Game Discussion: Fortnite Forum

Estimated time for completion?

AuthorMessage
SilverSluggerMZ
Posted on 11 October 17 at 21:26
Free to play games usually are awful on achievement completionist. I'm curious if anyone has an idea on how long it would take to complete? I'm not looking for something quick, but I do not want something that's 250+ hours. Thanks!
Always down to boost & grind..
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 11 October 17 at 22:08
Easily 500+ hours, probably closer to 1000+ tbh if you just play casually. I'm wondering if the final achievements are even unlockable too since noone's gotten them yet, this game really needs achievement trackers >.<
StarmanJames
StarmanJames
Posted on 17 October 17 at 06:38
Well the free to play mode doesn't have any achievements because they're all for the main game, not the battle royale. Though this is a game that you'll be playing for months if you intend on 100% it. The 1500 fully explored maps and the 20k survivors saved would take months for example. That said I am enjoying the game.
SilverSluggerMZ
Posted on 17 October 17 at 20:02
I just do not want to play the Battle Royal game mode if it shows a list of achievements I need to obtain on my player card.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 20 October 17 at 18:33
Lol.months!? More like a year at least.
TheFourthHunter
Posted on 21 October 17 at 14:47
Does the Battle Royale standalone game use this list, too? Or will it have a separate list?
SilverSluggerMZ
Posted on 21 October 17 at 22:19
TheFourthHunter said:
Does the Battle Royale standalone game use this list, too? Or will it have a separate list?
Judging by my friends games list, it uses the same lists.
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 25 October 17 at 18:31
CounterInsurgnt said:
haha this!

I tink the grindiest achievement is the one for placing 500,000 (half a million, yes) structures in SUCCESSFUL missions... If you place 100 structures in every single match you play, you'd have to play 5,000 matches. At roughly 30 minutes a match, you're talking 2,500 hours... cry cry cry aarrgghh I wanna kill myself, I hadn't done that final conversion into hours untli just now!!

And if you think you can place more than 100 structures in every match you play, consider that you also need to re-stock for your next match, so you could potentially do it, but at the risk of running out of time and failing the mission (so it would all go to waste) or going into your next match straight into farming resources to be able to build. And let's not forget that you need to work on saving 10,000 survivors, killing 20,000 mist monsters, fully exploring 1,500 maps, which will also take A LOT of time...

So I think I'm going to go into a dark corner now and cry a little
SilverSluggerMZ
Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:42
Runner eGirl said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
haha this!

I tink the grindiest achievement is the one for placing 500,000 (half a million, yes) structures in SUCCESSFUL missions... If you place 100 structures in every single match you play, you'd have to play 5,000 matches. At roughly 30 minutes a match, you're talking 2,500 hours... cry cry cry aarrgghh I wanna kill myself, I hadn't done that final conversion into hours untli just now!!

And if you think you can place more than 100 structures in every match you play, consider that you also need to re-stock for your next match, so you could potentially do it, but at the risk of running out of time and failing the mission (so it would all go to waste) or going into your next match straight into farming resources to be able to build. And let's not forget that you need to work on saving 10,000 survivors, killing 20,000 mist monsters, fully exploring 1,500 maps, which will also take A LOT of time...

So I think I'm going to go into a dark corner now and cry a little
It seems like F2P games always have the most obnoxious, grindy achievements. I will pass on this. Thanks.
Living Legends
Posted on 26 October 17 at 22:11
I am happy battle Royale is not unlocking achievements. It looks really fun
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 31 October 17 at 02:58
Well, with the upcoming update that will allow users to remove games with 0 GS earned from their profile on XB1, this shouldn't be an issue. Battle Royale is indeed fun, but I'm going to keep this, and all F2P games at arms length.
King Kong is *The Room* of video games.
thepack1221
thepack1221
Posted on 14 November 17 at 13:53
Are these achievements glitched? There’s people on this site with 2000 missions played and none of the time consuming achievements have been unlocked.
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 14 November 17 at 15:15
I hope not! At least one person on Xbox (not on TA) has unlocked the achievement for killing 10,000 mist monsters, as the achievement app shows that one as being unlocked by 0.01% of gamers. All of the other grindy achievements stand at 0% unlock rate according to Xbox stats.

My guess is that those people who have 2000 missions played, 1) focused on the campaign, so probably did not use Play With Others and didn't get as many Reveal the map badges / rescued many survivors, and 2) maybe played a lot of the horde event, which was great for killing mist monsters but not for any of the other grindy achievements (I'm not even sure horde counted towards the placing structures achievement, since you got a different set of resources than the one you normally have).

Hopefully they read this and can confirm or refute my theories!!
thepack1221
thepack1221
Posted on 14 November 17 at 17:54
This is why I’ve steered away from the events. There’s no play with others option and there’s no proof that anything in them counts towards the achievements. Achievement tracking would solve all of this!!
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:01
You can use https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/ to track those grindy achievements
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:41
Tenreth said:
You can use https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/ to track those grindy achievements
do you know if there's any workaround to gamertags with spaces (like mine)? I can't retrieve any results for myself.

Excellent tool though :)
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 14 November 17 at 19:38
Tenreth said:
Finally! Thanks for this lol, I'm not even close to any of them but glad I can finally see how I'm doing lol.

Runner eGirl said:
do you know if there's any workaround to gamertags with spaces (like mine)? I can't retrieve any results for myself.

Excellent tool though :)
It uses your epic account username if you linked one when you first started the game, not sure if there's a way to link one if you skipped it though, can't see anything in the options :(
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 14 November 17 at 19:42, Edited on 14 November 17 at 19:46 by Runner eGirl
I think I must have linked my account because I have posted on their forums using my gamertag, and I vaguely remember doing it, maybe haha

I hadn't clicked on the confirmation link they sent to your email though, so I just did that. I checked right away (of course lol) and nothing's showing for me yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping it updates

Edit: I found where to check in the forums and yes, my account is connected.

For anyone who wants to do it:

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements...
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 14 November 17 at 20:12
I think you'll have to wait until an update is made. I think all special characters and spaces are impossible at the moment.
Runner eGirl
Runner eGirl
Posted on 14 November 17 at 20:18
oh, well, the blind grind will continue then haha

This made my day, though, even if I can't use it yet. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.