Nightmare difficulty, play with the mindset of taking no damage. Personally, I reverted to the previous checkpoint whenever I got hit, and not counting what I had to do over when I screwed up, I played the entire game without taking damage.

If you need a guide to help find all memories, snouts, Radula rooms, and bottles; I recommend using http://www.ign.com/wikis/alice-madness-returns. The guide clearly states what collectibles are present in each chapter and you can follow area by area. Note that there are no achievements regarding bottles so you can pass them by if you want to go a little faster.

In chapter 1, plan on getting the following achievements. In addition to getting the achievements for finishing the chapter and for finishing the chapter on Nightmare difficulty, you should be able to get nine other achievements:

Alice: Madness ReturnsThe Beginning of the EndThe The Beginning of the End achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 44 pointsComplete Chapter 1 on Nightmare Difficulty

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 13 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 10 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 11 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 10 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 11 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsNothing Like the Smell of BaconThe Nothing Like the Smell of Bacon achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 20 pointsPepper All Snouts in a Chapter

Alice: Madness ReturnsGrind 'em All!The Grind 'em All! achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 11 pointsKill 5 Bolterflies in a row with the Pepper Grinder

Alice: Madness ReturnsVenting frustrationThe Venting frustration achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 16 pointsSpend 7 minutes on steam vents

Alice: Madness ReturnsCalm In the Face of DeathThe Calm In the Face of Death achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 49 pointsWhile on your last Rose, kill 5 Enemies without activating Hysteria

In chapter 2, plan on getting the following achievements. Note that you get dressups from the main menu. In order to get “More than a mouthful” in this chapter for fully upgrading a weapon, concentrate on picking up all the teeth you can and applying them to a single weapon. I felt it was very important to fully upgrade the Vorpal Blade because its greater power destroyed enemies more quickly when melee fighting hence reducing your exposure:

Alice: Madness ReturnsDress-UpsThe Dress-Ups achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 15 pointsEquip a Different Domain Dress

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 14 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsCold Arms, Cold HeartThe Cold Arms, Cold Heart achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 48 pointsDefeat the Drowned Sailor without taking any damage

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 13 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 29 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsShooting the MoonThe Shooting the Moon achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 15 pointsCollect 4 Jars of Rose Paint

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 22 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsWeapon SchizoThe Weapon Schizo achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 14 pointsHobby Horse to Vorpal Blade to Hobby Horse Combo

Alice: Madness ReturnsBeware of the LagomorphThe Beware of the Lagomorph achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 35 pointsKill 30 enemies with the Clockwork Bomb

Alice: Madness ReturnsNo quarter! No mercy!The No quarter! No mercy! achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 26 pointsDefeat 100 Ruin Enemies

Alice: Madness ReturnsShip of FoolsThe Ship of Fools achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 44 pointsComplete HMS Gryphon without taking Damage

In chapter 3, plan on getting the following achievements:

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 15 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 14 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsJust peachyThe Just peachy achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 36 pointsCollect all Peaches in the Scroll of Destiny

Alice: Madness ReturnsTea PartyThe Tea Party achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 16 pointsDestroy 10 Ruin Barriers

Alice: Madness ReturnsEyes on the SizeThe Eyes on the Size achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 21 pointsFind the hidden Shrink Sense Decal

In chapter 4, plan on getting the following achievements:

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 16 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness Returns52 Pick-UpThe 52 Pick-Up achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 32 pointsDefeat 52 Card Guards

Alice: Madness ReturnsGrandmasterThe Grandmaster achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 16 pointsComplete a Chess Puzzle without failing

In chapter 5, plan on getting the following achievements:

Alice: Madness ReturnsThe End of DazeThe The End of Daze achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 16 pointsComplete Wonderland Chapter 5

Alice: Madness ReturnsSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 50 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Alice: Madness ReturnsBrollyantThe Brollyant achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 41 pointsKill 10 Bitch Babies with Deflection

Alice: Madness ReturnsPainting the Town RedThe Painting the Town Red achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 78 pointsComplete all Radula Rooms

Alice: Madness ReturnsSeasoned CampaignerThe Seasoned Campaigner achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 82 pointsPepper All Snouts in the Game

Alice: Madness ReturnsThat's Using Your HeadThe That's Using Your Head achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 45 pointsComplete Off With Her Head Part 2 in under 6 minutes

Alice: Madness ReturnsFamily memories fond and fadedThe Family memories fond and faded achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 27 pointsFind all Liddell Memories

Alice: Madness ReturnsEverything fit to rememberThe Everything fit to remember achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 82 pointsFind all Memories

In chapter 6, you will get the remainder of the achievements. Beating the Dollmaker on Nightmare without taking damage is, perhaps, the most difficult battle in the game. It took me about an hour to figure it out. You are helped in the fact that the battle is in three stages. So, you can do a stage at a time without damage, reverting to the checkpoint if you should happen to take damage. Beating the Dollmaker without taking damage unlocks:

Alice: Madness ReturnsPulling StringsThe Pulling Strings achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 75 pointsDefeat the Dollmaker without taking any damage.

There is no further game play. After some cut scenes, proceed forward. The credits will start to roll and, as they do, the following achievements will pop:

Alice: Madness ReturnsThe Strong SurviveThe The Strong Survive achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 41 pointsComplete the Game on Easy Difficulty

Alice: Madness ReturnsThe Imaginative EndureThe The Imaginative Endure achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 88 pointsComplete the Game on Normal Difficulty

Alice: Madness ReturnsMadness PrevailsThe Madness Prevails achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 197 pointsComplete the Game on Nightmare Difficulty

Alice: Madness ReturnsThe Persistent FlourishThe The Persistent Flourish achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 176 pointsComplete the Game on Hard Difficulty

Alice: Madness ReturnsLevel-HeadedThe Level-Headed achievement in Alice: Madness Returns worth 108 pointsFinish the game using Hysteria only once

By the time you get to the Dollmaker, you should be expert at knowing when to dodge with right button and when to block with the left trigger + A button combo. Since your first priority is not to take damage, you play defensively maintaining tactical awareness at all times. I deployed the Clockwork bomb constantly. The hands were not distracted by it but the other enemies were. I shot the Teapot cannon only when completely safe and only when I had a clear target. All enemies and targets can be defeated with the Teapot cannon and the Vorpal blade. I used the Vorpal Blade sparingly--only when I had a ‘stuck’ hand.

If the Dollmaker proves difficult to defeat without taking damage, defeat him any way you can. Then, finish the game and replay the fight in post-game play on easy difficulty. IMHO, though, it is far more satisfying to defeat the Dollmaker on Nightmare difficulty and get the Pulling Strings achievement before the end of game achievements. I believe that anyone who is able to get through the first five chapters on Nightmare difficulty should have the skills to defeat the Dollmaker without taking damage. Since the enemies on Nightmare difficulty are so lethal, you have been playing the entire game with the mindset of not getting hit. It seems much more elegant to be able to complete the game with one playthrough without any post game play.
Extase4u2
Extase4u2
Posted on 29 May 18 at 11:11
thx!
fast, easy, unethical and plain wrong have become the new standard
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 May 18 at 14:14
Extase4u2 said:
thx!
You're welcome. There's one thing I need to add. Shrink often. You actually do not need a guide because everything is indicated with graffiti that you can see when you have shrink sense. This includes the basic story path through each chapter, all memories, all snouts, all bottles, and all Radula rooms.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.