Game Discussion: Medal of Honor: Airborne

multiplayer issues?

• Sky ManiacSky Maniac949,042
    Posted on 17 October 17 at 20:33
    for some reason the game has lost all my MP progress.

got Level 2 rifle yesterday and was about halfway to level 3 - came on today to see I have no kills at all and online level back at 1...

anyone else had this issue? I mean the MP is bad enough without my time being wasted by this...
  • Posted on 17 October 17 at 23:47
    YES, anytime I turn off the game it seems to reset everything including overall stars for kills and objectives
  • igmgordonigmgordon806,220
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 09:21
    Yeah me aswell, luckily hadn’t done much. Multiplayer seems a broken mess but then the game is 10 years old. Think I’ll give mp a miss now.
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,159
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 13:49
    Since the game just went GWG I’m sure their ancient servers are getting hammered like never before right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that had something to do with it. Something like that really shouldn’t affect stat tracking, but meh, it’s EA, anything is possible.
  • DonietscheDonietsche475,111
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 23:12, Edited on 18 October 17 at 23:14 by Donietsche
    Same as above: my stats go back to 0 (for everything) every 3-4 matches (and every time I quit/restart the game). I already regret installing this game: yes I Knew beforehand about the glitched/stats-related achievement, but it turns out that ALL the mp achievement (or most of them) are now unobtainable.
  • FNSUITE GHOSTFNSUITE GHOST1,523,934
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 14:44
    Hey guys , are you playing on 360 or X1? I know some other games I've played recently had similar issues on the X1 side but worked fine on the 360, so maybe it's a BC thing. I see there are people who won stat related achievements recently too.
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:10, Edited on 19 October 17 at 15:24 by Donietsche
    x360 here. I tried once again today, and the "regular" reset is still happening... and even when the stats show up for a couple of games, some tabs are always =zero points (for instance, played matches, time played, etc.).

The amount of people/hosts disconnecting - and therefore contributing to an irregular end of the match - doesn't help*; I believe: the matter of the fact is that this happens anyway (even if there has been no disconnection, etc.): as soon as I quit the game, my stats disappear (including weapon's stats and progression) when I reload it.

I'm 100% sure that I should have already unlocked at least a couple of additional achievements (the one awarded for playing on all maps, and the one awarded for 20 assists during a career).

Also, the game freezes every time I try to access the leaderboards.

[*I read your suggestions/explanations about the infamous glitched achievement, therefore I know that the aforementioned events can be problematic (and actually be the cause of the glitch itself). The (new) issue right now seems to be happening regardless (and on a cyclic basis).]
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:27, Edited on 19 October 17 at 15:32 by Donietsche
    I also noticed that there are recent winners (as you pointed out).. I suppose that they are boosters who were lucky enough/extremely careful about avoiding the recent "plague" (my wild guess is that something went terribly wrong in the past couple of days due to the recent surge of active AND disconnecting players).
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:35
    A minor influx of a couple hundred players shouldn't effect stats from not tracking. Considering I've never heard of any issues pre-backward compatibility, it's most likely related to that some how. The other question I just thought of was if you were using a disc or download? Maybe the digital version is corrupted. I know with some Japanese games I've played that digital versions can be glitchy but disc works fine.

As for the leaderboards freezing that is a known issue from day 1 unfortunately... and happens to everyone :(
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:39
    In my case it's the digital copy (and I assume the same goes for the other users who posted here). By the way, thanks for your contribution to the thread!
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,990
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:50
    it was wroking fine for monday and have not came back to the game. I got the achievements with no issue. The difficult thing s to find your group now. I own the digital copy and my stats are intact
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:08, Edited on 19 October 17 at 16:14 by Donietsche
    when did you register with the server/start playing? I keep seeing recent players (like me) in matches whose grade (among other things) gets back to the starting point after a few matches (it's not hard to remember the nicknames with such a small pool of players).

If you will have any update after coming back to the game (I'm not sure that it's a good idea to do so right now, though), that would be great.
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:14
    Hmm. Sounds bizarre, Now the real trick will be to figure out what Living Legends has done differently than you guys in the thread. Maybe it's a graphical glitch and your stats are stilll there but just look zeroed? Are you 100% you should have gotten an achievement and didn't (I.e. For assists)? Did you start the game before or after backwards compatibility ? I.e. Maybe Living Legends started it from scratch at BC but you're playing from a continuation file before BC? Maybe it has something to do with that?
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:16, Edited on 19 October 17 at 16:42 by Donietsche
    yep, 100% sure (edit: I'm also 100% sure that I keep losing my progress weapons-wise.. so that impacts on the "mp-weapon virtuoso" achievement). Played all the maps multiple times, and my assists are way over 20 right now. I started playing two days ago, by the way, so we can rule that out (the BC factor). I can make peace with more mp achievements being unobtainable/extremely glitched (I'm not happy about it, I wouldn't have started the game if I had known that), but I believe it could be useful to know for sure if that's the case (for the achievement guides/general disclaimers).
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:22, Edited on 19 October 17 at 16:24 by Donietsche
    Probably Living Legends avoided, among other things, the crowd of disconnecting/rage quitting players lol

But I assume that even back in the day, a connection lost/game crash would happen from time to time: and that the mp achievements (excluding THAT one) weren't influenced by that to such a degree.
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:26, Edited on 19 October 17 at 18:17 by Donietsche
    I think it's unrelated, but for the sake of full disclosure... the achievement "presidential unit citation" unlocked for me when I scored way more than 20 team points in a single match (around 30+, slightly before the end of the match; my final team score was 35 if I'm not mistaken). The "in game" award/notification ("player x has been awarded" etc.) came that late, not only the achievement (but every other award/achievement that I got came at the right time, and popped immediately: for instance, the "meritorious unit citation").
  • P4R4bellumP4R4bellum312,565
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 00:50
    Glad it's not just me, have filed a ticket with Xbox to see if they can fix the BC version of the game. Equally, it is an EA game, it was bound to have some level of server issues. Will post here if Xbox reply to my ticket
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,990
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 03:56, Edited on 20 October 17 at 06:20 by Living Legends
    Donietsche said:
    Probably Living Legends avoided, among other things, the crowd of disconnecting/rage quitting players lol

But I assume that even back in the day, a connection lost/game crash would happen from time to time: and that the mp achievements (excluding THAT one) weren't influenced by that to such a degree.
    I boost by myself. I have the minimum to start games on my own. I started this on my bean dive on my 360 and have not played it on the Xbox one.

My stats are fine on the 360, my three dummies all got erased when loading on the one. Maybe have to do with cloud storage?
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 07:13, Edited on 20 October 17 at 07:16 by Donietsche
    Living Legends said:
    Donietsche said:

I boost by myself. I have the minimum to start games on my own. I started this on my bean dive on my 360 and have not played it on the Xbox one.

My stats are fine on the 360, my three dummies all got erased when loading on the one. Maybe have to do with cloud storage?
    at least we can rule out that this mess is caused by a "connection lost" or similar issues. By the way, earlier (8-9 hours ago) I tried to play a few matches. No disconnections, waited for the final screen after the end of the match to close, didn't even reload the game: I was simply idle in the menus for 30-40 minutes, then played a few more matches. The reset still happened lol: and I didn't even check the stats page, I noticed that because I had lost the progression bar for the weapon I was using. A check of the stats page confirmed that.

As I wrote earlier some tabs are always reporting zero anyways, even when my kills/assists/placements show up (for a little while...).
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 09:53, Edited on 20 October 17 at 10:09 by Donietsche
    I contacted MS support, and while they can't really fix the issue on their end (for obvious reasons), they suggested that more players experiencing this should open a ticket. As soon as they have enough of those complaints, they should be able to send a communication to EA. Probably It won't solve anything right away, but at least the issue will be brought to light in a "formal" fashion (I stressed the fact that the problem effects MS services... i.e., achievements). Please if you have the time, do so (as of now only 4-5 players have contacted MS support; the vast amount of "casual" players who downloaded the game probably didn't even notice the problem, or aren't used to contacting MS... or don't contemplate that option). I don't think that there's much else we can do...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads