The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: October 17th, 2017

AuthorMessage
TwistedTB
TwistedTB
Posted on 17 October 17 at 09:06
Most of these games have been on sale many times at prices lower then these.
Stay tuned for more awesome posts by TwistedTB.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 17 October 17 at 09:24, Edited on 17 October 17 at 09:25 by Goggs25
not good lets hope they are saving the best for black friday sales
Goggs25
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 17 October 17 at 10:49
I ManuBad iT I said:
XCaptainMexico said:
I'm tempted to buy Bully but I already have enough games in my backlog.
Bully is a fantastic game!
right this is my own point of view and we all have different tastes, but BULLY. i had so many people saying you have to play it, it's brilliant.

in the voice of comic store guy
"worst game ever"
"worst £2 i ever spent"

not a fan of 99% of Rockstar games. couple i do like, but can't stand most

i like being a minorityrock
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 17 October 17 at 10:53
SALES.

same old same old

i have many games where i would buy the DLC if it went on sale on both 360 and One.
with 360 i cannot understand why far more games and dlc are not included in sales, surely it makes sense to make some extra profit however small on games that are several years old.
oh sense!
rock
Flook666
Flook666
Posted on 17 October 17 at 11:03
scotwolf2 said:
SALES.

same old same old

i have many games where i would buy the DLC if it went on sale on both 360 and One.
with 360 i cannot understand why far more games and dlc are not included in sales, surely it makes sense to make some extra profit however small on games that are several years old.
oh sense!
rock
This! ;)
Let's go Mr. Driver!
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 17 October 17 at 11:39
Flook666 said:
scotwolf2 said:
SALES.

same old same old

oh sense!
rock
This! ;)
This is the console software marketing industry, the only sense your going to get is they would rather delist than make lower profit margins with higher sales figures first as a means to attack console gamers psychology of fear and hope you will stump up the asking prices in the future on other products.

Wont be long before the optics are swapped out for a chip and pin drive.
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 17 October 17 at 12:02
keoskey said:
Wish they would put john woos stranglehold $20 dlc on sale
Same, I've been waiting for that sale for ages.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 17 October 17 at 12:15
Same stuff, another week...
DARK 777
Yaeven
Yaeven
Posted on 17 October 17 at 12:24, Edited on 17 October 17 at 12:24 by Yaeven
keoskey said:
Wish they would put john woos stranglehold $20 dlc on sale
Never going to happen, unfortunately. They'll close the servers before they ever discount the DLC.

Dancing Rob said:
due to backward compatibility I'd expect. it's been a similar pattern with second hand game prices, with noticable spikes in price when anything decent gets added to the programme.
I can see that being the case.

scotwolf2 said:
right this is my own point of view and we all have different tastes, but BULLY. i had so many people saying you have to play it, it's brilliant.

in the voice of comic store guy
"worst game ever"
"worst £2 i ever spent"

not a fan of 99% of Rockstar games. couple i do like, but can't stand most

i like being a minorityrock
I'm in what's probably a far more controversial minority: I think it's a way more fun game than GTA IV & GTA V.
HUstlinonradio
Posted on 17 October 17 at 12:25
IronInfidel47 said:
Found Red Dead Revolver in some store around where I live; should I play it before RDRedemption or does it not matter the order I play them in?
Doesn't matter. No connection to each other

I would suggest playing Revolver first because it is the worst game out of the two
I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 17 October 17 at 13:15
XCaptainMexico said:
I'm tempted to buy Bully but I already have enough games in my backlog.
Bully: Scholarship Edition is really a great game. I recommend you pick it up. I hear you about the backlog though. I've got more games in my backlog than in my games played. redface
capicawl
capicawl
Posted on 17 October 17 at 14:05
It's quite sad that the 360 digital games still aren't on par with retail discs. With the exception of Bully. The last time I checked, that game used was still over $20.
AbyssalOrc33
AbyssalOrc33
Posted on 17 October 17 at 14:56
Nothing for me.
MalphasAbyss
MalphasAbyss
Posted on 17 October 17 at 15:07
Does anyone know if "Bully: Scholarship Edition" "Max Payne 3" "Red Dead Redemption" will ever go less than this? i mean have they ever been cheaper than these prices?
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 17 October 17 at 16:16, Edited on 17 October 17 at 16:17 by KBop a doo
MalphasAbyss said:
Does anyone know if "Bully: Scholarship Edition" "Max Payne 3" "Red Dead Redemption" will ever go less than this? i mean have they ever been cheaper than these prices?
They used to be cheaper than these prices all the time before backward compatibility price hikes (even ones that aren't back-compat yet like Max Payne -- it seems like they're prepping for it). In US prices, I bought Bully for $4 several years ago, Max Payne used to go on sale for $5 and Red Dead used to go to $7.49. This seems to be as low as they're going to go post-backward compatibility, at least for now. The past several Rockstar sales, they've been at these prices or even higher.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 October 17 at 18:37
Same shit different week
Alice in Chains
MalphasAbyss
MalphasAbyss
Posted on 17 October 17 at 21:54
KBop a doo said:
MalphasAbyss said:
They used to be cheaper than these prices all the time before backward compatibility price hikes (even ones that aren't back-compat yet like Max Payne -- it seems like they're prepping for it). In US prices, I bought Bully for $4 several years ago, Max Payne used to go on sale for $5 and Red Dead used to go to $7.49. This seems to be as low as they're going to go post-backward compatibility, at least for now. The past several Rockstar sales, they've been at these prices or even higher.
thanks for the reply. hopefully they drop more on Black Friday. picked up Witcher 2, and if anything i'm actually disappointed that i couldn't pay more to support them more. those guys are awesome.
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 17 October 17 at 22:01
Well we will have Shoctober sales to look forward to next week so save some money for it.
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 17 October 17 at 22:17
MalphasAbyss said:
yes many have been cheaper...i paid £2 for bully...wished i hadn't
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 17 October 17 at 22:18
Achilles8249 said:
Well we will have Shoctober sales to look forward to next week so save some money for it.
i'm saving for black Friday, spent over £100 last year, too many bargains.
i hope amazon do 1yr live for £25 again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.