Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Eight Horror Movies That Would Make Good Video Games

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 13 October 17 at 01:21
Boo!

Please click here to read the story: Eight Horror Movies That Would Make Good Video Games
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 13 October 17 at 01:31
This is a very creative article.

I find Belko Experiment might actual look a little too silly when translated into a video game involving office supplies.

It is a video game though so who is really looking for realism though.

Just think of all the....odd horror games we got back in the NES days.
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 13 October 17 at 01:46
Cool story, what about one on existing ones.. I loved "The Thing" back in the day, not just your run of the mill action/adventure, it was the first game I'd played that dived into the psychological side with your teammates, keeping them from getting panic stricken.
Peace Through Tyranny
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 13 October 17 at 02:17
Interesting take on 'It Follows.' It's a strong film but I have trouble seeing it translate. I know Michael Myers is in a few games and not sure if he ever had his own game but being Laurie Strode against the shape could have a good time, but I'm pretty bias when it comes to Halloween since it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I'd like to see a list of games that would make good horror movies. Dead by daylight, the evil within, outlast, and maybe even dead space to name a few.
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 13 October 17 at 02:30
IGutlessIWonder said:
I'd like to see a list of games that would make good horror movies. Dead by daylight, the evil within, outlast, and maybe even dead space to name a few.
Dead Space could be awesome, it would have to be top notch to make enemies look good. I like the idea of Outlast but looking through a camera/night vision has been done a lot so I’m leaning away from it. I’ve read they want to reboot resident Evil, make a movie based on Resident Evil 7
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 13 October 17 at 02:30
Hmm, interesting take.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 13 October 17 at 02:36
Out of the choices I’d go with Hannibal Lecter. I loved the TV show and movies. Maybe a Telltale type, new story, new characters so everyone has a chance to be eaten.
MthsD
MthsD
Posted on 13 October 17 at 02:47
Yes, please.
@MthsD
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 13 October 17 at 03:20, Edited on 13 October 17 at 03:21 by MVPVincent
IGutlessIWonder said:
While I am one for this, I'm also highly skeptical of video game movies, considering that most adaptations can't even scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality.
Chris8875
Chris8875
Posted on 13 October 17 at 03:42
I'd like to see "Spelunky" crossed with "The Descent" personally. Now that would make for an interesting experience.
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 13 October 17 at 03:47
I think The Relic would be a badass game. Trapped in museum with Ai similar to Alien Isolation as it hunts u hearing that horrible breathing as it gets closer......oops i soiled my pantiloons.
DFLO4523
DFLO4523
Posted on 13 October 17 at 04:18
I still love Nightmare on Elm Street on the NES!!! I think Rob Zombies House of 1000 Corpses could be a great game especially for telltale!
ShameOnAMonkk
ShameOnAMonkk
Posted on 13 October 17 at 04:19
How about Cabin In The Woods but you get to be the one to set up the cabin? It can use an Evil Genius type base building mechanic (or something similar). Unlock new traps/monsters/etc. as you progress.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 13 October 17 at 04:21
I'd prolly buy them all lol .what about ghoulies lol
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 13 October 17 at 04:28
Sadly this is all just fantasy. Games of movies are usually crap and movies of games are even worse.
guffnuts
guffnuts
Posted on 13 October 17 at 04:45
What about Tremors? Playing as an 80's Kevin Bacon would it make it one of the best games ever!
BertieHoth
BertieHoth
Posted on 13 October 17 at 05:11
Agreed on The Thing. Fab game on ps2/xbox, well worth an update.
ForcefulOliver2
Posted on 13 October 17 at 05:28
Nightmare on elm street!!! I would love to be freddy and be a psychopath or find a way to kill him hahaha(even if its impossible to kill freddy cause he is just a dream) ;) i bought the freddy collection on blu-ray and loved em as much as first time i watched em. Where is freddy vs jason 2!!!!
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 13 October 17 at 05:38
NawtyCawty said:
Sadly this is all just fantasy. Games of movies are usually crap and movies of games are even worse.
Agreed. Games of movies have to follow too closely to the movie and when the player takes control I feel like it feels unnatural, like a break in the action. Mind you, all lego games based on movies are great imo and Toy Story 3 was great too.

And movies of games are awful, I know I wanted to see the Assassin's Creed movie that came out a while back but I hadn't heard anything since, same with Need for Speed. Now after seeing the cinematic trailer for Origins why doesn't Ubisoft make animated video game movies with their movie studio? I feel those would turn out amazingly.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 October 17 at 05:39
ShameOnAMonkk said:
How about Cabin In The Woods but you get to be the one to set up the cabin? It can use an Evil Genius type base building mechanic (or something similar). Unlock new traps/monsters/etc. as you progress.
i would buy this
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.