Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 12 October 17 at 00:05
40 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Achievement List Revealed
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 12 October 17 at 02:57
A legend reborn as Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny returns! Blade of Destiny is a faithful remake of the 1992 original, adored by a generation of Role Players and one of the most successful RPG’s of the 1990’s.
More accurately, the game is a console port of the 2013 remake of the 1992 game.
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 12 October 17 at 03:11
I was momentarily excited because I really liked the original Blade of Destiny and Star Trail, despite thinking they were brutally hard at the time. Upon reading up on the 'remake' though, it seems it was very poorly received. Enthusiasm off.
GuttyProfessor
Posted on 12 October 17 at 03:21
StormyAsh0450 said:
I was momentarily excited because I really liked the original Blade of Destiny and Star Trail, despite thinking they were brutally hard at the time. Upon reading up on the 'remake' though, it seems it was very poorly received. Enthusiasm off.
Steam reviews have gotten better after patches. I might have to take the plunge and add yet another RPG to the backlog😲
Menion Leah
Menion Leah
Posted on 12 October 17 at 05:02
£31.99 on Xbox or £10.99 on Steam. I'm going to have to wait for a sale on this.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 12 October 17 at 16:13
StormyAsh0450 said:
The remake was well designed - it was just glitchy from a technical standpoint. It plays much better now. I'm optimistic that the X1 version will have removed. I enjoyed the PC version in spite of the bugs and intend to get the X1 version.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 October 17 at 16:35
Menion Leah said:
£31.99 on Xbox or £10.99 on Steam. I'm going to have to wait for a sale on this.
It's also been out for a while on steam, and is new to the Xbox. Kinda unfair to compare the pricing due to that fact.
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 12 October 17 at 17:04
Allgorhythm said:
The remake was well designed - it was just glitchy from a technical standpoint. It plays much better now. I'm optimistic that the X1 version will have removed. I enjoyed the PC version in spite of the bugs and intend to get the X1 version.
Reading the chronology of reviews a little closer, it's a little more promising. I'll keep an eye on it because I remember the originals fondly. Usually when you see reviews as low as the remake initially got, it goes beyond comment on the game itself and is done with punitive intent towards the developer. That worried me.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 October 17 at 15:32
For anyone who is a fan of the original game, based on my PC play, I recommend the remake highly. The critical bugs in the PC released were fixed a while ago. It retains the game play of the original but in a well-designed 3D world--homes, taverns, landscapes, dungeons, etc. You have to survive not only enemy battle but, like in the original, persevere in an austere environment by wearing the right clothes and seeking shelter. You can play the main story, embark on optional quests, or just mess around exploring a very detailed world.

It is this last--messing around exploring--where the remake is great. The original game was non-linear and you could pretty much do whatever you wanted. However, the scenery, with early 90s technology, was just not that interesting. In the detailed 3D world of the remake, it is. So, you can really have a lot of fun just walking around.
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 13 October 17 at 18:21
I was thinking about this game (or Star Trail, I forget which) again yesterday, and I recall having trouble with combat to the extent that in certain fights, I couldn't roll a 'hit' to save my life. Literally. I believe that was the result of always having half of my party suffering from debilitating diseases or poisons - the ones that didn't just kill you outright. I am sure I just played these games poorly at the time, so look forward to taking another stab at it.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 October 17 at 19:07
StormyAsh0450 said:
I was thinking about this game (or Star Trail, I forget which) again yesterday, and I recall having trouble with combat to the extent that in certain fights, I couldn't roll a 'hit' to save my life. Literally. I believe that was the result of always having half of my party suffering from debilitating diseases or poisons - the ones that didn't just kill you outright. I am sure I just played these games poorly at the time, so look forward to taking another stab at it.
There are a couple of good walkthroughs and a fair amount of stuff on YouTube. The combat and survival were challenging in both the original game and the remake. After you make a bit of progress in the game, you can cultivate the skills to suit your play style and capitalize on your strengths.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.