The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 17th, 2017

• Posted on 17 October 17 at 20:36
    Why would anyone buy The Witcher 3 for 20 bucks when you can buy the GOTY edition for the same price? At least make the regular version 5 dollars less or something.
  • Warboy925Warboy925396,261
    Posted on 17 October 17 at 20:54
    Inferno118 said:
    Battlefront with all dlc for $5? thats crazy
    I always wondered about that game, but for only $5, if I don't like it, no big loss.......gonna grab it Friday!!
  • Posted on 17 October 17 at 21:42
    Yaeven said:
    MalphasAbyss said:
    Witcher 3 is 20$ and Witcher 3 GOTY is also 20$. now that's what i call pro consumer. not only all their 16 DLC is free, but in this sale those two massive Expansion Packs are also basically free as part of the GOTY Edition.
    on the other hand you have fallout 4 that charges you for 3 DLC that are supposed to be part of their game in the first place, their Season Pass is 50$ and now that is on sale it's still 30$ (which is too much). i refuse to pay for that shit
    the Blood and Wine alone is bigger than the entire Falout 4 + all of its tiny expansion packs.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The Witcher 3 with all the extra content and expansions for $20 is an incredible deal. Meanwhile, Fallout 4 being a meh game with lousy, almost offensive "extra content" charges you double the price of admission.
    EXACTLY
  • Posted on 17 October 17 at 21:48
    Death Metal Jim said:
    Why would anyone buy The Witcher 3 for 20 bucks when you can buy the GOTY edition for the same price? At least make the regular version 5 dollars less or something.
    the game is at the right price, if anything the GOTY Edition needs to be 5$ more, but since CD Project Red is awesome. they are basically giving you the Expansion Packs for free.
    i also think that maybe they are giving people an option to support them. so like you can buy the base game and pay extra for the Expansion Packs, everyone loves them, so it's possible that some people would actually do this.
  • WardieshireWardieshire594,710
    Posted on 17 October 17 at 22:03
    Definitely picking up The Witcher 3 GOTY for £14, that really is an absolute bargain!
  • mosin360mosin360774,730
    Posted on 17 October 17 at 23:46
    Any chance that the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition will be cheaper on Black Friday? Was thinking it would be $20 this year so probably best to be safe and just get it this week.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 04:59
    Witcher 3 is very tempting...
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • YaevenYaeven263,700
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 05:23
    mosin360 said:
    Any chance that the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition will be cheaper on Black Friday? Was thinking it would be $20 this year so probably best to be safe and just get it this week.
    Just get it. The base game without the DLC used to go for $25 a while back. I bought a PC version when I saw the GOTY edition at that same price, it was just too good to pass up. Now it's even cheaper. You're not going to get any better than this and at this point you're waiting for them to pay you for playing their game.
  • halohogghalohogg120,059
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye219,423
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 14:54
    woo, I was kicking myself for missing the Battlefront season pass when it was free a few weeks ago...headspinscoredance....now if I could just win a match (or even find one) of hero huntfacepalm
  • DielInfiniteDielInfinite146,408
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 19:37
    Sir Pielord said:
    Anyone thinking about getting GR : Wildlands, get it on the UBIShop. It's a good deal cheaper.
    Where are you seeing it? Ubishop only has the PC version on sale and that only matches the xbox live price. The Xbox versions are still full price.
  • Posted on 18 October 17 at 20:20
    NickHawkeye said:
    woo, I was kicking myself for missing the Battlefront season pass when it was free a few weeks ago...headspinscoredance....now if I could just win a match (or even find one) of hero huntfacepalm
    there are still many people playing (like me), sure sometimes it takes a few minutes but it'll always find a game smile
  • MasTRE007MasTRE007129,440
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 19:29, Edited on 19 October 17 at 19:30 by MasTRE007
    Do not buy The Witcher 3 if you're a completionist, achievements are buggy. Unless you're willing to make a save before each achievement and then play/replay/pray that you get it. Check the forums.

This is such a shame because it's an amazing game. Still, developer should fix issues and they haven't (and doesn't look like they will).
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 04:54
    XCOM 2 60% off
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • CasualExileCasualExile2,808,007
    Posted on 21 October 17 at 03:16
    Death Metal Jim said:
    Maybe some people (like myself) would buy the regular edition to stack achievements.
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy872,180
    Posted on 21 October 17 at 09:11
    NICE FREE BATTLEFRONT PASS!
    http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads